Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,289
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,283

Just To Be Around

Summary:

A look at what 'happily ever after' might really be like.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.


Just To Be Around
By Jen lmr 

Date: Feb 2001
Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
Rating: NC-17
Pairing: Starbuck/Apollo
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: A look at what 'happily ever after' might really be like.


I've loved him since as far back as I can remember. Looking back I can't say for sure which day was the happiest of my life. It may have been the day we finally worked up the courage to declare the true depth of our feelings towards each other and finally consummate our friendship physically. Then again, it may have been the day that he took my hand in his, looked deeply into my eyes, told me how much he loved me, and then asked me to seal with him.

It was like a fairy tale come true. Me, the little orphan boy, finally getting his prince and living happily ever after.

They never seem to talk about exactly what happens in the 'ever after' though. I have a pretty good idea of why that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy. I love Apollo and his son Boxey more than anything, I really do. I have to say that the idea of a ready made family appealed to me so much that I was dancing on air from the moment my love first proposed to me.

People teased me about the goofy, love-struck expression I always seemed to be sporting. I didn't mind, I was deliriously happy and I didn't care who knew it.

Apollo, being the old fashion kind of guy he is, decided that we shouldn't move in together until after the sealing. I didn't like the idea of spending any time apart from him when I didn't absolutely have to but I was touched by how romantic the notion was.

The sealing was beautiful. Our friend's were all in attendance and Apollo's family welcomed me with open arms. Even Athena hugged me, gave me a kiss on the check, and told me that she could see now that Apollo and I belonged together.

I tried not to let it show but I was so touched at how supportive and genuinely happy everyone was for us. I shrugged off the well-wisher's comments and tried to act like my usual unaffected self but I secretly treasured every word.

Our honeymoon, which consisted of a couple of days in one of the nicer private rooms aboard the Rising Star, was absolutely wonderful. We didn't even leave the room once, so content were we to be spending this time together.

We arrived back on the Galactica feeling happy and refreshed, if not a little sore, if you know what I mean. It was the kind of soreness I hoped to be feeling until the day I died. Hopefully it will be in my love's arms when we're both old, gray, and toothless.

Back in Apollo's quarters, well, *our* quarters now, we still couldn't keep our hands off of each other. Neither one of us could believe that after all of these yahrens, after all that we'd been through, we were actually together in this way. A family. Our family.

We dropped our travel bags and headed immediately towards the bedroom. Even after all of the times we'd made love during the last couple of days we still couldn't get enough of each other. Hurriedly we removed our clothes, I grabbed the lube out of the bedside drawer, and pounced onto the bed on top of my lover.

My lifemate wriggled around until he was on top of me and began ravishing my mouth with his own. My erection was reaching the point of being painful as I ground it frantically against the hardened cock of my heart's desire. I moved my hands greedily over his body, thrilling at the feel of his hard muscles beneath my hands.

The door chimed.

By unspoken agreement we ignored it. Our passion was becoming so intense that we couldn't hold out much longer.

Rubbing against each other, our engorged members reached the point of no return and we both cried out each other's names in release to the distant sound of the door chime that had become noticeably more insistent.

Apollo groaned and rolled off of the bed. He hastily wiped himself off with his discarded shirt, quickly donned a robe, and went to answer the door.

Boxey came bounding in and threw himself in his father's arms. Athena excused herself with a knowing smirk at Apollo's disheveled appearance.

"Where's Starbuck?" the boy cried as he ran off in search of his new father. Moments later Apollo heard a loud 'Umph!' coming from the bedchamber and realized that Boxey must have found him.

"What are you doing in bed at this time of day?" the boy asked the now red-faced blond.

"Er, I just felt like taking a nap," Starbuck offered lamely.

"Dad, too?"

"Er, yeah. We were both tired."

Apollo entered the room and gave his husband a 'what can you do?' shrug. Joining the two on the bed they listened to Boxey's extremely detailed accounting of what he'd been doing while the two men were away.

"So what are we doing for dinner?" Boxey asked expectantly when he was finally finished.

"Just let us get dressed and I'll come out and fix something, okay?" Apollo answered.

"Okay." the energetic little boy skipped out of the room.

"Guess the honeymoon is over." The Captain looked apologetically at his lover.

"It's okay. We knew it couldn't last forever. There's always tonight though. The boy has to sleep sometime." Starbuck wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Apollo grinned as he finished dressing and then left the room to go start dinner. A few centons later Starbuck joined him in the kitchen and offered to help cook. Before long the three of them were sitting at the table eating and listening to Boxey's endless stream of chatter.

Boxey was so excited to be back home and living with two dads now that it took the men a very long time to get him to go to sleep. By the time he finally did the warriors were so exhausted that they just fell into bed and went right to sleep.

As the days passed they all adjusted to living together as a family. This was a very new concept for Starbuck and sometimes it wasn't always easy. But he loved Apollo and Boxey with all of his heart and was more than willing to sacrifice some of the freedom of his past.

Sometimes, though, like today, he really did miss his 'alone' time. Apollo was working late and once again it was just him and Boxey. He was glad the boy was so accepting of his presence in their lives but as soon as he'd moved in the boy had taken to following him everywhere. Many times when he was trying to use the turboflush Boxey would stand outside the door and talk to him.

Starbuck didn't mind spending time with the boy, not at all. But right about now he could seriously stand to spent a little *less* time with him. Especially when he was trying to use the turboflush. He just hoped that as more time passed Boxey would get over this 'clingy' phase. Perhaps he was still trying in his own way to adjust to having another man around full-time.

After a sectar had passed and Boxey was still following him about their quarters like a baby daggit, Starbuck was about ready to snap. He didn't want to say anything to Apollo or to Boxey about it. It was his problem and there was no point in upsetting anyone else.

He decided that what he needed was a night out with the boys. When he told Apollo he'd like to spend the evening playing pyramid with some of his single friends from the barracks the Captain didn't seem upset. He didn't seem happy about it either though.

Unfortunately, on the night he had planned to meet up with his friends Apollo was called into an emergency strategy meeting. Apollo asked him if he wouldn't mind postponing his game so that he could watch Boxey. Starbuck was disappointed but he didn't want to seem like a heel by telling Apollo to get a baby-sitter. He was Boxey's father too now after all.

The next few times Starbuck made plans to go out on his own with some of his single friends something always came up and he wasn't able to go. He tried to take it in stride and he hid his growing frustration from his new family. But Lords, what he wouldn't give for some 'alone' time! He was discovering that having a family was definitely not all it was cracked up to be.

Before long he found himself getting irritable and snapping at people for no apparent reason at work. Soon he found himself snapping at his husband and his patience with Boxey had worn extremely thin. Every time he turned around he almost tripped over the boy.

Apollo noticed the change in his love's behavior and tried to get him to tell him what was bothering him. Starbuck was always quick to assure him that nothing was wrong and would make an extra effort for several days afterwards to be extra nice to everyone.

When their sex life, which had always been incredible, began to suffer, Apollo put his foot down.

"I'm tired of you telling me that nothing is bothering you." He confronted his lover one night after Boxey had gone to bed. "Obviously something is bothering you. I certainly know you well enough to be able to tell when something is wrong and it really hurts me that you think that you can't talk to me."

"It's not that I can't talk to you its just... well, its silly really," Starbuck hedged.

"If its upsetting you, then it isn't silly," Apollo assured him.

The blond looked down at his lap. "Its just that... well, I guess I'm just not used to so much *togetherness*."

"Are you getting tired of me?"

"No! No, I could *never* get tired of you!"

"Is this about not being about to go out with Boomer and the guys more often?"

"Actually, I don't go out with Boomer and the guys at *all* anymore. In fact, you and I don't even seem to go out anymore." the blond said softly, still looking at his lap.

Apollo reached out and turned his love's face towards him and looked him in the eye. "I thought you enjoyed spending time at home with me and Boxey."

"I do! I really do. Its just that we don't ever seem to do anything else anymore, outside of work that is. And Boxey is a great kid but he just follows me around *all* of the time and... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." Blue eyes gazed back down to the stop on his lap he'd been looking at earlier.

"Starbuck." The dark-haired man turned his husband's face towards him once again. "I'm the one who should be apologizing to you. I should have considered you're feelings more. I'd forgotten what an adjustment this all must be to you. Can you forgive me?"

"There's nothing to forgive," Starbuck gave him a small smile. "I told you I'm just being silly."

"No, you're not," Apollo said firmly. "You are going to start going out with the boys once a secton whether you like it or not."

"Oh, you're just so forceful," the blond snickered.

"I'll show you forceful," the Captain said as he tackled his Lieutenant backwards onto the bed and began devouring his mouth.

Starbuck flipped his lover back over so that he was now straddling him and began trailing his mouth down the hard, muscular chest until he reached his favorite area. He sucked his love's organ into his mouth and began sucking on it with gusto.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Starbuck, if you keep doing that I'm gonna cum right now!"

The blond removed his mouth from his lover's granite-hard erection and began kissing his way back upwards towards his husband's mouth. He spent long moments savoring the taste of him before he pulled back and gasped, "Pol, I want you in me now!"

Needing no further urging, Apollo leaned over and grabbed the lube out of the night table drawer. Starbuck immediately rolled over on all fours.

"No. On your back," his lover panted. "I want to look at your face."

Coating his fingers liberally he inserted first one, then another and began twisting them back and forth inside his partner. He found the sweet spot that soon had his love trembling with need. Removing his fingers, he quickly replaced them with his cock. Once fully inside, he began moving in a steadily increasing rhythm. His hand reached out and clasped his love's straining erection in a firm grip.

Pumping both himself and his hand steadily, soon the two lover's loud cries of passion filled the room and they exploded simultaneously.

Catching his breath, Apollo said, "Now *that* was more like it!"

"I aim to please," Starbuck smiled at him lovingly.

"So do I." Green eyes gazed seriously into blue. "Promise to tell me next time something is bothering you instead of making me weasel it out of you?"

"I promise."


The End