Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-12-31
Words:
1,615
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
2,172

Getting Used To You

Summary:

My take on why maybe Abby started to get used to Tony when he first got to NCIS.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: We all know that Abby didn’t like Tony when he first got there and she said that she had to get used to him. This is my take on maybe why she started to like him and got used to Tony.

Getting Used To You

Tony DiNozzo walked into the bullpen and sat down at his desk. It had been two weeks since he had been with NCIS and he was still getting used to it. He liked working here and working for Gibbs. He looked up as Gibbs stepped out of the elevator and walked towards his desk and sat down.

“DiNozzo go down to Abby’s lab and get yesterday’s results.”

“Boss, do you think that’s wise. Abby doesn’t like me.”

“Does it look like this is a debate, DiNozzo? Go get the results, but go get a Caf Pow before you do.”

Tony stood in line to pay for the Caf Pow that he just filled up. He hoped that this would be a peace offering to the Goth Forensic Scientist. He actually liked her, but she for some reason didn’t like him. He paid for the drink then made his way towards Abby’s lab. As he was getting nearer he couldn’t hear any of the music that she so fondly listened to. He thought that she wasn’t there and he jumped a little when his phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and answered it.

“DiNozzo.”

“Hello, Anthony.”

“How did you get this number?”

“You know I have a lot of money, Anthony. I pay people a lot of money to do things for me.”

“Don’t I know it, father. You paid the people to keep quite that you hit me, or you broke my arm. You couldn’t have the wrong people know that you abused your own son. What do you want?”

“What? I can’t talk to my own son? Or want to see him face to face?”

“I’m no longer your son. Remember you disowned me. Told me that I was worthless and I’d end up in the gutter and no son of mine was that weak. Remember that father? Or did you forget?”

“Listen you worthless brat.”

“Stop. I’m not worthless. I am a federal agent. If I was worthless do you think they would have given me this job? If you continue to verbal abuse me I’m going to hang up.”

“I want to see you.”

“No. I don’t want to see you ever again. According to you, you no longer have a son and I no longer have a father. Which is fine by me. I’ve been doing well since I was twelve when you threw me out of the house and washed your hands of me and disowned me. I never want to see you again, so goodbye, Mr. DiNozzo.” He hung up the phone and looked at it. He shook his head.

He walked into the lab not expecting anybody there and he stopped when he saw Abby standing at her computer with headphones on. He hoped that she didn’t hear his conversation with his father. He walked over to the table and sat the Caf Pow down. Abby then took off her headphones and looked at the Caf Pow and then up at him. Either she was really good at hiding that she had heard him, or she never heard the conversation that he just had.

“I need the results of yesterday’s test, Abby.”

Abby reached towards the folder that she had laying on the table and handed them to Tony. He took them from her and then walked out of the lab.

-----

Abby plugged in the headphones into the computer and turned on her music. She was about to put them on her head when she heard the elevator ding. She hoped that it wasn’t Tony coming down to the lab. She wasn’t really too sure of him yet. She wasn’t sure that she liked him, or not. She heard the phone ring and heard Tony’s voice answer. She listened and wondered whom he was talking to and then stared in shock as she heard him say the word father and then she heard that his father used to abuse him. She felt sorry for him. She heard him say that he was disowned at twelve and thrown out of the house. How could a father do that to his own child? How can a father abuse their child and then throw them away? She shook her head at what Tony went through as a child. She heard him say goodbye Mr. DiNozzo and hurriedly put on the headphones, so he wouldn’t know that she had been listening. She was an excellent poker player and knew how to hide her facial expressions. She was typing away at her computer and glanced at the Caf Pow when it was on the table and she took off the headphones. She gave Tony the test results that she had done yesterday and watched him walk away. She vowed to be nicer to Tony in the future now that she knew what had happened to him as a child.