Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-01-09
Words:
1,679
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,506

Guns and Guitars

Summary:

Hiro learns that there is more to the crazy American K than his impressive arsenal.  

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: R&R

Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Text


Hiroshi scowled at the phone as if it personally were to blame for his current situation.  "All alone on a Saturday night,  I can't believe it!"

"Huh?  Why are you alone?"

He jumped as something cold and hard jabbed him in the back and K's jaunty voice hit his ears.  "Dammit, stop  doing that!"  He spun around pushing the barrel of the revolver away from him.  "What is it with you and guns anyway?"

"You have your guitars, I have my guns."  He laughed easily with no more than a hint of the manic edge that usually laced his voice.

"Guitars don't usually scare the crap out of people."

"Oh yeah?  What about that time Shuichi tried to play Ironman on one and broke three strings?"

"Hmm, point taken."

"So why are you alone tonight?"

"Well, I got dumped by Ayaka in a lovely answering machine message, Shuichi and Yuki are going to a movie and three's a crowd and everyone else I know is either paired up or too wrapped up in themselves to have time for me."

"Ah feeling sorry for yourself, then?"

Hiro's scowl returned and he had to resist punching the cheerful American right in the nose.   "Nevermind."

"Don't sulk, kiddo.  Grab your coat.  I'm heading for a little R&R myself.  I'll buy you a beer."

Hiro perked up at that, "seriously?"

"Yeah, I'm not paired up as you put it and you may have my undivided attention tonight."

Hiro paused at that wondering if K's undivided attention was a good thing then shrugged slinging his leather bomber jacket over his shoulder and falling in beside the older man as he strode purposefully through the glass doors of the studio toward the parking garage.  His eyes widened as the reached the director's car.  It was a long, lean, bright red corvette.

"You like her?"  The sly grin was infectuous lifting his spirits from the vicinity of his shoelaces where they had been for the last few weeks.

"It suits you."

He laughed loudly opening the door for Hiro before going around and sliding in behind the steering wheel.  He laughed again as it bawled a tire pulling out and Hiro joined in with a low chuckle.

The night turned out to be a real eye opener.  The blond American relaxed as hard and fast and passionately as he worked.  They closed three clubs, danced themselves to the point of exhaustion, drank enough beer and booze for six people, and consumed a ton of appetizers and snacks.  Hiro discovered that K was open and honest and totally shameless. He did not  need to flirt, girls and guys both seemed to fling themselves at him and at Hiro since he was with him.  Anytime it looked like someone might recognize the guitarist from Bad Luck, he diverted them and got them clear with uncanny skill.  At five in the morning, they found themselves standing at the parking garage gate laughing madly because they were both too drunk to remember where they parked.

"I live close, we'll walk to my place."  K punched him in the shoulder playfully.  "Let's go."

"Ow, I can't walk, the sidewalk keeps moving."

"That's you, goofy!"  He laughed madly.

"Oh!  Yeah, right!"  Hiro laughed too and leaned heavily against K's broad chest.  "Carry me."

"You sound like Shuichi now."

He did an incredible imitation of his best friend clasping his hands in front of him and gazing up with huge puppy dog eyes, "please, please, please, please, please, please, please!"

K had to sit down he was laughing so hard.  Hiro tumbled forward into his lap giggling madly.  "We are so drunk."  

"You have a point there.  You must be pretty smart."  K stood up lifting Hiro like he weighed nothing and setting out toward his apartment.

Hiro awoke to sunlight splashing through the window and falling across his face.  He was wearing his t-shirt and underwear and laying in an absolutely enormous bed.  The mattress was firm and the sheets high quality cotton, the blankets were soft and warm and smelled of some spring scented fabric softner.  Birds sang outside the large window with white lace curtains that flapped lazily in a slight breeze.  The air was warm and smelled of flowers, lilac maybe, or freesia, something like that, he was not sure which and cordite.

"Cordite?"  He sat up in bed and wished he had not. His head spun and his stomach lurched.  "Lay here or go puke, lay here or go puke, lay here or..."  He paled, "bathroom, must find bathroom!"

Fortunately, the first door he tried was the master bath.    He was still kneeling before the porcelin god when a hatefully chipper voice spoke from behind.

"How bad is it?"  

A hand gathered his hair back from his face and held it out of the way as another wave of retching tore through him setting his head to pounding like a jackhammer.  He groaned but bravely tried to shake it off.

"Shh, get it all out, Hiro.  You'll feel better soon."

A large hand rubbed soothing circles on his back.  When he was certain it was over, he sat back slumping against K and not caring if it was appropriate or not.  "Remind me never to do that again."  A chuckle vibrated against his back.