Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
657
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,455

Starbuck's Crush

Summary:

Starbuck has a crush on someone. Will he find the courage to tell them?

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Starbuck's Crush
Author: Jen lmr

Date: March 2001
Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
Rating: NC-17
Pairing: Starbuck/?
Category: Slash
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: Starbuck has a crush on someone. Will he find the courage to tell them?


Starbuck gazed across the crowded main lounge of the Rising Star and sighed wistfully.

"What's the matter with you, Bucko? You've been moping around for days. You have a case of unrequited love?" Apollo asked.

"Yeah, something like that," the blond answered evasively.

The Captain's eyebrows shot up in mock horror. "You mean to tell me that there is someone out there who is immune to your charms?"

"I don't know if they're immune. They don't know I'm interested."

"Is there any particular reason you haven't told them? I'm sure that he'd be interested."

"What makes you think its a *he*?" the Lieutenant asked, surprised.

"Pronouns. You keep using the word *they* instead of *she*."

"Okay, so its a *he*. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No. Not at all. I think you should tell him. I bet anything he'd be flattered, to say the very least," Apollo assured him confidently.

"Hmmmm. I don't know. I'll have to think about it."

"You do that, buddy. I'm sure everything will work out alright."

Starbuck relaxed visibly. "You really think so?"

"I know so," Apollo assured.

They two warriors enjoyed the rest of the evening together and nothing more was said on the subject.

*****

Two days later Starbuck came rushing into the launch bay and wrapped his wingmate in a big hug, kissing him on the lips as he did so.

"You are so wonderful!" the Lieutenant exclaimed.

Apollo blushed. "Thanks, but I hardly think this is the time or the place..."

"You were absolutely right! I finally worked up the courage to tell him how I felt and we've just spend the most glorious night together. I don't know how to thank you! If it wasn't for you I might never have gotten up the nerve to say anything to him," Starbuck gushed happily.

The Captain blinked at his oblivious Lieutenant a couple of times and then quickly turned away to hide his crestfallen expression. "Your welcome. We'd better get going out on patrol before the command center wonders what's taking us so long," he said gruffly.

Starbuck was too lost in a haze of bliss to notice the change in his wingmate's demeanor.

Once away from the fleet, the blond Lieutenant began filling his Captain in on the details of his magical evening. Apollo listened morosely with half an ear, cursing himself for being such a fool as to let Starbuck slip through his fingers. He just knew that Boomer had been dying to get his hands on the gorgeous blond for yahrens.

"Oh, and his ass, that gorgeous ass... I could just stare at it for centars! You just wouldn't believe how talented that man's tongue is! Oh, my Lords! Its a gift from the gods!"

Apollo felt his guts wrench painfully the more Starbuck went on and on and on... about his new found love.

"Those eyes! Oh! I can just lose myself in them... he is such a dream! I have to admit though, my astrum is pretty sore today, he fracked me through the mattress half the night..."

Now Apollo was definitely feeling queasy. How he hated Boomer at this particular moment.

"...and I know you've never been particularly found of Reece, but you have him all wrong."

"Reece? What does Reece have to do with anything?" The Captain was startled out of his morose thoughts.

"Duh! I've only been talking about him for the last twenty centons! Geez, Pol, what's the matter with you?"


The End <snicker>