Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
582
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,453

The Reception

Summary:

A wedding reception aboard the Galactica.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: The Reception
Author: Jen lmr

Date: Dec 2000
Rating: NC-17
Category: Slash
Pairing: Starbuck/Apollo
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: A wedding reception aboard the Galactica.


The reception hall was gaily decorated, the bride looked radiant, the guests were milling around chatting happily, and congratulating the bride and groom.

Most of the guests were, that is.

"Doesn't Cassieopea make a beautiful bride?" Athena asked her brother.

Apollo mumbled a response, his attention still fully on where Starbuck was standing across the room. Athena shrugged and moved off to talk to some other friends.

After watching Starbuck a few centons longer, he headed over to him. "Great party, don't you think?"

"Yeah."

"You'd think that you would try to look a little happier."

"I would, but it just really bothers me how she went about things."

"Maybe she got tired of waiting. She'd been hoping for a commitment for such a long time."

"I still don't like it."

"You're partially to blame too. Besides, Nolan has always seemed like a pretty good guy."

"Do you think she was seeing that little weasel at the same time she was still seeing me?"

Apollo raised his brows, "I don't know, but it's not like you never done it to her. Besides, you didn't want to seal to her anyway. You've told me so many times. Frankly, I thought you might be interested in someone else too."

"Yeah, but I didn't dump her and turn around and announce that I was going seal to someone else a secton later."

"You sound jealous." Apollo narrowed his eyes at him.

"I am *not* jealous," Starbuck snapped, "I'm well rid of her. I just don't appreciate being made a fool of."

"She probably didn't appreciate being made to look like a fool either."

"Who's side are you on here?"

"I'm not trying to take sides. Why don't you just try to be happy for her and enjoy the party."

"Alright," he replied grudgingly, "I'll try to be happy for her, but I don't think there's much chance I'm going to enjoy the party. It feels like everybody keeps staring at me."

"If  they're looking at you it's probably because they're glad it wasn't you getting sealed and that you're still available," Apollo smiled at him, "I'll tell you what. How about we go over, wish them well, and say our good-byes? Then we can both head out somewhere for a few drinks, just the two of us."

"Just the two of us, huh?" Starbuck looked at him speculatively, "Sounds like an excellent plan to me. You really are a great friend, 'Pol."

"That's what I keep trying to tell you."

After saying their good-byes, they headed out down the corridor, "Apollo. You were right you know."

Apollo stopped in his tracks, "About you being jealous over Cassie?" he asked, feeling a little jealous himself.

"No. About me being interested in someone else."

"Oh? Who?" Apollo said with great interest, hoping it was whom he thought.

Starbuck gave him a wide smile, then leaned forward and gently kissed the Captain on the lips. "One guess."

Apollo beamed at his friend, "Would you like to have that drink back at my quarters?"

In answer, Starbuck kissed him again, this time much more passionately.

The End