Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Flashes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
199
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,118

Flashes: Autumn Nights

Summary:

"The park was filled with couple's bundled up against the bitter cold of an evening in a Westchester fall."

Work Text:


Flashes: Autumn Nights
by Chi Shiro

 

The park was filled with couple's bundled up against the bitter cold of an evening in a Westchester fall. Some of the smaller children had earmuffs and scarves to protect them from the biting chill. One couple, a large black and brown dog in tow, strolled easily through the autumn air with little more than T-shirts and jeans.

Terpsichore whimpered pleadingly, chewing on her leash to be let loose. Bobby smiled fondly down at his 'baby' girl and allowed her to slip the leash. Hank simply chirupped as one hundred and fifteen pounds of spoiled brat ran wildly through the park, scattering the tame ducks and sending leaves flying in a cascade of color.

They kept their pace leisurely, savoring these last few days before Bobby would leave for only who knew how long. Twilight was falling slowly upon them as Hank gazed up into the sky.

"The stars, a million diamonds, dancing bright before my eyes. Taunting me with a memory from so long ago. Of a love as beautiful as the stars themselves. An ice child who glistened like crystal," he held out his hand for Bobby, who took it with a blush.

end

Series this work belongs to: