Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-12-09
Words:
16,689
Chapters:
17/17
Kudos:
20
Hits:
5,071

The Prince's Groom

Summary:

When Prince Jack – lovelorn after the loss of his beloved Ianto - is kidnapped by cunning crook Owen and his sidekicks Rhys the giant and swordswoman Toshiko, he is confident his one true love will come to save him. But is the man in the mask hot on the heels of his captors the Prince Hart, to whom he is now betrothed to, or a mysterious stranger.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:


Rating: PG, come on it’s a classic romance film
Pairing: Jack/Ianto,
Spoilers: Ummm all of Torchwood and The Princess Bride
Disclaimer: I do not own anything from Torchwood or The Princess Bride. I wish. N/B I got the DVD for Christmas

Chapter Text

The Prince’s Groom
by: Wereleopard

 

 

Chapter One

A young boy coughs in bed remote control of his computer in hand as he plays baseball. The door opens and in walks his mother.

“Hi honey.” She says with a smile.

“Hi mom.” He replies softly.

She gives him a kiss on the forehead. “Are you feeling any better?” She asks placing her hand there to find out if he was still hot.

“A little bit.”

“Guess what?” She says with a smile.

“What?”

“You’re grandfather’s here.”

“Mom, can’t you tell him I’m sick?” The boy whines.

“You’re sick, that’s why he’s here.”

“He’ll pinch my cheek. I hate that.”

She smiles at him and sits on the bed. “Maybe he won’t.”

The door opens and in walks his grandfather. “Hey! How’s the sickie? Huh?” Reaching over he pinches his grandson’s cheek who in turn glares at his mother.

She sighs and gets up off the bed. “I think I’ll leave you two pals alone.”

“I brought you a special present..” He said holding it out to his grandson.

“What is it?” He asked excitedly.

“Open it up.” He tells his grandson.

The young boy peels away the paper and frowns. He looks up at his grandfather.

“A book?” He asks.

“That’s right. When I was your age television was called books and this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick and I use to read it to your father and today I’m going to read it to you.” He sits down getting comfortable.

The boy sighs. “Is there any sports in it?” He asks hopefully.

“Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles.” He said waving his hands.

The young boy switches of the TV. “Doesn’t sound too bad. I’ll try and stay awake.”

“Well, thank you very much. Very nice of you.” The old man says as he takes of his hat. He pulls out his glasses and opens the book. “Your vote of confidence is overwhelming. All right, ‘The Prince’s Groom’ By S Morgenstern. Chapter One. Ianto was raised on a small farm in the country of Florin. His favourite pastimes were riding his horse and tormenting the farm boy that worked there. His name was Ianto but he never called him that. Isn’t’ that a wonderful beginning?”

“Yeah, it’s really good.” The grandson replied his voice bored.

“Nothing gave Jack as much pleasure as ordering Ianto around.

XXXXX

“Farm boy, polish my horse’s saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.” Jack ordered.

“As you wish.” Ianto replied and nodded.

Jack looked at him briefly, turned around and walked off towards the small house.

XXXXX

“As you wish was all he ever said to him.” The grandfather said.

XXXXX

Ianto was outside chopping wood when Jack walked across to him with two buckets.

“Farm boy fill these with water.” Jack stared at Ianto for a moment. “Please.” He replies softly.

“As you wish.” Ianto replies gazing into Jack’s eyes.

Jack looked down and walked away.

XXXXX

“That day he was amazed to discover that when he was saying ‘As you wish’, what he meant was I love you and even more amazing was the say he realised that he truly loved him back.” Grandfather read.

XXXXX

Jack was in the kitchen when Ianto walked in with wood for the fire. He turned to walk back out when Jack turned to him.

“Farm boy!” Ianto turned to him. Jack looked around for anything to make the young man stay longer in the kitchen. Looking up he spotted something. “Fetch me that pitcher.”

Ianto slowly walked towards him, once there, he reached over Jack’s shoulder and grabbing hold of the pitcher. “As you wish.” He whispered.

Jack stared into his eyes and smiled.

XXXXX

They stood holding each other as the sunset behind them their heads moving closer and closer together. Their lips almost touching.

XXXXX

“Hold it, hold it.” The grandson said suddenly. “What is this? Are you trying to trick me? And where are the sports?” He glared at his grandfather. “Is this a kissing book?”

The grandfather raised his hand. “Wait, just wait.”

“When does it get good?”

“Keep your shirt on let me read.” He looked down at the book. “Ianto had no money for marriage so he packed his few belongings and left the farm to seek his fortune across the sea. It was a very emotional time for Jack.”

“I don’t believe this.” The grandson whined.

XXXXX

Ianto wrapped his arms around Jack.

“I fear I’ll never see you again.” Jack whispered.

“Of course you will.” Ianto replied.

“But what if something happens to you?”

Ianto pulls way and gazes deeply into Jack’s eyes. “Hear this now. I will always come for you”

Tears clouded Jack’s vision. “But how can you be sure?”

Ianto stroked Jack’s cheek. “This is true love. Do you think this happens every day?”

Ianto smiles softly at him, it isn’t long before one graces Jack’s face as well. The lean towards each other and kiss passionately for they didn’t know when they would see each other again.

XXXXX

“Ianto didn’t reach his destination his ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts who never left captives alive. When Jack got the news that Ianto was murdered….”

“Murdered by pirates is good!” The grandson said with a smile.

“He went into his room and shut the door and for days he neither slept nor ate.”

XXXXX

“I will never love again.” Jack said to himself, his heart felt as if it had been ripped from his chest. His eyes red from crying.

XXXXX

“Five years later, the main square of Florin city was filled as never before to hear the announcement of the great Prince Hart’s husband-to-be.” Grandfather said.

XXXXX

The crowds were surrounding the balcony of the castle, the fanfare started and they all looked up to the balcony and out walked Prince Hart standing between Gwen, his loyal assistant and his parents.

“My people a month from now, our country will have its 500th anniversary. On that sundown, I shall marry a man who was once a commoner like yourselves. But perhaps you will not find him common now. Would you like to meet him?” Prince Hart called out.

“Yes.” The crowd shouted.

“My people, Prince Jack.”

The fanfare started and everyone turned to the large archway in which stood Jack. Slowly he walked out and everyone went to one knee.

XXXXX

“Jack’s emptiness consumed him. Although the law of the land gave Hart the right to choose who he married he did not love him. Despite Hart’s reassurance that he would grow to love him the only joy she found was in her daily ride” Grandfather said softly.

XXXXX

“A word my lord.” A man said politely. “We are poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village near by?”

Jack sat astride his horse and looked down at them. “There is nothing nearby and not for miles.”

“Then there will be no-one to hear you scream.” The man said as one of his companions, a very large man walked over to him.

 

end part 1