Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
613
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,138

Mothers' Day

Summary:

Chet and Marco surprise their mothers with a special Mothers' Day brunch.

Work Text:


Mothers' Day
by Lynneste
 
  
Mothers' Day started out like any day. Chet Kelly, Marco Lopez and their mothers attended church mass. Afterwards, the two men wanted to surprise their mothers.
 
Chet said, "Mom, Marco and I have something planned for you and Mrs. Lopez."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "Really. We can't wait to find out what it is."
 
Marco said, "Let's all go home. There, Chet and I could make something special for Mothers' Day brunch."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "I have a feeling it would be wonderful."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "Let's bring our sons back to our place. There we can have our special Mothers' Day brunch."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "That's a great idea."
 
Later, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were at their ranch bungalow with Chet and Marco in tow. The two men were in the kitchen, preparing an Irish-Mexican brunch. Their mothers were in the living room, relaxing.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "Our sons are so wonderful. They also have great company with their friends."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "You're so right about that. They all do their community right in their own unique fashion. We're proud of them for all of that."
 
"We sure are, dear. We're also proud of them serving Los Angeles County."
 
"That's right, darling. Our brunch will be ready soon. So let's listen for when it's time."
 
From the kitchen, Marco called, "Brunch is ready. Come to the table."
 
Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez got up and went to sit at the dining room table. Chet and Marco served their mothers and themselves mimosas.
 
"Thank you, sweetie." "Thank you, honey." The two women simultaneously thanked their sons.
 
"Our pleasure," said Chet and Marco, in unison.
 
The two men then went to get their mothers' brunch. A couple seconds later, they came out, carrying plates of food. The two men served their mothers and themselves, and then sat down to brunch.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "This looks wonderful."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Absolutely marvelous."
 
The two women and their sons took their first taste.
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Delicious."
 
They and their sons then raised their champagne flutes.
 
Chet said, "Cheers and happy Mothers' Day."
 
Marco said, "Happy Mothers' Day."
 
In unison, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez said, "Thank you."
 
The two men and their mothers clinked their champagne flutes and took a sip of their mimosas. Chet, Marco and their mothers then began to dig in.
 
After brunch, Chet and Marco received praise from their mothers.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "You both did a fantastic job."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Well done."
 
Chet and Marco felt good and smiled. The two men got up and cleared the dishes. After they came out of the kitchen, they sat back down at the dining room table. They also brought two wrapped bottles.
 
Chet said, "Marco and I selected these gifts for you."
 
Marco said, "That's right. When Chet and I saw them, we immediately thought about you."
 
Chet gave one wrapped bottle to his mother. Marco gave the other wrapped bottle to his mother. Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez opened their Mothers' Day gifts, and were surprised. Mrs. Kelly got a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. Mrs. Lopez got a bottle of Kahlua. The two women thanked their sons and hugged them. Chet and Marco suggested the gifts be saved for later that night. Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez agreed.
 
That night, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were in their living room with Chet and Marco.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "You don't know how wonderful today has been."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "It's been a wonderful Mothers' Day."
 
In unison, the two women said, "And both of you made it that way."
 
Chet and Marco felt good and smiled. The two men hugged their mothers, knowing they made them happy.
 
 
DONE