Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of It Takes a Thief Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
519
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,114

Deleted Scene: A Sour Note

Summary:

small scene takes place just at the end of the ep "A Sour Note"

Work Text:

Noah gaped at the door through which Angela stormed out for a good five minutes. He folded his arms across his chest. “She really doesn’t like tenors, does she?” he said at a loss.

Al whistled and shook his head. “No. I asked her if she preferred other sopranos and you should’ve seen the look she gave me.”

“I can just imagine,” Noah answered dryly.

“Medusa couldn’t have done much better, but look at it this way. I don’t think she can really sue because I interrupted her aria,” Al said helpfully.

“Probably not, but wow.”

“I had to,” Al insisted. “If I wanted to get the papers and keep my head intact.”

Noah shrugged. “I understand. I just don’t think she ever will.”

Al gave an exaggerated shudder. “I had to spend a few days with her highness. The diva. The divine one with the golden voice,” he drawled and rolled his eyes. “She’s not exactly at the top of my favorite people list.”

Noah smirked. “You mean the great Alexander Munday charm didn’t work on her?”

Al held his hands out helplessly. “Nope and I tried.”

Noah chuckled. “You must be losing your touch.”

Al stepped closer and rested his hands lightly on Noah’s hips. He arched his eyebrows. “Am I?”

Noah was still with his hands at his sides. His voice was neutral. “You couldn’t even get out of the starting gate with her. What does that say?”

Al lightly ran his lips along Noah’s jaw. “That she has no taste.” He made his way to Noah’s ear and nipped his earlobe. He smiled at Noah’s sharp intake of breath. “I think the charm is back to full working order.”

Noah tried to step back before this could get any more heated. “I wouldn’t brag about that. It’s never been hard for you to get around me.”

Al refused to let go. “I have to disagree,” he whispered against Noah’s skin.

“Al, let go,” Noah said flatly but didn’t move.

“You always make me work hard to get you,” Al growled, “but it’s worth it.”

Noah’s eyes slid shut. “Al, I have to get these papers in so we can get the extradition process started on Schroeder.”

Al wrapped his arms around Noah and felt Noah relax against him. He pulled back just enough for Noah to see his lecherous grin. “I may not be getting any of the money Schroeder stole, but I think I deserve something besides a thank you from a grateful nation.”

Noah looked at him in frustration and lust. “I should go.”

Al nipped at Noah’s bottom lip. “I know you had the Italians pick him up the moment I called you with what I had. He’s not going anywhere.”

“Still--”

Al interrupted by letting his hands roam lower over Noah’s ass. “Shroeder’s been waiting twenty years. Will another couple hours matter?”

Noah grabbed the back of Al’s head and kissed him hard. His tongue swept through Al’s mouth as if he owned it. When they had to break apart, he pressed their foreheads together. His tone was a uniquely Noah combination of exasperation and arousal. “One of these days, I’m gonna be able to say no to you.”

Al laughed quietly. “But not today.”

Series this work belongs to: