Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-12-13
Words:
17,052
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
3,202

The Gods Rained Down

Summary:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

A follow on from my Hercverse.  The Gods of Olympus are not pleased when their decendents are cursed.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Following on from my other Hercverse fics the Gods of Olympus rescue their heirs from the abuse of the Powers that Be.

Please remember that as I am British so is my spelling so dont bother complaining.

Chapter Text

The rain was falling hard; after a crappy day at work getting soaked through was not improving Xander Harris’s mood.  His mood summed up his general feelings about Sunnydale.  The day he had had summed up his life in this back water town; basically life sucked and considering that this was vamp central that could be literally.  He hated his parents, his father would often use him as a punching bag and all his lousy mother would say was ‘take it like a man’.  Since meeting Xander Giles had been more of a father than the man who had slept with his mom.  Whenever Xander thought of Giles his thoughts turned to the Slayer; as Xander had grown up he began to see just how shallow she really was.  Everything was about her, she didn’t care about the rest of the Scooby gang or the contribution they made.  Oh she gave them lip service sure but he could tell that she didn’t really mean it.

As Xander turned into his street he saw the lights were on in the flat he shared with Spike, another victim of Slutty the Vampire Layer as his friend called her.  To begin with Xander was caught up in the anti-Spike tirade from Buffy; it was only after Xander had kept Spike at his house that his attitude had changed.  Over the months since then they had become very close friends.  Xander got to see a very private side of Spike.  Now they were as close as Xander had wanted to be with a brother; not that he would wish his crappy parents on any other being.

Inside the flat Spike was heating some pizzas in the microwave.  Knowing Xander would be wet and grouchy Spike put the kettle on for some fresh coffee.

Xander opened his front door and was welcomed in by the warm air.  “Hey Spike, I got some DVD’s to watch. You ever seen ‘Bones’?”

Spike looked up, “No, and go and get changed, you’re dripping all over the damn carpet.”  Xander just laughed and replied, “God you sound like a bored housewife.”  Before Spike could reply Xander had gone into his room to get changed.  A few moments later he came out bare footed wearing some jogging pants and a t-shirt.

Xander got the DVD ready and got comfortable as Spike brought over the beers, coffee and, of course, the pizza. Once his blond friend had gotten comfortable Xander pressed play.  Spike’s reaction was just as Xander had expected.  When he saw the DVD’s on sale Xander couldn’t resist indulging in fantasies about Angel.

Spike turned to Xander, “What the fuck is this, when did Peaches become an actor and a fit one at that.” 

Xander glared at Spike, “What do you mean by that, have you ever been with Angel?”

Turning to his friend Spike raised an eyebrow at the jealous tone of his friend, “Easy there Xanpet, something you want to tell me?” 

Xander blushed, “Well I have to admit he is pleasing to the eye.”

Taking pity on his friend Spike replied, “Don’t worry Xan, there is nothing between us, but yer we have slept with each other.  You have to remember that Vampires are not as limiting in their choice of partner as you living folks, besides I know he loves someone.” 

Hearing those words a small part of Xander's heart wanted to die, after all why would someone like Angel want him.  Seeing the look on Xander's face Spike continued, “Despite what Slutty thinks me and Angel get on great, before he left he told me that the only reason he was going was he couldn’t stand to be around you when he thought you hated him, its you he’s carrying a torch for.  He still does, we stay in touch.  How about we go and visit?”

Xander couldn’t believe what he had just heard; he knew Spike wouldn’t lie to him about this.  Angel, it would seem, returned Xander’s feelings.  Looking up at Spike Xander replied “How about we go this weekend.”  The two friends spent the rest of the night making rude and lewd comments about the characters in the TV show, especially the male lead which had led to these revelations.

***

The following morning Riley was walking to the main quad to meet Buffy; he arrived at the agreed on time, but yet again Buffy turned up when she wanted.  Riley knew that a relationship shouldn’t be as difficult as this one; everything was based on what Buffy wanted when she wanted it.  Riley’s thoughts were disturbed when he heard his name called out, “Riley Finn, how the heck are you doing?”  He looked up to see an old friend from elementary school, jumping up Riley grabbed his friend in a hug “Annabel, its great to see you.”  The two friends chatted happily until Buffy stormed over, “So this is what you do when I’m not about, start chatting to any slut you see.”

Riley stood up, the anger evident in his expression, “Who the hell do you think you’re talking to, Annabel is a friend I haven’t seen in years.  If you had bothered to put you brain in gear before you shot your mouth off I would have told you that.”  The volume of Riley’s voice had begun to attract a crowd of people, many of whom were enjoying the chance to see the self-inflated ego of Buffy Summers shot down.  Riley continued with his rant, “Here is a news flash Ms. Summers, you are not the centre of the universe.  We are through.  What the fuck was I thinking sleeping with you, a fucking corpse would have been better in bed.”  Riley turned round and stormed off followed by Annabel.  Buffy just stood there in shock; no one ever spoke to her like that.  The crowed around her burst out laughing.

After having lunch with Annabel Riley was still angry about what Buffy had said.  He started to walk to work off some of his anger not paying attention to where he was going.  Riley didn’t notice where he was, he had walked into the first bar he saw in desperate need of a drink.  Unknown to Riley the bar he had entered was Asteroth’s, as he entered an air of silence fell across the bar.  Xander and Spike were regulars to the bar; once Xander had stopped blindly accepting what Buffy thought of demons he had began to get a better understanding of them and they had begun to accept him; plus the fact that he came in with Spike didn’t hurt things either.  Xander looked up to see the cause for the change in atmosphere, upon seeing it he rushed over.  “Riley, what the hell are you doing here?”

Riley glared “What the fuck has it got to do with you, I have had enough of Buffy, I don’t need you starting as well.”

Xander sighed; yet another person Buffy has screwed over, “Easy Riley, I’m a friend.  Why don’t you join us, maybe then we can set up a support group or something, and it would also protect you in a demon bar.”  Riley blinked and didn’t resist when Xander took his arm and started tugging.  Xander led Riley over to Spike who looked up shocked.  Spike smirked, “Hey Farm boy, how’s it going.”  Riley looked shocked as Xander clenched his fist and punched the vampire in the arm before he thought of a reply, “Could be better Blondie, say is that Just for Men or are you a natural blond?” Xander’s personality did wonders to lighten Riley’s mood.  Xander burst out laughing.  With the ice broken the three men began the first meeting of the Anti-Buffy Support Group though they were thinking about renaming it Buffy Haters Anonymous.  Who knew how many more members they would acquire?

Whilst at the bar getting another round of drinks, Xander got into an argument with one of his friends from the Morath Clan; after agreeing to a drinking challenge Xander dragged Riley and Spike over.

Riley couldn’t believe the atmosphere in a demon bar and the fun he was having; when he thought about it, he was disgusted with the fact that he had allowed Buffy to manipulate him for so long.  He was certainly seeing a different side to Spike; he could also see the close friendship between Xander and Spike. “Hey Xander, is there something going on between you and Blondie?”  Xander spat out the mouthful of beer at the question, “Ewwww Riley, that’s gross, Spike is like a brother, why do you have a thing for him?”  Xander laughed at the blush on Riley’s face.

The drinking competition was a draw, however Xander could hardly stand.  Spike and Riley picked Xander up to walk him home, the Morath Clan were going with them to protect their friend.  Once they reached Xander’s and Spike’s apartment the clan left.  Spike and Riley dropped Xander on his bed stripping him down to his boxers and pulling the covers over him.  They then went to sit on the sofa.  Riley took the bottle of beer that was offered to him, “I really needed tonight, I can’t believe that bitch.”  Riley explained to Spike what had happened.

With a rueful smile Spike replied, “Welcome to the club, she is like a black widow, she draws you in until she is finished with you; she did the same to Angel and me, he left, but that was more to do with him thinking Xan hated him.”  Before Spike could continue Riley interrupted, “What’s the deal with Angel and you and Xander?” 

Taking a swig of beer Spike did his best to explain, “Well Angel is my Sire, he turned me.  We had a buddy fuck thing going on, but nothing has happened recently since he knows me and Xan are friends and no me and Xander have never done anything.”  Riley put his beer down, “Good” he announced as he leant forward and kissed the Blond.

Spike pulled back in shock, “What are you doing, this some kind of rebound thing?”  Spike was surprised to see the look of hurt on Riley’s face as he replied, “No, it’s not, I haven’t been with a guy since Graham in boot camp. Tonight I have seen big difference from what Slutty, as you call her, led us to believe.  Besides even when I thought you were what Buffy said I thought you had the better ass.”

With a smile Spike leant forward and kissed Riley, “Come on pet lets go.”  Spike led Riley into his bedroom, pushing the door shut with his foot Spike began to strip the ex-soldier until he was standing in just a pair of tight boxer briefs. Breaking off from his kiss Spike said with a smirk, “They sure do make them big down on the farm.”  Pulling the briefs down, releasing the weeping hardness, Spike turned them around and slowly pushed Riley back onto the bed.  Spike slowly leaned down and kissed Riley passionately as he wrapped his hand around his cock and began to work it slowly in his hand.  Spike was determined to make the night as pleasurable as he could, using all the passionate techniques Angel had taught him over the years.  The human would learn the benefits of having a partner that didn’t need to breathe.

The following morning Riley slowly opened his eyes, he felt cool arms wrapped tightly around his was waist with a hard cock resting in between his pert cheeks.  Pulling them closer to his chest and kissing the back of the hand caused the sleeping person to murmur.  Riley’s world had been turned upside down, for months he had been in a loveless relationship, then last night he had met up with Spike and Xander, his eyes were opened even further if he was honest with himself, how the hell had he allowed himself to be fooled by that bitch, he was disturbed by the cool lips kissing the back of his neck, turning onto his back Riley pulled the blond vampire on top of him and returned the kiss.  Riley looked into the piercing blue eyes, “Thanks for last night; I hope it wasn’t just for the one night.”

With a slow, passionate kiss Spike replied, “Hell no, I am too old for one night stands, just don’t be shocked when Xan gives you the shovel talk. Now come on you big lug, get out of bed.”  Spike got out of bed naked and walked over to his underwear drawer to get a fresh pair of shorts. 

With Riley following him Spike went to the kitchen to start some coffee for his sleeping friend, with the kettle on Riley walked behind Spike and wrapped his arms around Spike, turning him around so that he could kiss him, the passionate embrace was disturbed by an intruder, “Geeze guys, do you have the flaunt it, get a room already.”  Spike laughed, “Ahh you’re so cheery in the morning.”

After a pot of coffee Xander was starting to feel more awake, over breakfast the three friends discussed their plans. Riley was going to go with them to LA; none of the friends had any reason to remain in Sunnydale.  All they had to do was get their things together.

High above the streets of Sunnydale on the Astral plane Joxer leant back against the hard muscled chest of his lover Ares, God of War. They were sitting near the stream in the Royal Gardens of Corinth, surrounding them were Cyrus and Draco with Iolaus lying on his back with his head resting on his lover’s thigh.  The relaxed mood was disturbed by a glow emanating from Cyrus, his voice deepened as he received another premonition, everyone jumped to their feet as Cyrus began to speak,

“Host of Olympus, protect your heirs, the Covenant has been breached, the Powers That Be have broken their promise to protect the heirs of the ancient gods, they have cursed the heirs, they shall be returned to the time of their ancestors to live in peace."

Ares looked at his son with concern, "Son, what was that all about?  What do you mean that they broke the Covenant?"  Regaining his composure Cyrus turned to his dad, "Dad, if you don't mind can we go back to Olympus, my head is killing me and I only want to go through this once?"

Ares hugged his son, "Of course, sounds like we need to call everyone."  After informing the Chamberlain of his short absence, Ipecles and Iolaus flashed up to the great hall of Olympus to see Cyrus being mothered by Aphrodite.  Once the hall had been filled with all the major and minor gods alike Hephaestus stood and raised his arms to silence the crowd and spoke "Cyrus, God of Destiny has brought something alarming to our notice, here is what was announced,"  With a wave of his hand a vision appeared of the Corinthian Gardens as Cyrus made his pronouncement;

  Host of Olympus, protect your heirs, the Covenant has been breached, the Powers That Be have broken their promise to protect the heirs of the ancient gods, they have cursed the heirs, they shall be returned to the time of their ancestors to live in peace."

 The hall erupted in angry shouts, Ares cried out "Silence, before we act we must plan."

 ***

Ritchie padded up to his lover who had his head buried into some old book, reaching the muscled Scotsman Ritchie rested his chin on the brown head and draped his arms around Duncan's neck, "What's got you so interested in that book?"  Peering over Duncan's head Ritchie saw an ink image of his ancient friend Methos, "Hey isn't that the old man.?" Ritchie asked.

Duncan slowly stood up wrapping his arms around the younger immortal, after the loss of his dear Tessa, Duncan had begun to shut himself off.  No matter how many times he had fallen in love during the last 400 years each time hurt as much as the first.  Although Ritchie and he had taken the step to become lovers they had both loved Tessa dearly in their own way, she had been the first woman to genuinely care and love for Ritchie since his foster mother’s death.  Duncan leant forward and captured Ritchie's lips with his own.  Breaking away from the hungry kiss Duncan smiled, "As much as I want to continue this, I think I need to give the old man a call; that does look like him in that book."

After getting dressed Duncan put in the call to his friend who was intrigued at the strange phone call, it didn't take long for the Ancient Watcher to arrive at his friends’ flat.  Closing the door behind him Methos called out, "So at least you two are actually dressed and out of the bedroom."  Duncan blushed deeply whilst Ritchie just look smug and replied, "At least we are getting some old man, want a beer?"  Duncan had put on a pair of white felt gloves as he brought out the book, he was surprised to see the look on his ancient friend’s face, even more surprising was the tear he saw.  "Adam, what is it?"  Duncan asked his friend.

Adam looked up, "Guys no one, not even the Watchers, know exactly how old Methos is, in fact I have been around since the time of Hercules, he was what Ritchie would call a compete asshole.  This book is as old as I am, the only reason it has lasted this long is because it is enchanted, it is the Chronicle of Apollo and it tells of the Ancient Gods and how when they left this plain they entered what is called the Covenant with lesser gods known as the Powers That Be.  The covenant dictated that in exchange for the Ancient Gods, my friends, moving on their heirs and descendants would be protected and the Powers would not seek retribution.  The book also lists the descendants of the Ancient Gods, but can only be read by an heir of Apollo, I know someone who may be able to help but he lives in California, he is in a different branch of the Watchers.  Now just remember that most people would think immortals are a work of fiction, well Giles’ branch of the Watchers deals with demons, in fact he trains the Slayer who is the fabled guardian who fights the vampires ensuring they don't overpower the living."

Duncan walked over to the fridge to get some fresh beers for everyone, "How come we are only hearing of this now?"  Ritchie asked.  Adam took the fresh beer and replied, "They were my dear, dear friends, for some reason I have been dreaming of them these past few weeks, memories of my time, there were young gods who were an absolute terror, they would prank all the other gods, it was hilarious and their biggest fan was Hades, God of the Underworld.  Despite what is now written, for years Zeus abused his position killing and raping whenever he wanted, at one point he nearly killed his own son and heir Ares, he was deposed by the God of Judgement who married Ares, they gave birth to two of the younger gods, as they were gods they carried the babies without the need of a woman.  Let’s get going to see Giles and I can tell you more on the way."

So that they could have some kind of comfort Duncan rented a minivan.  They each took turns with the driving while Adam regaled his friends with tales from Ancient Greece.

Meanwhile Xander, Spike and Riley had arrived in LA, "Oi blondie, you sure Deadboy is going to be OK with this?"  With a smile Spike replied, "For the hundredth time yes; stop asking already or I will kick you out of the car and make you walk."  With a glare Xander replied, "You can’t, it’s my car."  Riley smiled as he sat back and watched the banter between the two friends, one of whom was his lover and the other being his lover’s best friend, a man who after threatening to rip his insides out with a rusty spoon had accepted Riley's relationship.  He looked out the window at the artificially lit streets of LA as Spike drove them to some hotel where Angel was now living, if he was honest with himself he was a little concerned as well at the prospect of meeting Buffy's ex, mind you if everything Buffy had ever said about the two arguing friends sitting on the front seats had been wrong, what were the chances she was wrong about Angel as well.

Pulling up to the curb outside the hotel Spike led everyone into the hotel. The sight in front of him made him laugh, Cordelia had her arms wrapped around Angel’s son in a serious case of tonsil hockey, with a cough Spike spoke up, "Hey folks, can you come up for air a moment, got some friends to see you."

Connor glared at the intruders, glaring even more when Xander had been introduced, seeing the look on Connor’s face Cordelia hit him upside the head, "Don't be an ass like your dad, me and Xan are friends nothing more."  Spike laughed at the scene as Xander held out his hand to Connor, after the rest of the introductions Cordelia in her characteristic bluntness announced, "Well three for three, Buffy is doing well if she has turned three lovers gay, she really must be crap in bed."  Everyone who knew Buffy burst out laughing at Cordelia's words as she continued, "Not that we mind, but why have you come to visit?"

Before anyone else could speak Spike explained, "Well we have had enough of Sunnyhell and Xan has a big thing for dark and deadly."   Xander looked worriedly at Connor who had a strange look on his face as he cried out, "At last, Dad's been pining for you for ages, he’s upstairs…alone."  Xander turned to Spike who looked reassuringly at his friend, "What are you scared of, you have fought demons, this is nothing.  You like him and he likes you, so go and sort it out before I do something drastic and I’ll get Farm Boy here to help me.”  Taking a deep breath Xander stood up and turned towards the elevator.  Cordelia began to interrogate Riley and Spike about their relationship.  Xander waited nervously for the elevator doors to open as he stepped out on to the floor where Angel's suite was located, walking up to the suite door he gently knocked, not hearing any reply he slowly turned the knob opening the door, he knew that Angel was in the suite somewhere.  Walking further into to the room he saw clothes strewn on the floor as he heard the shower running.  Doubt began to set in as he edged nearer to the open doorway to the bathroom. 

The sight that met him had an immediate effect on his groin, in front of him behind a partially steamed glass door was the naked muscled body of his fantasy with a one hand open against the tiled wall as the other firmly grasped the hard cock and slowly rubbed up and down.  Xander could tell that Angel was close as his pace quickened. Angel shot torrent after torrent of cum against the wall as he cried out "XANDER!"  as he dreamt of Xander being the cause for his release.  Xander couldn't believe his ears, there was now no doubt as to Angel's feelings.  By now there was a noticeable bulge in Xander's trousers, "So Angel want a hand with that?"  Startled by the voice Angel spun round loosing his balance and with a loud thud landed in a heap on the floor, Xander rushed over to help Angel, once he was standing Angel grabbed a towel to hide his semi-erect cock; with a smile Xander spoke, "After that show you just gave don't you think its a bit late to hide."

With a shy smile Angel looked up "Not that I mind, but what's brought you here?" 

Xander looked into the eyes as he spoke, "We have had enough of Sunnyhell, me and Spike decided to leave, as he is now with soldier boy he came as well."  Angel raised an eyebrow to Xander who explained, "From what Riley said he met an old friend from grade school, she had just gotten engaged so was telling him about her upcoming wedding, Buffy went off on one of her rants accusing Riley of cheating on her, Riley dumped her and ended up getting drunk in one of the demon bars, me and Spike went clubbing and found him, he and Spike have been together since, Spike suggested we come and see you as he said you had something to tell me?"

Angel was not used to such feelings, he had been part of the Scourge of Europe, one of the most feared and hated vampires to exist but he now felt fear that Xander would reject him, "Well....Spike never knew when to keep his mouth shut, it wasn't just because of Angelus that I left Sunnydale, it was how you were coming to look at him, Buffy was just an excuse, I couldn't stay knowing how you felt about him, about me."  Seeing the pain in the brooding vampire’s face Xander placed his hand on Angel's cheek and leant forward to kiss him, "I know who you were, but that is only part of who you are, but Slutty, as Spike calls her, tends to bring out the worst in people, we’ve started a support group if you’re interested.  Anyways, now that I am here how about experiencing the real thing instead of a fantasy."

Angel stood up pulling Xander to his feet, by now the towel Angel had been using to hide his more than generous modesty had fallen to the floor exposing his succulent cock with heavy filled balls and the dark brown treasure trail leading down from the toned abdomen, as Angel was slowly undressing him, Xander reached forward and began to roll the balls gently in his hand eliciting a gentle moan from Angel.  Finally stripping Xander of his last piece of clothing Angel grasped Xander's hard cock pulling him towards the bed landing on his back, pulling Xander down on top of him, Xander's mouth meeting those precious lips in a long awaited searing kiss, "I have waited so long for this."  Xander announced before he began to trace Angel’s collar bone with gentle kisses working his way to the muscled pecs gently biting the dark brown nipples, eliciting sensual moans. Kissing and licking his way down the washboard stomach Xander gently pulled the foreskin back exposing the weeping head, leaning forward Xander began to gently kiss the head as he slowly opened his mouth slowly taking the length down his mouth.

Up on Olympus the Council meeting had lasted into the late evening, Joxer was walking back to the Halls of War with Ares.  Rather than flashing down to their apartments in Corinth, they had decided that instead they would spend the evening with each other.  After a gentle bath in which they bathed each other, they settled naked in front of the roaring fire.  Ares slowly began to sweep his calloused hand along his naked lover pulling him closer, "Joxer, I may not know who the descendants are, but no one messes with my family."

Joxer turned round in his lover’s arms to kiss him, "I know, Ares, I agree with you, I have been thinking of who should go to the future.....We should send Demi and Pho."  Ares wasn't too keen on the idea, "But Jox, they are too young.  I don't want them getting hurt."  Smiling at Ares Joxer explained, "Ares, I know you love them, they are a great pair, but think about it, they are not high up on the list of gods and I know you wanted them to live life before taking up more duties, but remember they were the first to volunteer after the Terrors to help revive Prometheus, and the fact is they are Son's of War after all and so are more than capable of looking after themselves.  The truth is they think you don't trust them."  Hearing those words hurt, Ares glared at Joxer "What do you mean?" 

Remembering back to the overheard conversation Joxer explained, "I overheard them talking to Anteres, they love you Ares, don't worry about that, but they want to take their rightful places, they want to take their place by your side, I think it would be good to have the twins take Ant to the future, it would show them that we trust them and they would be able to call for help if they needed it; talk to Heph about it.  Now we are naked in front of a roaring fire with the Terrors down in Corinth, what is wrong with this scene?"

The following morning a sated Ares walked to the temple of the King of the Gods, his big brother, seeing the look on Ares’ face Hephaestus smiled, "I see you have that just shagged look this morning."  Ares stared in shock at what his brother just said, regaining his sense he replied, "You have been spending too much time with the Terrors."  The brothers laughed as they greeted each other with a hug, "Heph, I need to talk to you about this problem, I was talking to Joxer last night and he suggested we send Demi and Pho to the future with Ant, he overheard them talking and they think we, or more importantly, that I don't trust them.  You’re the wise one…help."

With a smile Heph beckoned Ares over to a nearby chair, after Ares explained his previous conversation with Joxer Heph sat and thought on his brother’s words, rubbing his beard Hephaestus spoke. "Actually Ares I think Joxer is right, after the meeting last night I went to the Halls of Time and spoke with the Fates, I know what the Covenant is, after you prevented the Twilight there was a conclave of the main pantheons, all the houses had lost countless worshippers, an agreement was reached where the houses would leave this plain and the new gods, what became known as the Powers That Be took over, they were explicitly forbidden from harming our heirs in retribution for the war.  Now I know that we won the war but knowing what I now know there is no way I will agree to the Covenant.  I have sent a message to the House of Ra; therefore we are going to need everyone. I don't want any minor gods Ares, we have lost many who turned their backs on their destiny because of that bastard Zeus; we need to change with the times or risk becoming obsolete because of our own arrogance."

Ares knew coming to his brother would be a good idea, now he was beyond doubt, Ares smiled at his brother who continued, "Call them please.  We will talk to them, but it should be you who asks them to do this, don't try and overprotect them Ares, remember what happened last time you did that."  With a playful glare Ares bowed down, "Yes oh mighty King."  Hephaestus laughed grabbing an apple throwing it at his brother who caught it with a warrior’s reflexes taking a bite as he settled back in his chair.

Ares used his link to Joxer to call him over, along with Ares’ three sons that they had been discussing.  They all arrived looking confused as to why they would be summoned, their thoughts were interrupted by the King of the Gods, "Thank you for coming, now I need to provide some background, now no doubt knowing how close you all are your brother has informed you of what has happened.  Now don't look so shocked I am the King remember, I know what goes on, now as I explained to your dad, I went to the Hall of Time to check out this Covenant, now I have no intention of agreeing to this and I doubt Ra will either, now after the war the world will need a great deal of rebuilding, many of the lands with weaker gods will be absorbed into the more powerful houses, as a result of which all of the Gods of Olympus will need to play their part, now as a result of HIM, we have lost many good gods who have turned their back on their destiny, I will not allow this to continue and I will not tolerate the phrase ‘minor gods’ any more, which means your father has a mission for you."