Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
678
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,687

Love Found

Summary:

Thanks to the Doctor Jack gets what he's been missing.

Work Text:

                                                              LoveFound    

                                                                  ByCrow     

    my on-line shop: http://www.cafepress.com/1crowsdesigns                                                                                       

 

****

      Jack stepped close to Ianto and slowly raised his left hand and gently brushed Ianto's cheekbone with the back of his fingers. He couldn't believe his eyes but his skin corroborated what his eyes had told him. This really was HIS Ianto standing before him.

 

    Jack pulled his misting blue eyes away reluctantly from the love he'd thought he'd never see again and locked them onto The Doctor. He managed to swallow the lump in his throat and took a deep breath before speaking.

 

   "How?"

 

   "Ianto was affected by his ...very close contact... with you Jack. I think between his nearly constant exposure to the rift and prolonged and intense contact with you altered him. I went to see him after I heard what happened and arrived just after you and Gwen left him to finish cleaning up the mess and my sonic screwdriver started getting strange readings. Then Ianto drew a breath." The Doctor looked at Jack with a gently affectionate smile. "If any one can handle you for a very very long time it's Ianto. You belong together. With you, is the only place he wants to be. So I brought him Home."

 

    Jack allowed his eyes to slide back to the loving pale blue that had captured his heart and nearly wept.

 

 

     "You’re real Ian. Your here. I wanted to die with you. I wanted to rip the world apart to get you back."

 

 

    Ianto had watched and listened as the two older men spoke. He'd heard the anguish in Jack and the concern in The Doctor. He'd remembered death dragging him away from his Captain and how tired he had grown even as every fiber of his soul had fought to stay with the man he loved.

 

 

 Ianto remembered the look in Jack's eyes that day as he lay looking up at him with every breath sending daggers of pain shooting through him and a treacherous black coldness stealing the heat from his body.

 

 

    He'd looked into Jack's eyes and seen the thousands of souls Jack's had to hold as they passed from their mortal coil. He saw and heard the pleading not to leave him, not to rip another large piece of Jack's already severely damaged heart. He'd seen the love begging for its mate, and something had heard both their souls pleas, something had returned him to where he belonged. Back to his Jack. Ianto waited till Jack's eyes found him again then he stepped close till their bodies were pressed together as firmly as they could be with clothes still on and whispered to Jack.

 

 

    "I'm here Jack. I'm real. I won’t leave you again. I love you with all that I am."

 

 

      Jack sobbed and clenched Ianto to him. His arms wrapped around his Welshman till breathing was difficult. He inhaled the sent of the other man and memorized every inch of his lover's face. Then slowly he leaned in to covetously taste the lips that he had discovered he couldn't truly live without.

 

 

    The Doctor watched as the lover's reconfirmed their connection and reassured each other that each drew breaths and would continue to do so. He watched as Jack re-staked his claim on the young Welshman and allowed a smile to creep onto his face. He'd never admit it to Jack but he loved the man, though not in the way Jack had once hoped, and now his own world was perfect again because a vital piece of his chosen family had the other part of his soul back and The Doctor couldn't see him ever letting go.

 

 

    As he left the oblivious couple to their reunion and headed back to his Tardis, The Doctor couldn't help but to think of the future and what a wonderful place it would be.

 

 

   *I will have to take Jack and Ianto on an adventure. It would be a blast to spend time with them together.* The Doctor thought as he set the controls and began his next adventure. 

 

The End.