Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
518
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,182

Lightning

Summary:

Mater reflects on why the love of his life is called Lightning.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Lightning
by Pirate Turner

 

        He is Lightning, but the name is not because of his speed. The entire world is made up of his fans, and they all think he's named for his speed. I've heard him cyke himself up for a big race and know that even he believes it, but I know better than all of them what it really means. I should, because I'm the luckiest vehicle on all of this big planet's many roads. Ya see, I'm so lucky because I've got his love, and it's also because of our love that I know what his name really means.

        When he smiles at me, when he talks to me, when he even just looks my way, I shiver inside. At first I thought I'd gotten a hold of some bad gas or oil, but it happens every time I'm around him and is one of the best feelings in the world. I shiver. I tremble. My every wire tingles, -- and it's all because of him.

        But the best thing in the whole wide world happens late at night when we're alone together and there's nobody around to laugh at us or call us bad names. He finally slows down and pulls up beside me so close that his front bumper is gently touching mine. His motor's a quiet purr, and I'm so excited my tow starts swinging in the breeze. He doesn't laugh at me even though I know he can feel me trembling. He doesn't speak, either. He just continues to purr in his engine's deep, smooth voice, and he smiles at me.

        Warmth spreads all the way through me, filling every wire; every piece of metal; every old, rusty joint; everything that's me, and that's when the real magic happens. With him touching me, the warmth builds. It's more than a tingle, more than a jolt, more pleasurable and powerful than anything else I've ever felt before. It's like a warm fire of total pleasure, like lightning jumping from him, striking me, and spreading all the way through me from the front of my grill through the bottoms of my tires and out the swinging tip of my tow.

        It makes me tremble inside like I'm a leaf caught in a cyclone and burns me so hot and brightly that it can't be anything but invisible lightning oozing out of his every pore and into mine. With that simple touch, he makes me feel more wonderful than I ever thought possible. It's a bigger thrill than even riding in the whirlymajig that he got me. I've never felt anything else like it, and I know I never will for he's the only one who will ever be able to make me feel that way and the only one I'll ever want.

        That's why I know the real reason why he's called Lightning, -- because he fills my parts and my life with lightning I crave as badly as thunder craves the lightning that lights the sky. And it's also why I know I'm the luckiest vehicle alive, because he loves me.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.