Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
383
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,379

Questions

Summary:

Knight Rider Micheal/KITT Challenge response to the prompt 'Can I ask you something?'

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course Micheal.”

Micheal watched as the water from the hose cascaded down KITT's front hood, leaving it sparkling in the sun, his black metal form gleaming, that red bar tracking back and forth. He hesitated another moment before speaking. The question wasn't easy and he was apprehensive as to the answer.

“Do I... make you happy?”

“How could you ask such a thing? Of course you make me happy!”

“No I mean-,” Micheal winced, “Do I make you happy?”

“Micheal I'm afraid I don't understand.”

“In our relationship. Are you happy? Is there anything... you want that I'm not giving you? Something that you feel like we're lacking?”

“Micheal I... I must say I'm shocked. You never make me feel that way. I'm completely satisfied with our relationship.”

Micheal let out a deep breath, “Really?”

“Of course! I mean I admit sometimes I do feel frustrated with certain things but isn't that to be expected considering our differences?”

“That's what I meant also. What are you frustrated about?”

“Well... for one I can't hold you. Like now. I wish I could reassure you in a more physical way that yes I am happy and that yes I do love you. But... despite being a sentient machine I do have the body of a car. And... I don't think like you either Micheal. I don't have the same wants and needs as a human.”

Micheal relaxed a bit, “I just wanted to make sure.”

KITT's voice was warm when he responded, “Of course you make me happy Micheal.”

A moment of silence passed.

“But on that note... Do I make you happy?”

“More than anything pal.” Micheal smiled, “Sometimes I can't believe how much. I mean don't take this the wrong way but you are right. You don't have a body. You aren't even a woman. But... I feel more complete and happy with you than with anyone I've ever been with. You feel like everything that I've ever been missing.”

“No regrets?”

“None.” Micheal replied immediately.

Feeling much more lighthearted and happy Micheal grinned over at his partner, “I'm going to go shut this off. And then we'll start with the wax.”

“See Micheal? Why do you even worry? You know exactly what makes me happy.”

 

~END~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.