Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
665
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,211

Friendship Day

Summary:

Johnny and Roy have a conference with Kelly, Joe and Dixie about how they kept their friendship going strong.

Work Text:


     
     
Friendship Day
by Lynneste
     
Friendship Day started out like any day. Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto were in the staff lounge at Rampart General Hospital.
     
Johnny said, "Friendship Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. Let's hope we can talk about all that we've been through, Pally."
     
Roy said, "Don't worry, Junior. Everything is just fine."
     
Drs. Kelly Brackett and Joe Early and Nurse Dixie McCall came into the staff lounge.
     
Dixie asked, "Well, how's everything with you two?"
     
Roy replied, "Everything is just fine."
     
Dixie said, "I'm glad to hear that."
     
Kelly said, "I hope you both are doing your jobs the way you've been trained."
     
Johnny said, "We are."
     
Dixie said, "I remember when you both were there to help me when I was injured in a rescue."
     
Roy said, "That's right. Johnny and I rushed you here."
     
Johnny said, "I remember when your arm was stuck in that drink machine. Roy and I helped unstuck your arm."
     
Joe asked, "Roy, do you remember when your throat was bothering you?"
     
Roy replied, "Yes. Johnny was the one who convinced me to see you. I'm grateful to him for that."
     
Johnny said, "I'm grateful you acknowledged my advice."
     
Joe said, "I remember when I had open heart surgery. All of you came in to see me. That brightened my day quite a bit."
     
Kelly said, "I remember when Johnny and Roy brought in a radiation-contaminated patient. I had an area sealed off for him in addition to wearing protective clothing. Johnny and Roy came into the area wearing protective clothing, as well."
     
Roy said, "That's right. Johnny had to stay the night here. I was discharged. For the rest of the night, I thought about him."
     
Johnny said, "Roy, I thought about you, too."
     
Dixie said, "I remember when a patient was brought here with a virus she caught from an exotic pet she brought back from Asia."
     
Kelly said, "A few other people she came into contact with, Johnny and myself included, caught the virus from her. One person died. For the others, including Johnny and myself, it was a real close call. The exotic pet had to be put down."
     
Roy said, "I did find time to come in and visit you and Johnny, because I was really worried."
     
Johnny said, "That brightened up our day."
     
Roy said, "I remember when Johnny and I were called to a car accident. We were shocked to find a familiar face among the injured."
     
Kelly said, "I was on my way to work here. I'm grateful to you and Johnny for helping me out."
     
Joe said, "We here at Rampart are grateful to Roy and Johnny for that."
     
Dixie said, "We most certainly are."
     
Kelly said, "I remember when Johnny and Roy were helping out hundreds of people in that high-rise office building fire. A makeshift triage center was set up in the garage. Dr. Morton and I helped out a handful of patients."
     
Joe said, "Dixie and I were tending to the severely injured ones here."
     
Dixie said, "That's right."
     
Johnny said, "Roy and I remember when we were helping out a young girl with a head injury."
     
Roy said, "That's right. Then a wayward charter airplane crashed into the neighborhood."
     
Joe said, "Dixie and I were doing the same thing, tending to the severely injured patients, including that young girl."
     
Dixie said, "That's right. Both of you and the girl's mother were also brought in. It's understood a makeshift triage center was set up in the baseball field nearby. There, Dr. Morton helped out a handful of patients."
     
Kelly said, "I was in Sacramento for a conference at the time. Throughout all of the times we've shared, we still have our friendship going strong. Let's keep it that way."
     
The two doctors, the head nurse and the paramedics agreed, and kept the pact.
     
     
DONE