Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,251
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,723

Sleep Tight

Summary:

A Starbuck and Apollo first time snippet.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Sleep Tight
Author: Jen lmr

Rating: NC-17
Pairing: Starbuck/Apollo.
Category: Slash. Schmoop.
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: A Starbuck and Apollo first time snippet.


******

There's just no hope for it. We're stuck here for tonight at the very least. Sagan only knows if it will be longer than that or not. Starbuck was fussing as usual about the lack of creature comforts. Apollo listened to him and shook his head ruefully, he was used to Starbuck when he got in one of *those* moods.

He headed back to the remains of the shuttle that they had been using on this latest survey mission, 'Who's brainchild was it to start using shuttles instead of vipers? Oh yeah. The Councils. Of course!' he thought with no small amount of sourness.

He grabbed a solar blanket, some rations, and what little else was stocked for them on what he will from now on refer to as "The Councils Brainchild". *If* they get rescued so he can go back and give them Hades. 'I'll fly off of the planet on my own steam if thats what it takes. The looks on their faces when I get my hands on them! OOOUUUAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!'

Okay that helped a little. Now where was I? Oh Yeah...

'Trust me,' they said. 'All of the shuttles have been carefully checked out,' they said. 'You have absolutely nothing to worry about,' they said. 'We have to think economically,' they said. 'We all have to make sacrifices and make do the best we can,' they said.

Right about now I have a few things to say about their *sacrifices*. At this point I think it would be a just punishment for each and every one of them to have to spend the next 1 - 3 days listening to Starbuck's endless complaining. That'd teach them about *sacrifice*.

Not that I don't love Starbuck, I do. More than you can imagine even. He's the best friend that I've ever had. But Lords that man can complain! You'd think he was down here by himself, suffering alone. Hello, I'm here too! I'm not going to sleep real comfy tonight either.

He headed back to Starbuck with his arms sadly un-full of the Councils generosity towards the warriors protecting the fleet. Oddly enough, they seemed to be *really* full of the *sacrifices* that the Council insisted that we all must make. 'GGRRRRRR.'

When he arrived back at where Starbuck was clearing a place in the foliage for their makeshift "camp" he realized he was grumbling and complaining as much as Starbuck was. As he approached his best friend, still muttering many foul things of all manner, albeit quieter than said best friend, they both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Dear Lords, I hope its not contagious!" Apollo snickered.

"Frankly, I hope it is." Starbuck shot back.

Well if nothing else it helped get us out of our rotten moods. In fact, I'm feeling a lot better already. You just can't go wrong with a good buddy like Starbuck.

We built a pathetic little campfire, both of us too tired to put all that much effort into it. Ate our pathetic bit of rations (Sagan, tomorrow we'll have to forage through the bushes for food. Thanks again, Council). It wasn't too bad though, not as bad as it could have been. Good company. Well, okay, *awful* food. But, hey, I could be stuck here with Bojay! Worse yet, Sheba! At least the Council is  afraid enough of me (Okay, my *father*) to let me choose my own wingmate/partner.

Wouldn't have stopped me anyway, though. Starbuck and I clicked from the first day we met. When I think about the wonderful times we've had together, I feel REALLY bad about my uncharitable thoughts about his minor, little, bitty annoying habits. When you get right down to it I can't believe that sweet man doesn't complain *more*.

Just look at him sitting there. The fire flickering in front of him, bringing out the highlights in his hair, the perfect golden tones of his skin. Okay, I'm *really* getting tired now, I call to him, we put out the camp fire and head off to sleep.

***

I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, feeling a weight upon my chest. Not uncomfortable. Quite pleasant and comforting, in fact. I'm sleeping on my back and slowly lower my chin down to encounter a very soft, sweet smelling head of hair.

Even better, as I come more awake, I realize that it's Starbuck's head. I breathe in deeply, enjoying the moment. I nuzzle my chin against him, in his sleep he nuzzles his head more deeply against my chest.

I realize that I'm rock hard. Uh Oh! Well, what the hey, he's asleep. I continue to enjoy the moment, my hard on doesn't bother me to the point that its painful, well, not overly painful. I'm pretty used to it by now. I'd never admit it to anyone but I can count the number of times I've actually had sex with *somebody else* on my fingers. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Do you have any idea how difficult it is being Commander Adama's son?

Back to the moment at hand. Mmmmmm. Where was I? Oh yeah, hard...I mean difficult...being so and so's son. Oh, you know what I mean, Commander Whats-His-Name. Nevermind that anyway!

So I continue to nuzzle my face into Starbuck's hair, enjoying the moment completely. Then what happens? He wakes up! I wanted to crawl under a rock! Kill me now, Oh Great Sagan!!

Then, the most wonderful thing happened. He looked at me with so much love and desire in his eyes, I couldn't believe what I was seeing was real.

He tilted his head slightly upwards, I tilted my head slightly downwards. Our lips met in the most wonderful kiss I've ever experienced. The most wonderful, tender kiss, beyond anything I could ever imagine.

Sure, I know you're thinking at this point that its because I haven't experienced much. I can't imagine much either, because I lack a whole lot of imagination. You're wrong. In that one moment, that one kiss. My imagination knew no limits, I'd experienced everything that I would ever wish to experience. Even if we never find Earth, if we were to grow old on an aging battlestar and die there, or spend our remaining days in the insect infested jungle of this empty planet and die here. I found my home.

Then he kissed me again. I knew I must be dead because it just kept getting better. Then the next, then the next. OH! What's this!

I *was* wrong! I *do* lack imagination. Thank Sagan, Starbuck doesn't have the same problem!

Good night all, sleep tight. I know I will. Now go to bed you shameless voyeurs! Starbuck and I will be up for awhile and we DON'T want any interruptions!

I said inter-RUPTIONS! You sick little monkeys! What were YOU thinking?

The End

*****