Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
473
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,213

Live

Summary:

A short fic of maybe why Tony's Dad is coming to NCIS.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: My take on maybe why Tony’s Dad is coming to NCIS.

Live

Tony sat down at his desk ready to begin work. He looked around and found that his teammates were already there and were looking at their computers. He turned his computer on and started to look though some papers. He heard the elevator ding, but didn’t look up from the folder he was writing in.

“Anthony.”

Tony looked up and saw his father there. What was he doing here? Why was he here?

He stood up. “Hello, father. What do you want?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“I’m sorry, but I have work to do.”

“I see that, but that can wait. I want to talk to you now.”

“I can’t.”

“Go ahead, DiNozzo. Go take him to the conference room. If we have a case I can get you.”

He nodded and led his father upstairs. He really didn’t want to talk to his father, or see him again. He closed the door and then faced his father.

“So what was so important that you needed to see me at work?”

“I am sorry how I treated you as a child.”

“You’re sorry for beating me up, or leaving me at the motel, or maybe not even noticing that I was alive most of the time? Or for telling me that I'm worthless and I'm going to end up in the gutter.”

“Yes to all three of them. It was the alcohol that made me hit you Anthony. I never meant to hurt you either physically,verbally, or emotionally. I never meant to leave you in that hotel room. I wanted to spend time with you, but that didn’t work out. I shouldn’t have taken you on a business trip, but I honestly thought that I would be able to spend time with you. I am sorry for not giving you the childhood that you were meant to have.”

“Why now? Why say sorry after all these years?”

“Because I’m dying and I wanted to make it right.”

“So if you weren’t dying you would not be here would you?”

“I honestly don’t know. I hope I would have.”

“I don’t know if I can forgive you.”

“I don’t expect for your forgiveness now, but I hope in the future that you will forgive me.”

“I will think about it, but don’t hold your breath.”

“Thank you, Anthony. Now I will let you go back to work.”

Tony opened the door and went downstairs to his desk and began writing in the folder once again.

“Are you alright, Tony?” Asked Gibbs.

“I’m fine.” Tony said without looking up.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author anny385.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.