Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
420
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,375

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Summary:

Sheba moves on.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow
By Jen lmr

Date: Jan 2001
Rating: NC-17
Category: Slash
Pairing: Starbuck/Apollo
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: Sheba moves on.


Starbuck walked in to the Officer's club beaming from ear to ear.

"What are you so happy about?" Apollo asked suspiciously.

Starbuck's smile grew impossibly wider. "Look around. Do you notice anything different?"

The Captain looked around the room. "Nope. Everything looks the same as it always has."

"Take another good look around," the blond chortled gleefully.

Apollo looked carefully around the room again. "Nope. I still don't see anything."

"I know! Isn't it wonderful!" Starbuck giggled.

"Have you been smoking one of those doctored fumerellos again?"

"Nope," Starbuck sighed happily. "I'm just high on life." Another giggle.

Apollo narrowed his eyes at his friend. "You wanna tell me what's going on?"

"I'd be happy to. What you're *not* seeing here is a certain annoying lieutenant."

Apollo looked at him sideways. "Uh, you're sitting right here."

Starbuck just smiled at him.

"Okay, okay, I give. Which lieutenant are you talking about?"

"Sheba!"

Apollo looked around. "So, she's probably on patrol."

"No, she isn't," Starbuck sighed with a near orgasmic expression on his face.

"So then, where is she?"

"Gone."

"Gone?"

"Yep. Gone. I think this just may be the happiest day of my life," Starbuck dabbed theatrically at his eyes.

"Would you care to explain gone?" Apollo asked, exasperated.

"I'd love to," Starbuck practically sang. "Gone as in 'not here'. Gone as in 'never coming back'. She decided to stay at that last settlement that we got supplies from. Seems she fell for one of the locals and decided to follow her heart."

Apollo gaped at him. "You wouldn't kid me, would you?"

"Nope," the Lieutenant said with a smile that lit up the room.

"She's really gone?"

"Yep,"Another giggle escaped. "Gone."

Apollo looked at him disbelievingly. "Really gone?"

Starbuck nodded his head vigorously. "Really gone."

The Captain stared at him a moment longer, then, "Bartender, I'd like to buy everyone a drink!" he called.

The blond couldn't seem to get the goofy smile off of his face. "Parting is such sweet sorrow," he sighed. "Not!"

"What do you say we go celebrate in private?" Apollo's smile now matched the one of his companion.

Starbuck wiggled his eyebrows, "This is *definitely* the happiest day of my life."


The End