Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,599
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,122

Sweetest Day

Summary:

Chet and Marco want to celebrate Sweetest Day with their mothers. What they don't know is they're in for a surprise.

Work Text:

 

Sweetest Day
by Lynneste

 
Sweetest Day started out like any other day. Chet Kelly and Marco Lopez attended church mass. Afterwards, they did a little shopping for their mothers.
 
Chet said, "I have a feeling your mother and my mother would like to have some white grenache."
 
Marco said, "They sure would. Sweetest Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of October every year."
 
"That's right. It also seems right to spend the day with loved ones."
 
"I agree with you on that."
 
"Do you remember what we did for our mothers on Mothers' Day?"
 
"I sure do. I also remember what we, along with Johnny and Roy, did for Mike and Cap on Fathers' Day."
 
"So we are doing something nice, if Johnny, Roy, Mike and Cap are already doing so."
 
"Anything is possible."
 
A few moments later, the two men were on the front porch of their mothers' ranch bungalow. The front door opened.
 
Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were surprised to see their sons.
 
"Sweetie." "Honey." The two women greeted their sons simultaneously.
 
In unison, Chet and Marco said, "Happy Sweetest Day, Mom."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Oh, thank you."
 
The two women showed their sons in.
 
Another man's voice yelled, "Wait right there!"
 
Chet and Marco turned around. They were surprised to see Hank Stanley and Mike Stoker coming to the front door.
 
Chet said, "Mike."
 
Marco said, "Cap."
 
Hank said, "Mike and I couldn't miss the Sweetest Day celebration. So we decided to come to your mothers' place."
 
Mike said, "That's right."
 
Marco said, "Great."
 
He and Chet showed Hank and Mike inside.
 
Another man's voice yelled, "Hold it!"
 
Chet and Marco turned around. They were surprised to see Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto coming to the front door.
 
Marco said, "Roy."
 
Chet said, "Johnny."
 
Roy said, "Johnny and I wanted to join the Sweetest Day celebration at your mothers' place."
 
Johnny said, "He's right. Sweetest Day is a day to be celebrated with loved ones."
 
Chet said, "Great! Now we all can celebrate together."
 
He and Marco showed Johnny and Roy inside.
 
A few moments later, everybody was settled. Chet and Marco were preparing an Irish-Mexican brunch. Johnny was setting the table. Roy was preparing mimosas.
 
Hank, Mike, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were relaxing in the living room.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "On Mothers' Day, Chet and Marco made a nice brunch for me and Mrs. Lopez."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "That's right. It was wonderful."
 
Hank said, "On Fathers' Day, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy surprised me and Mike with a nice dinner."
 
Mike said, "That's right. It, too, was wonderful."
 
Mrs. Lopez asked, "How was Mike like a father to Marco, Chet, Johnny and Roy?"
 
Hank replied, "One day, I was helping out in a rescue from a car accident. I came into contact with something that was touching downed electrical wires and got electrocuted."
 
Mrs. Kelly exclaimed, "Oh dear!"
 
Hank continued, "But don't worry. Your sons with Mike, Johnny and Roy rushed me to the hospital, and I was saved."
 
Mike said, "The captain here put me in charge of command for the time being. It was a difficult task. But I got through it."
 
Hank said, "The guys held good thoughts for me."
 
Mike said, "That's right. And Chet and Marco prayed for him, as well."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Their prayers have been answered, I see."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "It's so wonderful to have guys who care about one another."
 
From the kitchen, Chet called, "Brunch is ready. Come to the table."
 
Hank, Mike, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez got up and took their places at the dining room table.
 
Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy served Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank, Mike and themselves.
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you."
 
In unison, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy said, "Our pleasure."
 
The men then took their places at the dining room table.
 
As everybody was seated, they took their first taste of the Irish-Mexican brunch.
 
In unison, Hank and Mike said, "Delicious."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Told you so."
 
There was a little laughter.
 
Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Chet, Marco, Hank, Mike, Johnny and Roy then raised their champagne flutes in a toast.
 
Chet said, "Cheers and happy Sweetest Day."
 
Marco, Johnny and Roy said, "Happy Sweetest Day."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you."
 
The six men and the two women then tooks sips of their mimosas. Everybody then began to dig in.
 
After brunch, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy helped clear the dishes. Johnny and Roy then sat back down at the dining room table. Chet and Marco followed, carrying two wrapped bottles.
 
Chet said, "Marco and I saw these and we immediately thought about you."
 
Marco said, "That's right. So we bought them for you."
 
Chet gave one wrapped bottle to his mother. Marco gave the other wrapped bottle to his mother. The two women opened their Sweetest Day gifts. They were surprised to receive bottles of white grenache.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "This is really wonderful."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Thank you so much."
 
In unison, Chet and Marco said, "Our pleasure, Mom."
 
Later, that evening, Chet and Marco were in the kitchen preparing shrimp pasta, garlic toast and caesar salad for dinner. Johnny was setting the dining room table. Roy was pouring white zinfandel. Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike were relaxing in the living room.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "Captain Stanley, Mrs. Lopez and I are proud of our sons."
 
Hank said, "I'm glad to hear that. They serve Los Angeles County very well."
 
Mike said, "That's right. They also serve their communities well."
 
Hank said, "All of that makes me proud of your sons. They also have Mike, Johnny and Roy."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "It's so wonderful our sons have good people to serve alongside in Los Angeles County and in their communities."
 
Hank said, "Indeed it is."
 
From the kitchen, Marco called, "Dinner is ready. Come to the table."
 
Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike got up and took their places at the dining room table.
 
Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy served Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank, Mike and themselves.
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you."
 
In unison, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy said, "Our pleasure."
 
Then men then took their places at the dining room table.
 
As everybody was seated, they took their first taste of the shrimp pasta, garlic toast and caesar salad.
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Delicious."
 
In unison, Hank and Mike said, "Told you so."
 
There was a little laughter.
 
Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank, Mike, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy raised their wine glasses in a toast.
 
Roy said, "Cheers and happy Sweetest Day."
 
Johnny, Chet and Marco said, "Happy Sweetest Day."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you."
 
The six men and the two women then took sips of their white zinfandel. Everybody then began to dig in.
 
After dinner, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy cleared the dishes. Chet and Marco then sat back down at the dining room table. Johnny and Roy followed, carrying four wrapped bottles.
 
Johnny said, "On Fathers' Day, Roy, Chet, Marco and I gave gifts like these to Hank and Mike."
 
Roy said, "That's right. So when Johnny and I saw them, we immediately thought about Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez. So we bought these gifts for them."
 
Johnny gave two wrapped bottles to Mrs. Kelly. Roy gave the other two wrapped bottles to Mrs. Lopez. The two women opened their Sweetest Day gifts. Mrs. Kelly was surprised to receive a bottle of Creme de Menthe and a bottle of Liqueur Fogg. Mrs. Lopez was surprised to receive a bottle of Grand Marnier and a bottle of Razzmatazz.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "This is wonderful."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Thank you so much."
 
In unison, Johnny and Roy said, "Our pleasure, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez."
 
A few moments later, the six men and the two women were in the living room. Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez had surprises for their sons, as well as Johnny, Roy, Hank and Mike.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "When we saw these we immediately thought about all of you."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "That's right. So we bought them."
 
The two women handed Chet, Marco, Hank, Mike, Johnny and Roy each a wrapped bottle. The six men opened their Sweetest Day gifts. They each were surprised to receive a bottle of white zinfandel.
 
In unison, Johnny, Roy, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you so much, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Our pleasure."
 
The two women remembered they had extra gifts for their sons.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "On Mothers' Day, Chet and Marco gave me and Mrs. Lopez wonderful gifts like these."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "That's right. So when Mrs. Kelly and I saw them, we immediately thought about our sons. So we bought these gifts for them."
 
Mrs. Kelly gave one wrapped bottle to Chet. Mrs. Lopez gave the other wrapped bottle to Marco. The two men opened their Sweetest Day gifts. Chet was surprised to receive a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. Marco was surprised to receive a bottle of Kahlua.
 
Chet said, "This is great."
 
Marco said, "Thank you so much."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Our pleasure."
 
A few moments later, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Lopez, Hank and Mike were thanking Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy for a wonderful day and night.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "This is been a really wonderful Sweetest Day."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "I agree. It's been like Mothers' Day all over again."
 
Hank said, "And Fathers' Day all over again."
 
Mike said, "And all of you helped to make it like a combination of the two."
 
Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy smiled, knowing that made them feel good. The six men and the two women all took turns hugging one another, knowing they were all made happy.
 
 
DONE