Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
186
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,193

Untitled Hustle

Summary:

Ok, so, I've completely lost my mind. I'm going to do a fic a day for all of December until Christmas day, kind of like a fic-filled advent calender. And just to make things even more difficult to myself, each fic will be a different fandom.
Author's Note: postings will follow this format, with no summary. Length willvary (greatly) from fic to fic.

Work Text:

Untitled Hustle
by Buffy

December 4--Hustle

 

"So, every year at Christmas you lot take ten percent off the top of the take from a con and donate it to some charity?"  Danny was taking the news more calmly than they'd expected.  Although he was obviously confused, he wasn't yelling.  Yet.

Mickey took over explaining from Albie, "It's about karma, or luck.  You know breaking the grifter's code can cause bad luck.  Well, there are a million ways to build up the kind of negative energy that can cause bad luck without knowing it.  This is a way to make up for such times."

"We take it off the top, before we take our individual cuts, so that it's from all of us equally,"  Stacie chimed in, "And we choose a different charity every year.  Last year it was a program for at-risk children in London.  This year, we're helping an organization that organizes people to bring meals and visit the elderly without family to help them."

Danny leaned forward with a grin, "So it's like that O. Henry story, yeah?  Grifts of the Magi."

end ficlet

Series this work belongs to: