Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
193
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
877

To Thy Kingdom comes Chane

Summary:

AU- The Kingdom of gotham is rotten to the core. Can chance meetings between the upper and lower classes help bring the change it needs?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Gotham seemed like a wonderful kingdom.

 

It's palaces were bright and always had new entertainment for the lords and ladies of the manor.

 

The roads were cobblestone and kept clean and every week the market place was full of stalls for fruits and vegetables, clothes toys and other things that could be made and sold.

 

Yes Gotham was a wonderful kingdom.

On the surface.

Underneath the clean streets and the bright palaces there were less pleasant things.

The knight who were charged with keeping order had been lording their powers over the peasants.

 

Young peasants were taken from their homes and made to serve the households of those with higher rank

Peasants Men who were innocent of crimes were jailed while guilty men of higher rank were allowed to walk free because their rank and money.

 

Peasants starved while nobles feasted and threw remains to the dogs without thought

Peasants worked from sun up to sun down while nobles had regular balls and slept until the sun was high in the sky.

 

Gotham was a kingdom that needed change.

 

And the change needed to come soon

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Hidden Empress.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.