Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-03-31
Words:
1,426
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Hits:
2,360

Skin

Summary:

Simon and Deena go through the hardest thing in their relationship. An alternative ending to the episode "Nobody Knows"

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

A/n, this is an alternative episode for s 3.11 “Nobody Knows”
What if Deena’s results weren’t so encouraging. I was inspired by aarent and the story “Ain’t No Sunshine”
Read it’s an awesome story!
Anyway, here’s my fic. So read and review, please.

Chapter Text

Simon Camden waited anxiously for his girlfriend Deena Stewart to get to school. She’d told him yesterday that she was going in for a checkup to see if her leukemia that she’d suffered from seven years ago was back. He was still angry at his father for not telling him that he’d known Deena before she’d met Simon, but he understood things people told his dad were confidential.

Looking up he saw her walking towards him. The expression on her face was enough but he still needed to hear it from her.

“Hey,” he greeted standing and hugging her tightly. As his arms wrapped around her the young girl burst into tears.

“It’s b-b-back, Simon. The cancer’s back.”

Feeling tears well up in his own eyes Simon tried to blink them back. “We’ll get through this together, I promise. I’m always here for you, all of my family is.”

Sniffling Deena nodded her head. “I start my first treatment next week.”

“I’ll come with you.”
“No, Simon, I don’t want you to do that. You’ll miss school.”

“I don’t care about school. I care about you.”

“I don’t want you to see me like that,” she argued gently.

Reaching out he tilted her face so she’d look at him. “No matter how you look you’ll always be beautiful to me. Besides I could never let you go through this alone,” Simon responded.

Just then the bell rang and the two seperated to head to their respective classes.

TBC?

 

A/n, short I know, but this is just a set up chapter. Please read and review.