Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of 12 Days of XMas 2009
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
736
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,744

Unforseen Circumstances

Summary:

On the other hand, Don shouldn't have been working the day before Christmas.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Unforseen Circumstances
by nancy

"Just once," Tim muttered to himself, "just once, I would like to not wind up at the hospital on a major holiday."

Don winced at the extreme irritation in his lover's voice. Not that he blamed Timmy in the least. He couldn't have anticipated that woman coming after him with a nine iron or that she'd be surprisingly strong and accurate clubbing him over the head with it. On the other hand, he shouldn't have been working the day before Christmas Eve, either.

His arm throbbed in its sling from where he'd thrown it up to protect his face and his head did the same from where the end of the club had struck. Figuring that discretion was definitely the better part of valor in this case, Don did his best to look as pitiful as possible on the walk to the car. It wasn't hard to do, since he really did feel like crap.

Tim glanced over at him and rolled his eyes. "You can stop with the puppy dog eyes because you're still getting coal in your stocking this year."

"And I completely deserve it," Don agreed readily.

Opening the door for him, Tim stated snippily, "Yes, you do."

Of course, the good news was that if Kenny had done as ordered while Tim had come to pick him up, Don might not be in the dog house for quite as long as expected. The ride back to the house was silent other than the relentlessly cheerful holiday carols. Don suspected that his lover turned them on, and up, to torture him but didn't complain.

Tim helped him out of the car, which was good because Don got dizzy when he stood up and swayed unsteadily. Strong arms wrapped around his waist and Tim murmured, "I've got you, love, just lean on me and we'll have you in bed in no time."

Don smiled at him and said, "I don't deserve you."

A smile twitched briefly over Tim's mouth and he confirmed, "No, you don't. Come inside now."

Don let the other man lead him inside and smiled in satisfaction at his lover's gasp of surprise. "I had actually planned to have Kenny do it while we were at dinner, so when that went out the window, I figured I should have him do it while you were picking me up."

In place of their old furniture was a whole new set of supple leather sofa, loveseat and a double recliner. Don had watched Timmy drool over the set when they'd been window shopping at the mall in October. That had given him enough time to make a lay-away type deal with the shop owner, though he'd paid extra to have it delivered on Christmas. Not to mention that he was sure there would be even more extra that he'd wind up paying after Kenny got through with him.

"Oh, Donald!" Timmy gasped, looking at him with wide eyes. "How on earth…no, baby, we can't afford…"

Don put his fingers over Timmy's mouth and said, "Bought and paid for. I know how to take care of my man."

Timmy laughed softly, that warm, loving laugh that went right through Don even after seven years. "You do."

Kissing the smile and just about tasting the love, Don hugged him with one arm and then said, "I love you, Timmy, Merry Christmas."

"I'm still annoyed with you," Timmy countered, but there was a twinkle in his pale eyes as he continued, "but I'll resume the punishment after the holidays. Now. Bed for you."

Don let Timmy guide him upstairs, leaning on his lover and feeling content in the home and love that he'd somehow been lucky enough to land as his own. Once upon a time, Don had thought to be alone and aching with pain forever. Timmy had changed that and he'd do everything he could to make the other man happy.

Tugging him down as he sat on the bed, Don asked, "Stretch out with me?"

"Of course," Timmy agreed.

Timmy carefully pulled Don into his arms, providing a safe, loving haven. Kissing the top of Don's head, he said, "I love you too, Donald. Merry Christmas."

Smiling, Don yawned as the painkillers abruptly took hold. Even battered and bruised from an angry followee, Don slid down into sleep, perfectly happy with how his life had turned out.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: