Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of 12 Days of XMas 2009
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
710
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,912

A Happy Christmas

Summary:

A happy Christmas

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


A Happy Christmas
by nancy

Ianto looked around at the many boxes under the tree that Jack had insisted on getting and frowned. There were a lot of them. Too many. He knew that Jack was still overprotective since his resurrection and prone to spoiling him, but this was truly going too far. He'd counted thirty boxes of varying sizes, which was about twenty-seven too many, possibly twenty-nine.

"I know what you're going to say and I'm not taking anything back," Jack announced from behind.

Strong arms surrounded him and Jack's chin rested on his shoulder. Sighing, Ianto told him, "It's too much, Jack. Far too much."

Jack kissed his neck and said simply, "You deserve more."

Ianto turned in his arms and put his over Jack's shoulder, staring into pale eyes that looked on him with open love, something he'd never thought to see. "Having you, like this, is more than enough."

Jack shook his head, a sparkle of mischief in those blue eyes. "Au contraire, my love, but you won't let me drape you in jewels, so this is the next best thing. Trust me. Have a seat and start opening them."

The small grin was enough to set off Ianto's internal alarms and he reminded, "We have to be at Gwen and Rhys' for lunch and then Rhian's tonight for dinner or she'll skin you alive. And the children would help."

Jack kissed him briefly and then held up his hands, solemn expression belied by the twinkle that remained in his eyes.

Ianto snorted and moved to sit on the sofa, picking up the nearest package. Jack sat beside him, sprawled really, and just watched. Rolling his eyes at his indolent lover, Ianto opened the paper and ribbon, still disbelieving that Jack had done old-fashioned ribbons on his own no matter what the man's claims were. Inside the box was a gorgeous silk tie, a deep, slate blue that made him itch to put it on immediately. Beaming at Jack, he exclaimed, "It's perfect! Thank you, Jack."

Jack just grinned and handed him another box…which held another silk tie, this one in rich burgundy. After the fifth box turned out to have yet another silk tie, Ianto began to smell a rat and pinned his lover with a pointed look as he demanded, "Are they all ties? What on earth are you up to, Jack Harkness?"

Jack's grin upped a notch, but he just handed another box over.

When all was said and done, Ianto was the proud owner of twenty-seven new silk ties and three gorgeous mahogany tie racks. Laughing despite himself, Ianto shook his head and told his lover, "You are insane, you do realize that, right?"

Jack drew him in close and then pulled him onto his lap, making Ianto squawk at the sudden, sneaky maneuver. Jack silenced his protests with a long, sweet kiss that just about melted Ianto to his socks. Leaning back against the sofa cushion, Jack twined their fingers together and said, "They are multi-purpose ties, you do realize that, right?"

The eyebrow wriggle was enough to let Ianto know exactly to what use Jack expected to put his new ties to and Ianto said firmly, "Absolutely not. I refuse to allow such finery to go to waste being tied into knots on the bed, as opposed to my neck."

Jack smirked and teased, "Kinky, Ianto! I didn't know you had it in you!"

"Oh for Heaven's sake, Jack," Ianto complained without any heat. He couldn't restrain a grin any longer, but insisted, "The old ties only for such depravity, understood?"

"Scout's honor," Jack promised.

Ianto shook his head fondly and said, "Time to be off."

Jack stole another kiss before letting him up. They gathered up the presents for family and friends into a large sack and then headed out into the cold damp of a Cardiff morning. The sky was clear and the sun startlingly bright, if lacking in heat. Lifting his face to the sky, Ianto closed his eyes and sent up a prayer of thanks both to God and the Doctor for his second chance at life.

It was, indeed, a very happy Christmas. The first of many to come, Ianto could only hope.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: