Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
470
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,216

Hey AJ

Summary:

A late night conversation.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Hey AJ
by Cy
 

 

"Hey AJ."

"Yeah Rick."

"I love you."

"Oh brother."

12 hours into another boring stakeout, waiting for yet another cheating husband to come out of yet another sleazy motel so they could take some pictures, make some money, and get back to something more interesting. Like a repo.

This is bad, AJ thought. I'm so bored that the idea of taking away a luxury car from some guy bigger then the two of us put together is starting to look attractive. At least that would have some excitement. Hell, at least that would have some action to it, even it was running for their lives. More coffee, he thought, taking a swig of rather cool liquid from the beat up thermos. It was silent in the dark truck but it was a comfortable silence as he sat next to his brother Rick. 12 hours and five minutes. And counting….

 

Two hours later.

"Hey AJ."

"Yeah Rick."

"I love you."

"Okay, I give. What brought this on. Are you okay?" A sudden heart-stopping though occurred to him. "You're not dying or anything are you?" he asked as he reached over to touch his brother's shoulder, trying to see his face in the dark.

"No Kid, I'm fine. Well, tired and hungry and dying for a shower but other then that I'm fine. No, I've just been thinking…"

AJ waited for his brother to try and put the words together, curious as to what he was going to tell him.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is…… shit I'm not even sure how to put it."

"It's okay Rick, you don’t have to. I know."

Rick turned to face his brother, still keeping half an eye on the motel.

"I know that, but still. I guess I just felt that I wanted to say it, that I had to. Just once, when neither of us is drunk or hurt or fighting each other. Hell, we almost broke up the business a few weeks ago. Now this isn't my usual choice of entertainment for a Friday night, but in a way I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"I know Rick. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else either." He flashed his brother a smile and they went back to waiting.

 

Three hours later and 17 hours into the stakeout from hell as the sun was rising, AJ finally saw some activity in the run down motel room. Rick saw it at the same time and snapped some pictures. AJ started the engine to follow the guy, relieved that something was happening and that they'd get to go home soon and get something resembling real food. And maybe some peaceful sleep for a change.

"Hey Rick"

"Yeah AJ"

" I love you too."

end
E-mail address: cy@southroad.com

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Cy .
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.