Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
379
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,198

Murphy's War

Summary:

A friendly little inter-MDPD war

Work Text:

Murphy's War
by Buffy

 

Horatio was ready to go home.  It had been a very long day, despite the satisfaction of catching the sniper that had been targeting the Metro area.  His plan was to slip into his office just long enough to sign off on the most urgent stuff and leave the rest for the morning, but the paper taped to his door was a surprise.  The header read, "Murphy's Cop Laws" and number 13 was highlighted:  Bullets work on veteran cops too.  The also work on weight lifters, martial arts experts, department marksmen, Narco investigators, S.W.A.T. jocks, and others who consider themselves immortal.  In blue ink "*and CSIs" had been added.  H had to grin, Alexx had already voiced a similar opinion in more direct language, but this had style and humor.  Even in those two short words, the handwriting looked familiar.  He'd have to figure out whose it was, and return the favor in kind.

 

Rick Stetler loosened his tie as he walked down the hall towards his office.  He hated having to waste time watching a department that was under strong supervision already.  Say what you want about Horatio Caine, he ran a tight ship down in the lab.  Not that they hadn't skirted the line a few times, but they were careful to stay on the side of the angels.  There were other parts of the PD that would benefit from having an IA officer looking over their shoulder, but Rick went where he was told.  And he was told to keep an eye on the investigation into the porn star, so that's what he did.  He'd opened the door and almost closed it behind him again before he noticed the paper taped to it.  He started chuckling when he placed it, a print out of "Muphy's Cop Laws" identical to one he'd taped to Caine's door a few months before.  Rule 6 instead of 13 was highlighted on this one:  If you know someone who tortures animals and wets the bed, he is either a serial killer or he works for Internal Affairs.  Rick shook his head, and wondered if this was simply payback or if it was a subtle nod on his relationship with Yellina.

 

end