Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
374
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
764
Hits:
4,080

A Matter Of Honor

Summary:

Can Adama convince the council of the 12 tribes that he did the right thing in letting Baltar go?

Notes:

I don’t own any character that I hasn’t created.

Work Text:

"As I promised, I has left Baltar on a deserted planet with enough supplies to last him until he get picked up. I also left him with seeds to plant, in case he has to stay on this planet for a long time. I hope that he'll never get picked up," recorded Commander Adama. He looked at his diary. He saw the words on it. Adama was always a man of his word. Now he had to convince the council of the 12 tribes that he did the right thing in letting Baltar go. He knew that he will have a hard time doing so.

He was right about one thing. It was hard to convince them he did the right thing. They thought that he was nuts to exile Baltar to another planet. He couldn't blame them for feeling that way. Many of them has lost loved ones because of what Baltar did. It wasn't easy to forgive him for betraying humanity to the Cylons. Heck, he was on the list of people who wanted Baltar dead. He listened as they argued about what Baltar deserved. Some believed that Baltar should be killed for his crimes. Others wanted Baltar to to rot his life away in prison. Adama couldn't argue with that. Then, one of the councilors asked Adama if he has something to say. He looked at all of them. Then, he spoke his mind.

"I made a promise to him to get his help with a crisis that we're having with the Cylons. I promise him that I would drop him off on another planet if he help us. I'm always been a man of honor. It may been a mistake, but I wouldn't be true to myself if I broke my word. I promise all of you that we'll find Earth one day. I don't know if any of us will be still alive when we do, but I promise that I won't give up until we do," said Adama. They didn't have anything to say. They didn't know how to answer him. So Adama dismissed the meeting of the 12 tribe, which was followed by them leaving the room, leaving Adama alone with his thoughts. The end, for now.