Actions

Work Header

Golden Dragon

Summary:

Set about 5 weeks after 'Comfort'. Things are back to normal again. However, everything changes when Mike's highschool sweetheart returns. Consequently, he is drawn into a feud of the Asian underworld. Will Henry and Vicki be able to help him find his way back?

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Title: Golden Dragon
Author: BELOVEDbyWAR
Rating: PG (gen)
TV verse: Blood Ties
Disclaimer: Not mine, not making any money.
AN: Thanks to luvinmike for beta-reading!
Wc: 555

Chapter Text

Golden Dragon :

The door flew open and in strutted an almost too happy-looking Mike Celluci.

“Hey Vic. Fitzroy, nice to see you again.”

Vicki’s eyes immediately narrowed in suspicion.

“Hello to you, too.”

“Detective.”

Mike sat on the couch smiling contently and withdrew the file Vicki had begged him to let her see for the past four days.

“Here.” He held it in front of her nose, but withdrew it just as her fingers were about to grasp it. “But I need it back by tomorrow.”

“I promise.” She made a cross over her heart and looked as innocently as a woman could while greedily staring at something she desperately wanted.

“Alright then. See you tomorrow, Vicki. Henry.” And without further fuss, he strode out again.

The moment the door closed, Vicki dropped the file on her desk and ran to the window.

“Vicki?”Henry asked.

She motioned for him to quickly join her and he arrived just in time to glimpse a dark haired woman sitting in the passenger seat of the blond’s car before it turned the corner.

“I didn’t know Celluci was seeing anyone,” Henry murmured, almost missing the way Vicki’s teeth suddenly clenched.

“He isn’t,” she nearly growled, before marching purposefully to her phone and punching in numbers.

A few moments later her call was answered.

“Hi, Dave. This is Vicki. Say, is Mike still there?... No?... Oh, come on. You can tell me. ….. You don’t say. … Yes, I have seen it. It’s a beauty. …. No, of course, I won’t tell him, if you won’t. … Sure. Bye, Dave.”

Henry grinned, as he listened to the PI expertly manipulating Mike’s partner.

“And?” he asked her the moment she had hung up.

“He left early to go train with a ‘friend’. And he had his Katana with him.”

“Which means?”

“Kim,” she stated disdainfully.

“I’m sorry, who?”

“Mike’s high school sweetheart is back in town.”

“And you concluded all that just from ‘training with a friend’ and a Japanese sword?”

“And the black-haired woman sitting next to him just minutes ago.”

Henry looked at her questioningly.

“Mike quit Kendo when she went to live with her father in Japan. He hasn’t touched that sword since. It was a present from her.”

Ah, that explains a lot, such as why Vicki dislikes Kate so immensely.  It appears that Detective Michael Celluci has a liking for Asian women...

For a moment she looked pensive. Then her facial expression changed to one of total determination.

She grabbed her jacket from her chair before Henry could so much as blink.

“Let’s go.”

“Vicki, I don’t think-“ She stopped and turned on her heel to confront him.

“Either you come along or I go alone.”

Sighing, Henry also grabbed his coat and followed her, thinking that it was better to keep an eye on her when she was in this kind of mood. Of course, it helped that he was not completely disinterested in the reappearance of the cop’s former lover. To be completely honest, he was intrigued by the few minor facts that had just been revealed.

Just before Vicki closed the door, she called over her shoulder:

“Oh, Coreen. Please copy the file on my desk. After that you can go.”

Turning back to him, she inquired:

“Say, Henry, ever been to a dojo before?”  

***

tbc