Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
450
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,541

If You Leave Me Now

Summary:

Jack can't bear to see Ianto unhappy

Work Text:

If You Leave Me Now
by PEJA

 

Ianto Jones had the look of a lost puppy. A look Jack Harkness recognized with pained regret each time it shadowed Ianto's striking features. A look Ianto wore far too often. That dreaded look that alerted Jack that the young man, his most precious lover, feared that Jack had strayed.

Again.

He'd been sloppy mentioning the soldier in the bar to Martha. Then to stupidly try to shrug it off as strictly business.  Ianto would accept damn near anything, but if he got it into his head that he was being played.

Fuck!

Jack raked through his hair, messing the carefully sculpted coiffure.

He was handling Ianto all wrong.  He knew he was... and he was going to lose the man if he didn't wise-up. Damn soon.

Just thinking of Ianto turning him away set him in a panic. He dashed across the room, gathering a surprised Ianto in his arms.

“What are you...” Ianto stiffened against Jack's apparent  attempt o squeeze the life out of him. Scowling his impatience, Ianto braced his arms against Jack's chest, refusing the comfort Jack desperately needed to give him.

“Ianto...?”

“Jack, let go.” Ianto interrupted, shaking his head, his anguish shining in his own blue eyes. “Jack, we need to ....”

Jack subdued him easily, capturing his gaze with his eyes. “Ianto, please.  I...” He choked on the words straining to escape. “I...Dammit, Ianto, I love you.”

Ianto stilled, the resistance going out of him.  “Wha...What did you say?”

Jack swallowed against the lump in his throat. “I love you.”

Ianto's head moved in the negative.

“I do.” Jack held his gaze, letting his love shine through like a radiant beacon.  “I don't deserve you. I'm  an outrageous flirt. I don't think I can stop that.  Don't know if its in my nature, but I won't cheat on you if you'll only stay with me.   And I swear I don't want to hurt you. Your happiness is the most important thing in the world to me. In the whole of time. Please, Ianto...”

Smiling, Ianto silenced him with a testing kiss.

“Ianto...?”

“You do know that every word you just said was recorded, right?”  Ianto arched a brow, tilting his head toward the web cam they stood before.  The one with the blinking red light. “You can't deny ever saying it.”

Jack laughed softly, his lips hovering against Ianto's. “Not something I ever want to deny,” he whispered as he pressed that little bit closer to devour Ianto's lips in a kiss that left nothing in question.

 

end

 

Comm/List Written for: http://community.livejournal.com/children_oftime
http://community.livejournal.com/cardiff_tales
Author's websites:
http://peja.dreamwidth.org
http://peja.insanejournal.com
http://peja1956.livejournal.com
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
Author's email: makebelievearchive@gmail.com