Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
203
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,230

Back Porch

Summary:

just a tiny scene of the aftermath

Work Text:

Between the abduction and his parents divorce, Jimmy Gordon hadn't been sleeping well. The therapist he'd started seeing a month ago told him it was perfectly natural, that it was because he'd lost the feeling of security other kids had at home.

When he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, he liked to look out at the night. Whether he was at the apartment his mom had found after they'd moved out, or the house his dad still lived at, he enjoyed looking out at the stillness of the dark. Tonight, however, it wasn't so still on the back porch.

Jimmy knew Batman was a hero, and that he was probably still trying to put the bad guys away, he just had to be more careful of the cops, now. And he guessed that his dad was still the one Batman trusted to talk to. But he'd never guessed that he might see his dad and Batman go from talking to kissing on the back porch. It was a little weird, seeing his dad kissing someone other than his mom. On the other hand, after that night, he seemed to sleep a little better when he stayed over at his dad's.