Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
11,513
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,461

Roses Are Red

Summary:

Is Starbuck going crazy, or are people just trying to make him think he is?

Work Text:

Title: Roses Are Red
Author: Jen lmr 

Rating: NC-17
Pairing: Starbuck/Boomer. Starbuck/Apollo.
Category: Slash. Some discipline.
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

*****

Apollo walked into Starbuck's quarters unannounced with a concerned look on his face. "Starbuck? Have you been feeling all right?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You've been acting a little strange lately."

"Strange? I don't think so, are you trying to imply something?" Starbuck asked defensively.

"Of course not, just...other people have been saying...things..." Apollo said, still looking at his best friend worriedly.

Starbuck's blue eyes narrowed, "What kind of things?" he asked, feeling
himself tense.

"Well, odd behavior, even for you."

"Even for ME, what's that supposed to mean?!" Starbuck is now standing most definitely in a confrontational pose, glaring at Apollo.

"I just meant that I worry about you, I worry a lot. Probably more than I should. No. Definitely more than I should." Apollo, now feeling very uneasy, attempted to soothe Starbuck. 'And that's not all I want to do to him! Okay, where did that thought come from? Get a grip on yourself Apollo, its just stress. Okay, I'm fine now. But that's not all I want to get a grip on either! Stop it, stop it, just stop it!!' Apollo shakes his head, trying to clear it from the strange thoughts running through it.

Starbuck looked at Apollo longingly, thoughtfully, "How much more have you been worrying about me than you should?" he asks tentatively.

Apollo returned the look, melting into those clear blue eyes, "More than you could imagine," breathlessly, from some part of him he didn't know existed.

Like the call of the Siren, he reached out for him, unable to remove his mouth from his, unable to stop touching him, unable to resist the scent of him.

'WAIT!!!' His head still spinning, 'This isn't me, I don't do this kind of thing, what would my father say? My mother is probably rolling around in her grave. I WILL stop this...any centon now, well, maybe another couple of centons couldn't hurt. After all, from where I am, definitely nobody's getting hurt. Well, not unless you count the ache in my groin.

Good thing I've lost the ability to count.

***

Starbuck was really loving this; he had these kinds of feelings for Apollo but never in his wildest dreams did he expect them to be returned. He was so lost in the moment that he almost forgot what brought Apollo here in the first place. Almost.

"Apollo?" Starbuck gasped, pulling away and shaking his head to clear it. "Why were you so worried about the way I've been acting?"

"What way?" Apollo asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"You know, you said you'd be hearing things about me acting strangely."

"I haven't heard anything of the sort. Who told you that?"

"Duh...YOU?" Starbuck said worriedly.

"I most certainly did not!" Apollo exclaimed indignantly.

"No really, you came storming in here, accusing me of Sagan knows what kind of odd behavior and then start...," Starbuck stops, blushing furiously, then, "well...doing things to me."

"Oh, I could do things to you, things you wouldn't believe." Apollo purred.

Starbuck stood for a moment, staring at his best friend in open-mouthed shock, then, "Pol?"

"Yesss..." Apollo purred again in a low whisper, moving closer, causing Starbuck to step backwards.

Starbuck was becoming extremely flustered, not sure what to even think anymore, and taking more steps backwards towards the wall.

Soon, Apollo had him pressed flat against the wall. Starbuck clung to him tightly, never wanting to let go. Apollo leaned towards him and...and...then...came back to himself. Like cold water thrown in his face.

"Starbuck?" Apollo looks at him warily, "What are you doing?"

Still flustered, Starbuck responded, "What am I doing? What am I doing? Well, I don't know! These mood swings of yours are driving my crazy! And isn't that what you came here to talk to me about in the first place?! How crazy I've been acting lately, well, guess who's been MAKING me CRAZY?!!!" Starbuck finished, flushed and angry.

Apollo's face softened, "Baby why are you yelling at me? Have I done something to upset you?"

"Baby!! Baby!!!", Starbuck screeched, "Where did BABY come from?!"

Apollo looked at him, more than a little worried, "Starbuck, calm down, why are you yelling and babbling about babies? I told you that you were acting strangely. Is there something you want to talk to me about?"

"AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!!"

"Starbuck, I really think you need to talk to someone, someone more equipped to deal with your, uhmm, emotional outbursts. Don't worry we'll go to the Life Center and everything will be fine, just fine, you'll see." Apollo said in a patronizing tone of voice.

"Fine! That's just fine! Let's go to the Life Center and see about helping ME!!" Starbuck exclaimed with extreme sarcasm. 'Sagan, five centons ago he's ready to jump my bones, two centons ago he's asking me to seek medical treatment. I swear I'm just going to bang his head against the wall until he's....my old Apollo....or....just bang him...no...stop it...I want the Apollo that kissed me senseless...the one that backed me into the wall, making me feel things...mmmm...well...just...things...'

'Where was I? Ah, yes, on the way to the Life Center, I can hardly wait. And to add more feldercarb to the fan, I get to see Cassie too! Does life get any better than this?! I defiantly hope so!'

***

At the Life Center.

"Starbuck, would you mind waiting for me over there?" Apollo asked, pointing to some chairs.

"Sure, fine, whatever." Starbuck sighed, rolling his eyes heavenwards.

"Great, I'll be right back, I'm just going to find Dr. Salik. You just try to remain calm, okay?"

"I'll try to do my best." Starbuck replied in a voice heavy with sarcasm.

***

On his way to find Dr. Salik, an agitated Apollo bumped into Cassie, almost knocking her down. "Oh, sorry about that Cas! Listen have you seen Dr. Salik?"

"He's in surgery right now, is there something I can help you with? You seem upset."

"Well...," Apollo pulls her aside and whispered, "Listen, Cass, I'm really worried about Starbuck. I've been noticing...well...things...lately. You know, sort of...erratic behavior."

"Erratic behavior? What sort of erratic behavior?"

"He's been very edgy, gets excited really easily...why you wouldn't believe the fit he threw earlier! It's almost as if he's got more than one personality. I'm just glad I was able to talk him into coming here with me to get some professional help!"

"How long has this been going on?" She asked thoughtfully.

"About a secton."

"Hmmmm...you know I haven't seen much of him lately. But as a matter of fact, it was about a secton ago that he and I broke up." Cassie mused.

"Yeah, he told me about that. I'm was sorry to hear it. Honestly I was." Apollo murmured with an odd look on his face.

"Thanks, I think." Giving him a sidelong glance, "Well, I think I better speak to him privately before I have Dr. Salik take a look at him."

***

Alone together in the examining room, Cassie rounded on Starbuck, "Okay, you wanna tell me what this is all about?"

"Did you talk to Apollo? I was hoping you could tell me. Did you notice how crazy he was acting? Do you think he's developed some kind of personality disorder?"

"Is this some kind of prank?" Cassie said narrowing her eyes at Starbuck, "Because if it is I don't thinks it is even the least bit funny!"

"Of course it's not a joke! Did you SEE him? Why earlier he...he...," Starbuck flushed red, "...and then he...well he..." Starbuck finished, stammering.

"Aside from being upset about you, I didn't notice anything worth mentioning." Then, placing a gentle hand on his arm, her voice softened, "This wouldn't have anything to do with the breakup would it? If you're having second thoughts all you had to do was come and talk to me about it. There's no need to keep up this act."

'Oh my lords!' "Uh...uh...no...I mean...I really am here about Apollo!"

"Starbuck," she said patronizingly, "it's me remember?"

By now Starbuck was beginning to pace agitatedly back and forth, and run his hands through his hair in frustration.

'Oh, I just don't believe this! What next?!' "Nuh...nuh...no...well...y-yes...I...I...I mean of course I know its you. It's just that Apollo..."

Cassie interrupted him by placing one of her fingers over his lips, "Now, now, don't get so worked up." She said soothingly, "Honestly, I'm beginning to see what Apollo was taking about! Listen, you're obviously taking our breakup harder than you realize. I know you haven't been seeing anyone new..."

"C-Cas...uh...I...uh..."

"Shssssh, no, no, just listen. Why don't you come over to my place after I get off duty and we'll talk and make you feel all better. You just miss your little Cassie-Kins..."

'Somebody just shoot me in the head!' "But...no...Apollo...he needs..."

"Shssh." 'Not again with the finger shushing!' he thought frantically, backing away from her. 

"Don't worry about a thing. I'll tell Apollo you'll be in good hands and he needn't worry about you." Cassie practically cooed.

"AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!!" Starbuck was now pulling on his hair from sheer frustration.

"Starbuck! Calm down!" She turned towards a nearby cabinet, "I'm going give you a sedative, then have Apollo take you back to his place to lie down. I'll just pick you up there after duty and until then Apollo can stay with you to keep you from upsetting yourself further."

"But Apollo is..." Starbuck sputters as he feels an injection on his arm, then sinks down on the nearby examining table.

***

Finding Apollo in the waiting room, Cassie rushes to him.

"Well, what do you think Cas?" Apollo asked with surprising calm considering how upset he was the first time she saw him. Must be my reassuring presence, Cassie thought to herself smugly.

"Well, I'm glad you brought him in when you did because I see what you mean about his behavior. I'm afraid he had one of his outbursts in the room and I had to sedate him."

"That's terrible." Apollo said, still acting cool and calm.

"Don't worry though. I found out what the problem is, and I've got everything under control." She said confidently. "Would you mind taking him back to your place until I get off work? He's kinda out of it but he can still walk."

"No problem."  Apollo replied cheerfully.

"You know Apollo, Starbuck is very lucky to have such a stable friend like you."

"Oh believe me, I know."

Was that a smirk she saw on his face? Naaaah.

***

Back at Apollo's.

After listening to Starbuck's drugged, nearly incoherent mutterings to himself of  'I'm not crazy. He's crazy. I'll tell you what else. She's crazy too. Both crazy. Them crazy. Me not. Crazy him.' the entire way back to his quarters, Apollo sighed to himself and shook his head sadly at several passersby who were giving them odd looks. Starbuck sure was losing it. Poor guy!

Unlocking the door and leading Starbuck inside, he turned to Starbuck and with an evil grin and mimicked in a silky voice, "He crazy, me crazy," then he chuckled darkly. "Really Precious, you're really going have to learn to behave yourself. People might start to talk," another dark chuckle. "As it is Cassie has confined you to my bed for the rest of the afternoon. Wasn't that thoughtful of her? Hmmmmm?" Apollo drawled.

Starbuck looked blearily at him, shaking his head to try to clear the fog of the sedative, "You know Pol, I really do need to lay down. I'm suddenly not feeling very well at all." Starbuck said fuzzily as he allowed Apollo to lead him to the bedroom.

"You poor, poor dear. You just lie down here on the bed and rest. I'm gonna take such gooood care of you, Angel Face. Very, very good care." Apollo breathed in a low whisper.

"Hmmm. Good care..." Starbuck trailed off. Feeling his clothes being gently pulled off. Warm kisses softly trailed down his chest then back up again, a warm face nuzzling his neck, then moving upwards to claim his mouth. Floating on a sea of sensation, Starbuck parted his lips and returned the kiss languidly. Then not so languidly as he felt a strong hand caressing his hardening cock and another hand teasing at his erect nipples.

He reached up to return the caresses, but Apollo gently stopped him. "No, no," he crooned, "you just lie still now and let me take care of you, Muffin."

'Muffin?' "But Pol..." Starbuck murmered huskily.

"Ah, ah, ah. Not another word." Speaking in a softer whisper still.

He felt the soft lips trailing down the length of him again, and let himself relax. Soon the lips were teasing the length of his penis, to be followed by the feel of a hot, wet mouth engulfing it. The soft moans that were escaping Starbuck became steadily louder as Apollo began moving his mouth up and down slowly along the length of Starbuck's shaft.

Soon he found himself writhing about uncontrollably on the bed. He let out a surprised gasp as he felt a moist finger enter him and begin moving in the same slow rhythm as the mouth. Another finger, then another finger. Then nothing.

He struggled to sit up but was pushed back down. "Ah, ah, ah." Whispered again. His legs were pushed high up in the air, coming to rest on broad shoulders. Then something else pressed at his opening, beginning to enter slowly until he felt completely filled. He was in absolute heaven!

Apollo began to move inside him in an increasingly steady rhythm while his hand began pumping Starbuck's engorged organ at the same pace. Starbuck could actually feel himself floating, then stars exploded behind his eyes as he reached climax, then moments later Apollo reaching his.

The last thing he remembered before sleep claimed him was Apollo's warm breath close to his face.

***

When he next awoke he was alone. He couldn't help the feeling of disappointment that washed over him at that but at least he and Apollo had finally reached a turning point in their relationship. He couldn't believe the things Apollo had done to him!

By the timepiece on the bedside table he could see it was almost dinnertime. He decided he'd take a quick turbowash to wash away the stickiness of their previous lovemaking. It wouldn't do to be smelling of fresh sex when Cassieopea stopped over. He had enough to deal with her today already without having to explain that.

Smiling happily and humming to himself, he quickly dressed and headed out to the living area. He found Apollo cooking at the stove and sidled up behind him and slid his arms around his waist. Nuzzling the back of his neck he purred, "Hello Lover."

Apollo whirled around suddenly in surprise and dropped the spatula he was holding. "Starbuck! Stop that! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Well...I...well I was just...you know..." Starbuck stammered, confused.

"I was hoping you'd be more your old self when you woke up, but I can see your nap didn't help much." Apollo said sadly.

"What! But Pol you...well I thought it helped a *lot* as a matter of fact!"

"Well I don't know what brought that little incident on but you just can't go around groping people at random and kissing their necks. I just can't imagine what's gotten into you lately."

"You Don't?" bewilderment quickly turning to hurt, "Apollo, if you don't want people to know about us that's okay. But it's just the two of here now." 'I think so anyway.'

"Know about us? What are you talking about? Everyone knows about us, we've been best friends practically forever."

"No, I meant the other thing...well, you know."

"Other thing? Starbuck you're looking a little flushed, maybe you'd better sit down. Can I get you a glass of water?" asked Apollo with concern in his voice.

Starbuck just gaped at him a moment before sitting down and rubbing his forehead with his hands. 'What the frak was going on with him?'

The door chimed.

"That'll be Cassie, she called while you were sleeping and I invited her to stay for dinner. Boxey's staying with his grandfather tonight so it'll be just the three of us and we can have a nice relaxing dinner and talk about what's been going on with you, okay?" That worried expression was back on Apollo's face.

Starbuck just grunted and continued rubbing his forehead. 'Lords do I ever feel a headache coming on.'

***

As Apollo escorted Cassieopea in she whispered to him, "How's he doing?"

"Not much better I'm afraid. He slept all afternoon and then woke up acting even stranger than he was before." Apollo confided.

They both fell silent as they entered the kitchen. Starbuck looked up when he heard them enter and gave them a half-hearted smile.

"Hello Starbuck, how're we this evening?" Cassie asked in a tone usually reserved for speaking to small children.

"Same as I've *always* been, Cass." He replied petulantly.

Apollo and Cassie exchanged a condescending look.

"Okay then," Apollo put in, "The food's not quite finished cooking yet so why don't you both go on out to the livingroom and make yourselves at home? I'll call you in a few centons when everything's ready."

After exchanging another look with Apollo, Cassie turned and headed out of the kitchen. Starbuck was on his way out after her when he felt a strong hand grab his ass and give it a firm squeeze. He turned and Apollo gave him a wink and a leer.

"What was that for?"

"What was what for?" Apollo asked innocently, his green eyes wide.

Starbuck decided just to let that little incident pass without further remark for the sake of his own sanity and headed out to the other room without saying another word.

Alone in the kitchen, Apollo didn't even bother to try to hide the big smirk that slowly crept across his face.

***

In the livingroom Cassieopea was sitting on the longseat staring at Starbuck, "Is something wrong, Hon?"

"No, no. Everything's just fine." Starbuck replied without conviction.

Not wanting to get too close to her, 'she had enough wrong ideas in her head about him already,' he sat in the armchair on the other side of the room.

"Why so shy all of a sudden?" she asked, moving to sit on the arm of Starbuck's chair. "I was hoping we'd have a few minutes to talk privately before dinner. You know, just the two of us," she said, trailing her fingers lightly up and down his arm.

"Cass, I don't think..." Starbuck began, shifting nervously.

"That's okay Starbuck, I think you've been doing entirely *way* too much thinking lately, don't you?" Cassie interrupted in a sweet voice.

"Exactly what do you mean by that?" he replied indignantly.

"Shssh. No need to get all agitated. I just meant all the strain you've been under lately."

"Agitated? Strain? Apollo's the one who..."

Kissing his mouth lightly, "Shssssh. Don't worry, after dinner you and I will go back to my place and..."

"Dinner's ready." Apollo called from the kitchen doorway.

Starbuck, getting more incensed by the centon and ignoring Apollo completely,  jumped up and snapped angrily at her, "Shsssh. Shssssh. Don't Shsssh me! I hate it when you shsssh me! That's all you ever do lately! Shssssh. Shssssh. Shssssh. Exactly who do I have to kill to finish a sentence around here?!"

Cassieopea got up from the arm of the chair and moved nervously to stand by Apollo.

"Nobody, Starbuck," Apollo said in a soothing voice, "What sentence are you trying to finish?"

"Well first of all, you can both stop looking at me like that!" Starbuck sputtered angrily, "And second of all...well, I'm too mad now and I forgot what I was going to say!"

"Okay, would you like to come eat dinner now?" Apollo asked gently.

"Yes. Furthermore, when I said I was mad I meant angry mad, not crazy mad." Starbuck grumbled irritably, starting to head towards the kitchen.

"We know, Starbuck," Cassie said softly, "Come eat now, okay?"

"Fine. Just so we have that clear." Starbuck said, beginning to feel a little silly for his outburst. 'I really need to get a grip on my temper.' He thought to himself.

Apollo stopped him with a hand on his arm, allowing Cassie to go on ahead. He stared deep into Starbuck's blue eyes for a long moment, then leaned forward, stuck his tongue in his ear and wiggled it. "Crystal clear," he whispered then slipped into the kitchen.

***
Starbuck followed him into the kitchen, glaring at him, "I know you're up to something." He stated.

"I cooked one of your favorites, and with those little baby vegetables that you like so much on the side." Apollo said as if Starbuck hadn't said a word.

"Smells great!" Cassie chimed in, already placing her napkin on her lap.

Apollo began piling everyone's plates with food. "Oh, it was nothing really." He said airily.

"Okay, that's it!" Starbuck said, stamping his foot,  "I don't know what kind of game you're playing Apollo, but I want you to stop it! Right now!"

They both looked at him, startled.

"Maybe I should give him another sedative?" Cassie mouthed to Apollo.

Apollo shook his head slightly at Cassie in a negative motion. 'The last thing I need is for a drugged up Starbuck to be going home with Cassie!'

Apollo smiled at Starbuck sweetly. "Can I talk to you for a centon alone?" Snatching him by the arm and pulling him into the other room. "Are you nuts?!"

"Excuse me?"

"I. Said. Are. You. Nuts?"

Starbuck continued to stare at him stupidly.

"I thought we were having fun, Babe?"

"Fun?"

"Are you having a problem with your hearing? Weren't you having fun?" Apollo continued, "I know I did."

"Fun? Hearing?" Starbuck replied stupidly.

"You know, your nap? Hmmmm?"

"Oooooh, I get it. I think. That was all a joke?"

"Not by a long shot."

The door chimed, again.

"Were you expecting someone?" a miffed Starbuck asked.

"Boomer!" Apollo exclaimed, "I thought you'd never get here!"

"There's no place I'd rather be." Boomer said with a big grin.

Apollo swiftly ushered Boomer in,  "Cassie and I have been waiting for you!"

"And Starbuck?" Boomer asked in a low voice.

"Still confused, not to worry. Come eat, the food's on the table."

Apollo nudged Boomer, "Look at the expression on his face! It's priceless!"

Meanwhile, Starbuck still couldn't get the stupefied look off of his face. "Boomer?"

"Yesssss?" he replied.

"Boomer?"

Again he replied, "Yesss?"

"Apollo invited you to dinner too?"

"Well of course, what are friends for?"

'One of these days I WILL finish a whole thought. Meanwhile, what the Hades is going on?!' Starbuck thinks to himself.

The door chimes again, "Enter," responds Boomer.

"Boomer? Shouldn't Apollo be answering that?" 'When am I ever going to figure out what's going on here? For that matter, Arrrrggggh!' 'That seems to be the only thought I *can* complete lately, so I'm gonna stick with that.' (Big Sigh!)

***

The door opens, a young Ensign that Starbuck didn't recognize entered and handed a plain wrapped package to Boomer.

"Thank you so much, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this," Boomer grinned widely at the young Ensign who responded with a mumbled, "We're even right?" and hastily beat a retreat towards the door.

Starbuck looks at Boomer suspiciously, "What was that about?"

"Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about," and with a wink he and Apollo disappeared into the kitchen.

"You coming, Starbuck?" Cassie called, "The foods gonna get cold."

Starbuck is at this point not sure whether he should go into the kitchen or follow the young Ensigns lead and head towards the door with all due haste. Curiosity wins out and he headed into the kitchen.

***

Upon entering he found Boomer, Apollo, and Cassie already eating and chatting amicably about nothing of any consequence. The mysterious package is nowhere in sight.

Starbuck narrowed his eyes at them, but sat down anyway, saying nothing.

"So, Starbuck," Boomer turned to him, "I hear you haven't been feeling well lately?"

"I've been feeling as well as can be expected under the circumstances, but then, I have a feeling you already *know* that, don't you?" Starbuck turned his gaze on him, suspicion still growing.

"Know what old buddy, and what circumstances are you talking about?" Boomer asked with that patented 'Who me? I just work here.' look.

"The little game Apollo's been playing with my head. I know you're in on it. I just know it."

"In on it? What are you talking about buddy?" Boomer exchanged a glance with Apollo and Cassie.

"That...that right there! I saw that look!" Starbuck's voice rose accusingly.

"Starbuck, calm down," Cassie said in that now really annoying soothing voice. "He just looked at us, that's all."

"Exactly, and I saw the *way* he looked at you. Don't think I didn't."

"The *way* he looked at us?" Apollo asked.

Starbuck could've sworn he saw a trace of a smile on Apollo's face.

"I saw that!" he accused.

"Saw what?" No smile now, just wide eyed innocence and Boomer and Cassie looking at him like he had just sprouted another head. The three of them exchanged another one of *those* looks.

"There's that look again...and you were smiling...and...I know you're all plotting something...and...well...I don't have to put up with this...I'll let you something else...you...you..."

"Believe me Starbuck, no one here is smiling." Boomer interrupted with a concerned frown.

"Starbuck, honey, we're worried about you. Believe me I know more than anyone how difficult this past week must have been for you." Boomer and Apollo both give her an indecipherable look at this last remark. "Don't worry though, we're all here for you." She got up and went over to him. "Especially me." She whispered in his ear.

Cassieopea moved even closer to a very uncomfortable Starbuck, practically sitting on his lap. "You know you need to eat. You need to keep up your strength." She cooed, then leaned forward to capture his mouth with hers for a deep kiss.

Picking up a morsel of food from his plate, she placed it in his mouth letting her fingers linger there.

Apollo and Boomer exchanged another look, and decided to put an end to this unwelcome development.

"Uh, Cas, why don't we let Starbuck finish his *own* dinner." Apollo said pointedly.

"Of course," Cassie smiled at him sweetly. 'Apollo can be such a wet rag sometimes.' She thought irritably, then moved back to her own chair.

A flustered Starbuck just continued to chew and watch everyone very closely. Very closely. 'Are they all in this together? I don't like the looks they keep giving each other. I don't think any one of them can be trusted. Look at them just sitting there, eating their dinner as if they aren't either guilty as sin or crazy as loons. Rotten borays!'

***

Suddenly he noticed all of them were staring at him with open mouths. "What'd I do now?"

"Rotten borays!" all three chorused.

'Uh oh, I didn't say that out loud?'

"We *were* going to be nice about this but since you're getting more rude and offensive by the centon, I think we should just get it out in the open!" Apollo stated with no small trace of anger. 'Borays! Oh, he's gonna pay for that one!' he fumed inwardly.

"Don't get us wrong. We don't think you're losing it Starbuck, we *know* you've *lost* it." Boomer added curtly.

Cassie sniffled dramatically into her napkin.

"I didn't mean...Wait a minute LOST it!? What's that crack supposed to mean?" Starbuck accused "That's it I don't owe any of you an explanation! I'm leaving!"

Starbuck stood up so abruptly, that he overturned his chair as he stormed out of the room and out of Apollo's quarters, muttering to himself as he stalked angrily down the corridor.

***

In the kitchen, the three looked at each other for a moment, surprised at this development. Boomer was the one who finally jumped to his feet and rushed after Starbuck.

Catching up with him halfway down the corridor, yelling, "Starbuck! Wait!"

Starbuck tried to ignore him but the events of the past secton were weakening his resolve? State of mind? ...well, something.

He slowed his pace hoping and not hoping that Boomer would catch up with him. Boomer did catch up with him. Didn't he know he would?

"Starbuck," Boomer had his hand on his arm, "Starbuck, please stop and talk to me, please?"

"I want to Boomer, but people have been acting so strange lately and..."

"I know."

"You know?"

"Yeah, its one of the things I want to talk to you about...alone."

'Finally, someone on HIS side,' Starbuck thought.

"Look, I how you and Apollo are fond of the Astrodome. I know you're probably not in the mood to talk about Apollo now, but we can have some privacy. To talk." Boomer reassured him sincerely.

Starbuck let out a long breath. "Okay, I could really use a friend to talk to."

Boomer grinned, "Aren't I always here for you buddy."

Together they left, arms around each others shoulders, for the Astrodome.

***

Upon entering the Astrodome, Boomer grasped Starbuck by the shoulders, "I need you to listen to me," he said seriously, "I know how you're feeling now, I've had the same feelings myself."

"You have?"

"Yes. More than you could know right now."

"What's going on then? Apollo 'the Tiger', Cassieopea 'the simpering leech'? Frankly, I don't even want to go near anyone else I know for fear of what might happen next."

"It's okay, Buddy, I'm here and I'm on your side. Just tell me what you're feeling so I can help you." Boomer implored, coming up behind him and wrapping his arms around him in a loving embrace.

Starbuck, near tears with the need to have someone understand him, BELIEVE him, melted into the embrace. "I just need for someone to be constant, to be the person that I know, or thought I knew...that isn't even true," he sighed, "I *need* someone...someone to believe me...believe *in* me."

"I believe in you."

After the week he'd had, those words were all it took to make Starbuck turn to mush. He turned in Boomer's embrace to face him. He didn't even know who started the kiss, only that he didn't want it to stop.

"Boom-Boom?" he whispered throatily when they broke slowly apart.

"Starbuck." Boomer gasped back, then went to lick a trail from Starbuck's mouth, down his throat, stopping to lick at that delicious little hollow in the center. 'Apollo would kill me for this. That is *if* he knew.' Boomer thought, rationality quickly leaving him.

"Boomer?"

"Mmmmmmm?"

"Make me feel good again, make me feel like I'm loved." //Cherished? Needed?// He didn't know, only that he *wanted*.

Boomer couldn't resist, 'but then who could?' he thought, 'I could, oh Sagan, maybe I could. Stop...stopping...stopping any centon now... I seem to have forgotten that train of thought. How could I possibly stop?' With that he lowered himself onto his knees slowly, licking a trail from where his lips had previously clung to  Starbuck's throat, down his muscular, rapidly panting chest, and finally to the place he knew Starbuck needed him most.

Oh, Lords help him, he needed him right now!

He wrapped his mouth around Starbuck's pulsing, throbbing...oh, when had he lost the ability to think? Apollo had promised him this someday. Someday had seemed a distant, very distant thing.

Now he was here, here with his mouth wrapped around Starbuck's cock. Looking up at him, Starbuck looking back at him, while he was engulfing him with his mouth. Treasuring the completely //immersed/aroused/wanton?// expressions that he saw flittering across Starbuck's face...well...too many emotions were there to begin to comprehend, the desire he could see coursing through both him, and Starbuck was more than he could take. More than he should've been expected to take.

He forcibly pulled his mouth off of Starbuck's cock with a mental shake, knowing there was one thing he desired even more. To take Starbuck completely.

He respected Apollo, but then, sometimes Apollo could be the fool. In fact, he'd been humoring his righteous notions for yahrens. Apollo was great in bed, but sometimes he wondered, he'd never been able to figure out what made Appy tick.

The sensations that were ripping through both of them were beyond words. Starbuck needed. Boomer wanted. A perfect combination.

Boomer kept Starbuck on his back, raising his legs above his own shoulders so that he could bury himself in his most secret fantasy's innermost hole. Starbuck only whimpered with need and raised them further for easier access.

'One way or another this man was going to be the death of him', Boomer thought for all of 2 microns before inserting 2 fingers into the extremely aroused anus so prettily presented before him. Scissoring his fingers back and forth to get him ready, wanting to prepare him, but no longer able to wait, he plunged in, trying desperately not to come with the first downward stroke and the moan that it elicited from his partner.

Starbuck moaned loudly, "Pl...pl...please..."

Boomer's eyes rolled back in his head, he was having enough trouble holding back already, Starbuck's last statement was his undoing. He reached around to the front of Starbuck, (determined to make this event as pleasurable as possible for him also) then stroked him in time with his own thrusts deep within him.

Boomer came first, with a loud yell, although he was trying to clench his teeth and make it a grunt. Starbuck came shortly after, though he didn't even try to hide the sound of his ecstasy.

Afterwards, finally, despite his struggle not to, Boomer collapsed on top of Starbuck, burying his head in his neck. After a long while, they both came back to themselves.

"Starbuck."

"Hmmmm." Starbuck sighed contentedly.

"There's something you should know." Boomer said nervously.

"Yeah, Boom." Starbuck murmured, "What's that?"

"Well, you know how I said that I don't think there's anything wrong with you?"

"You weren't just saying that were you?" Starbuck asked, getting a little defensive.

"No, no." Boomer was quick to reassure him, "It's just that I don't think there's anything wrong with Apollo either. Well not really anyway."

"So are you gonna let me what his problem is. Yours too for that matter. And what was with that 'special delivery' earlier?"

"Uhmmm...well its kinda hard to know where to begin..." Boomer began hesitantly.

Starbuck just stared at him expectantly, hoping he wasn't gonna do one of those weird mood changes on him.

"Well, it all started with a discussion Apollo and I were having over drinks in the OC. Joking around really. But I'm kinda starting to feel bad about the whole thing now..."

"Just kinda?" Starbuck asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Well, okay, I do feel bad. Anyway, we were talking and the subject kinda turned to you...well, you know how you always are bragging about your conquests, your experience, how good you are at this or that?"

"I don't think I brag *that* much." Starbuck said, growing defensive.

"Actually you sometimes do, sometimes more so than others. I want to think of a way to put this nicely...over the last sectar *way* more than others. Actually you've been a real pain in the ass lately."

"Somehow I think you could have thought of a nicer way to put that." Starbuck put in sarcastically.

"I could have also thought of a worse one. Now do you want me to finish telling you this or not?"

"Sure." Starbuck mumbled sourly.

"Anyway we got to talking about how fed up with it we were, and how much fun it would be to take you down a peg or two." Boomer finished.

"And?"

"And what?"

"Aren't you going to tell me about this evil scheme of yours?"

Boomer laughed, "No, I didn't say it was gonna kill ya. I just said I felt bad about how upset you were."

Starbuck stood up abruptly, "Boomer you had better be kidding me!" He warned.

Boomer laughed again, "What? Now you know you're not going crazy. You know the rest of us aren't crazy. Try to be a good sport about the rest of it."

"The rest of it?! Boomer so help me, you had *better* tell me!"

"Oh, come on, Starbuck," Boomer grinned, "You know you have a little comeuppance coming. Now lets get dressed. I'll buy you a drink in the OC."

"I'm not so sure I want to go anywhere near the OC with you." Starbuck pouted. "Furthermore, I'd say I'd already *had* my *comeuppance.*"

"Oh, for Sagan's sake," Boomer laughed as he began dressing, "Would you rather go back to the barracks and pout?"

"Oh all right," Starbuck said petulantly as he began getting dressed himself, "But I'm still gonna beat the frak out of Apollo."

"Yeah we know, we know. You can beat anyone anytime at anything. The rest of us mere mortals can only stand in awe of your magnificence."

"I've really been that bad?"

"Yeah, really." Boomer said with a good natured grin, "We'll get over it though. Now lets get that drink."

***

On the way to the OC Starbuck asked, "Boomer, what was in that package?"

Boomer only looked at him and grinned.

A few centons later, "Boomer, was Cassie in on this too?"

"Nah. Cassieopea is just...well, Cassieopea."

"I get your point." Starbuck smirked.

A few moments silence, then, "Boomer?"

"Yes, Starbuck."

"I have ways of making you tell me the rest of the plan." Starbuck said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Boomer smirked, wiggled his eyebrows suggestively  back at Starbuck and said, "Starbuck, I have ways of making you forget how to think."

***

Reaching the OC, they found it wasn't that crowded. They decided to forgo their regular table and sit in a corner in the back, Starbuck joking that he wouldn't want to draw too much attention to himself.

Laughing Boomer went to the bar to get their drinks.

While waiting for him to return, Starbuck did find that he was feeling in much better spirits. He supposed they were right. Although he was still a little ticked off at their methods of letting him know they didn't like they way he'd been acting. Whatever happened to pulling him aside and just telling him? Not that he would have necessarily listened to them.

By the time Boomer returned to the table, he was actually feeling a little ashamed of himself. He smiled and thanked Boomer for the drink then insisted on buying the next round.

"You bet you will," Boomer joked, "You're lucky I bought this one."

Starbuck grinned sheepishly and they lapsed into friendly conversation. Starbuck making a special effort to keep the conversation steered towards Boomer and not towards himself. He listened attentively to everything Boomer was saying and tried not to comment overly much.

His mind tried to wander to his recent sexual encounters with his two best friends, but he quickly forced the thoughts away. He could save those thoughts for later. The last thing he needed to do now was start daydreaming in the middle of their conversation. He was actually feeling pretty pleased with himself until he saw Boomer waving his hand in front of his face.

"Starbuck? Starbuck?"

He snapped back to himself quickly and actually blushed. "I'm really sorry Boomer. I was listening, its really not what you think."

Boomer leaned closer, grinning wolfishly, "Judging by that blush, I think I have a pretty good idea what you were thinking about."

Another blush.

Leaning forward a little more, "You know its really not that late and..." Boomer began.

"Starbuck, I've been looking all over for you!" Cassie rushed up to their table, that worried look on her face again. "I'm glad to see that Boomer found you! You really shouldn't be wandering around alone. Come on let me take you back to my place and take care of you. You hardly ate a thing tonight you know. That's not going to help you feel better and under the circumstances..."

Starbuck dropped his head to the table with a thump and a loud sigh.

"He's still doing that, huh?" Cassie whispered over his head to Boomer.

"Uhhh...not as much as he was, Cas." Boomer reassured. "Listen, I think I'll just take him back to the barracks with me. We have a few things we need to talk about."

"Oh no, he and I have a few things to talk about too. He also needs to be with someone much more qualified to deal with this kind of thing. I know that you want to help, Boomer, but I *am* a professional." Cassie admonished. "We both appreciate the offer, but your talk will have to wait. You understand don't you?"

Boomer resisted the urge to make a crack involving which kind of *professional* and sighed, giving Starbuck an apologetic look. A look Starbuck didn't see since he now had gone from resting his head on the table to lightly banging his head on the table.

Cassieopea pulled Starbuck gently by the sleeve, "Come on, Starbuck. Everything is going to be okay. You'll see."

Starbuck looked up at Boomer, who gave him another apologetic look and a shrug. Starbuck returned the look with a glare and, not wanting to cause a scene, allowed Cassieopea to lead him from the room.

He suddenly remembered why he'd stayed with her as long as he had. It was because she wouldn't let him leave!

***

Boomer cursed his luck, finished his drink, Starbuck's too for that matter, and decided to go back to Apollo's.

Upon arriving, he found Apollo casually lounging on the longseat. Seeing Boomer enter he sat up, "Well?"

Boomer shrugged, "He's at Cassie's."

"What? I thought you were going to go get him?"

"I did. Then Cassie showed up and did the 'Cassie thing'," Boomer rolled his eyes, "and that was that."

"I swear, if he gets back together with her, I'm not sure who I'm gonna kill: myself, her or him."

Boomer just made a snort/snickering sound and nodded.

***

Upon arriving at Cassie's, Starbuck found himself propelled directly towards the longseat.

"You just lay here, I'm gonna fix you a drink and a little snack." Cassieopea said softly, yet insistently.

Starbuck nodded his head mutely. 'Oh Lords, how do I get myself into these things.' He thought to himself. Then he laid down. He was starting to feel a headache coming on.

He could hear Cassieopea humming to herself in the kitchen, then she returned a little while later to set a small plate of finger foods on the little table that was in front of the longseat, then moments again after with two glasses of ambrosa.

'This is gonna be a looooong night.' Starbuck thought miserably.

Starbuck sat up and Cassie sat down next to him, handing him a glass of ambrosa. "So, Starbuck. Why don't we talk about what's been going on with you lately. What's been going on with you and Me lately." She said leaning close and looking deeply into his eyes.

She leaned close to him, an almost feral look in her eyes.

Starbuck was at a loss. It just wasn't in him to turn someone with such an obvious emotional need away. He definitely understood emotional needs.

He wanted desperately to help her, to fill the need, the empty space. He returned the kiss as she claimed his mouth with hers. The events of the last few sectons had been playing havoc with him. Still the guilt was warring with his true feelings.

She wasn't who he wanted. Truth be told, she never was and never would be. Like a punch in the gut, he remembered what first drew him to her. Need...the need to have someone listen, someone understand...someone care...

He didn't find that with her, never would. He couldn't blame her, the way he had acted, the way she had acted. Two people looking for something they wanted but wouldn't find with each other.

The door chimed.

They both groaned in unison. Both thinking, 'this won't be good'.

"Enter," Cassie called unenthusiastically, tiredly.

The door slid open, and the most unexpected person stood there. Recovering themselves somewhat, they spoke almost in unison, "Sheba?"

"Well, yeah. Were you expecting someone?"

"Ummm, no. It's just that we weren't expecting you to drop by." Starbuck all but stuttered. "I'll go now."

"Why?" Sheba queried.

"I was trying to be polite. I assume you girls have things to talk about."

"Starbuck, don't be ridiculous, I came to see you, how *you* were doing, I've been a little worried about you."

"You two don't like each other, in fact, you *HATE* each other. You always have, you always will." Cassie interated.

"Well, things can change, people change..."

Cassie fumed. 'I'll kill her!', she thought maliciously.

Sheba smiled back at her sweetly before crossing the room and pulling Starbuck up by his arm from the longseat. "Come on, I'll take you back to the barracks and we can talk. What you need is someone who really understands the stress that military life can put on you." Sheba said, her voice dripping with honey.

'Who needs ambrosa to make your head spin when you have these people?!' Starbuck thought as he allowed Sheba to pull him up. A plan began to form in his head.

Cassie grabbed his other arm, "I understand just fine, thank you, Sheba." Cass ground out, "But Starbuck is just fine where he is. We appreciate your concern, but I have things well in hand here. Goodbye, dear." Cassieopea said this last remark looking pointedly at this unwelcome visitor.

"No. I don't think you do have things well in *hand*. If you did, I wouldn't feel the need to come here and rescue Starbuck from your clutches, *Dear*." Sheba said, sweetness still in her voice.

"Clutches...clutches..." Cassie sputtered before lunging at Sheba, reaching for her throat.

Starbuck used the distraction to make a very hasty exit, looking back at the door repeatedly while hurrying away. Making sure neither one of his latest headaches were going to notice his absence and give chase.

As he rounded the corner, he breathed a sigh of relief. 'Home free, thank Sagan...' Suddenly he ran into a hard wall. 'Uh oh'.

"I've been looking for you," the wall said.

"A-a-apollo. I was just coming to f-find you." Starbuck stammered.

"I'm sure you were. Now that we've found each other, how about we go to my quarters, hmmmm?"

"S-sure." 'There goes that head spinning thing again,' Starbuck thought miserably. 'Never did find out what Apollo had planned for me. Mental note: next time I see Boomer, Smack Him.'

***

Back at Apollo's quarters:

Upon entering, Starbuck turned back to Apollo, "Listen, Pol..."

"Pol? The last time I checked my name wasn't 'Pol'. I know we've been friends for awhile but 'Pol?' that's awfully presumptuous don't you think?"

"You can drop the act now, I know what's going on." Starbuck said nervously as Apollo stepped closer. "Boomer told me everything." Starbuck bluffed.

"Told you everything about what?"

"Stop it *Apollo* you're starting to make me nervous."

"Just starting to?" Apollo purred in that tone that made the hairs on the back of Starbuck's neck stand up.

"Drop the act, I know what's going on!" 'Well some of the time anyway.' Starbuck silently added.

"Starbuck, you're acting crazy again." Apollo soothed, "Let me make you feel better."

Starbuck knew Apollo was still toying with him, but that last remark about making him *feel better* was putting wicked thoughts in his head. 'Maybe I could turn this situation around a little... Bad Starbuck bad, that attitude is what got you into this mess in the first place! Then again...'

"You know Apollo, I am feeling a little dizzy. Maybe I should lie down for awhile?" Starbuck grinned at him innocently.

"I agree completely." Apollo said.

Starbuck just nodded his head vigorously in agreement.

"Here's a thought..."

"What?" Starbuck asked with more than a little trepidation..

"Come here." Apollo said. It was more of a statement than a question.

"Where?"

"Here. Now." Was the answer.

Starbuck reluctantly moved towards him. He knew what Apollo was gesturing to. He reluctantly laid himself across the lap that was now waiting for him.

He jerked his head up suddenly but the hand on the back of his neck stopped him, "Is something wrong?"

Apollo gave him a half a grin, "Look down. Then guess."

"Gee, Apollo," Starbuck all but smirked, the smart alek comment all but bursting from his mouth,  "I saw, I came, I conquered...hahaha!"

"Close, but not quite."  Apollo answered smugly. Too smugly.

Starbuck suddenly redefined stuttering, "Y-you w-wouldn't!"

"I would and I will."

SMACK!!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! "I'm not real fond of SMACK!!!! SMACK!!!!!! Smart alek attitudes. This discussion can SMACK!!! SMACK!!!  last... SMACK!!! As long as SMACK!!! You want it to. SMACK!!! Furthermore, SMACK!! SMACK!!!!!!

Starbuck, who now has tears in his eyes, "Stop!"

SMACK!!!!

"Pol, please. It hurts so much."

Apollo stopped, for now anyway.

Taking advantage of the momentary lapse, "Apollo?"

Apollo crumbled. He'd hurt him so much. His best friend and love just took it.

A weakened, tired voice, "Apollo? Please don't leave. I - I need you.

"Leave? What do mean don't leave? What makes you think I'm going anywhere?" Apollo asked.

A still distraught Starbuck replied, "Well, Boomer told me how upset you were with me and I'd do anything not to lose your friendship."

"Yeah, I have been pretty ticked off at you. It certainly doesn't mean that we're not friends anymore. I can't believe you would even think that!"

"I wouldn't blame you. I'm not always the easiest person to be around."

Apollo pulled Starbuck up so that he was now sitting in his lap and embraced him. "You could *never* make me that mad. Don't you know I love you?"

"Really?" Starbuck asked, his eyes misting up again.

"Really." Apollo said firmly before kissing him breathless.

They broke apart for air and Starbuck gave him a heart-melting smile before leaning in for another intense kiss.

Breaking apart again, Apollo looked Starbuck up and down and chuckled, "Maybe we should take this to the other room."

Starbuck looked at himself and chuckled too. He had forgotten that Apollo had lowered his pants down around his knees earlier and the evidence of his arousal was now freely bobbing against Apollo's stomach.

Starbuck got up, removed the rest of his clothing completely and pulled Apollo along with him, heading towards the bedroom. It took awhile to reach it as they kept stopping along the way and kissing each other deeply.

Once there, Starbuck shoved Apollo onto the bed and began pulling at his clothes. Apollo was more than helpful, not wanting to wait a moment longer to press his naked body against Starbuck's.

The last time with Apollo was great, this time was even better. They licked and caressed each other with feverish intensity, unable to get enough of each other. Starbuck made his way down to Apollo's throbbing erection and swirled his tongue around the head causing Apollo to gasp and buck beneath him. Starbuck just grinned to himself then plunged his mouth down upon him fully, taking the entire length of him in his mouth.

Apollo whimpered uncontrollably as Starbuck began to move his mouth up and down in a steady rhythm. "Starbuck...I...can't...hold on..." Apollo gasped.

Starbuck only increased the pace until Apollo screamed his name and came forcefully in his mouth. Starbuck greedily swallowed every drop, milking him until Apollo's movements subsided completely.

Crawling back up to him, he kissed him deeply. Then deeper still until Apollo was moaning into his mouth.

Starbuck leaned back a little, gazed deeply into Apollo's eyes and said, "Did I mention I love you too? By the way, where's the lube?"

Apollo laughed breathlessly, "That was almost really romantic, until the end there."

Starbuck chuckled throatily, "What can I say, I'm quite the charmer."

"The lube's in the drawer over there." His cock was beginning to stir again at the thought. Not to mention the sight of Starbuck's ass as he bent over to retrieve it.

Starbuck turned back to him grinning lewdly, lube in hand. "Roll over I want you from behind."

Apollo's erection was at full mast by this time and he complied eagerly.

He felt Starbuck's hands caressing his back and buttocks, then his tongue follow the same trail until it dipped between his cheeks to trail circles around his opening. A loud involuntary groan escaped him at the incredible sensation.

Determined to make Apollo's first orgasm pale by comparison to his second, Starbuck kept it up for long centons until Apollo was begging him to take him.

Finally taking mercy on him, Starbuck inserted a lubed finger into his hole, which was readily accepted by his extremely aroused partner. He slowly added a second, wiggling them back and forth, and was about to add a third when Apollo's loud cry of, "Plllleeeaaase Starbuck...pllllleeeeeeaaaaase...now...!" encouraged him to pull his fingers out and begin inserting his weeping erection into him.

He couldn't believe how tight and how incredibly hot Apollo felt. He'd imagined this situation happening before but reality had nothing on his imagination! As he gradually worked himself fully inside, stopping from time to time as the sensation became too much, he began to drown out Apollo's moans of ecstasy with his own.

Finally fully inside, he began slowing moving in and out, pumping Apollo's organ in a matching rhythm, increasing his pace until they were both in an incoherent frenzy. Moving faster and faster until Starbuck exploded deep inside Apollo with a loud moan/yell sound. Moments later he felt Apollo spurt all over his hand and the bedsheet with a cry of his own.

Starbuck collapsed on top of him, breathing heavily and laid there until both of their breathing slowed. He rolled off of him onto his back eventually and an exhausted Apollo curled up next to him and drifted off to sleep.

***

Starbuck lay awake listening to Apollo's even breathing, thinking about the recent events. He supposed he should have been worn out too, but the evenings excitement had him a little keyed up.

Then the thought popped into his head, 'What *was* in that package that was delivered earlier?'

He tried to push the thought out of his mind and go to sleep. Apollo felt so good lying snuggled up next to him.

'Hmmmmm. I know its under the sink. I could just take a peek while Apollo's asleep... Naaaah. Apollo would probably be really mad. Then again, he didn't tell me not to look at it. What harm could it possibly do?'

Slipping slowly and quietly out of bed, Starbuck headed as silently as possible to the kitchen. Once there he headed directly for the cabinet where he knew the package was, stealing a look over his shoulder every so often. So far so good.

He opened the cabinet and found the package he was looking for. 'Frak! It was sealed shut with adhesive. He considered the problem a few moments, turning the package over and over. No rattling sounds. Not too heavy either. Naaaah, not enough info to give me any real clues.'

'Hmmmmmm... I bet I could steam the adhesive open, see what's inside, then reseal it, and no one will be any the wiser.' Not admitting outright to himself that going to these excessive measures would mean he definitely shouldn't be doing this. 'In fact, if I don't like what I find inside, and I probably won't according to Boomer, I can switch the contents with something I *do* like.' He thought with a grin.

That in mind he put a pan of water on the stove to boil and waited. He couldn't wait to see the look on Apollo and Boomer's faces when they found out he'd outsmarted them.

After steam began to rise from the pan, he held the package over it and gently rotated it.

He was so concentrated on his task that he almost dropped the package into the pan in surprise at the, "Ah Hmm."  sound that came from the doorway.

"Apollo!" he gasped.

"You wanna tell me what you think you're doing in here?"

"Uhmmm, making cocoa?" Starbuck answered weakly.

Apollo stood in the doorway with his arms crossed, "Mmm Hmm."

"Well..." Starbuck whined, "I just had to know what's in there...I just *had* to!"

"You wanna know what's in that so bad, I'll show you what's in it." Apollo said, grabbing the package from Starbuck's hands and ripping it open.

Holding the unwrapped box, he said, "Follow me." And headed back towards the bedroom.

Starbuck, feeling more than a little nervous, followed meekly after him.

Apollo opened the box and pulled out from the well padded packaging an oversized dildo, a cock ring, and a very painful looking leather strap and laid them on the bed. "C'mere."

"Here..." Starbuck squeaked, gesturing in the general direction of the bed.

"Yep. Right over here." Apollo said with his arms crossed. "You wanted to know didn't you?"

"I...I...I changed my mind." 'Gods, he wished his voice sounded steadier.'

"I don't think so. C'mere." Apollo said in a voice that brooked no argument.

"A-a-a-a-apollo. I think I want to go home now." Starbuck said weakly.

Apollo grinned evilly, "I don't think so." Then crooked his finger at Starbuck.

Sighing resignedly Starbuck moved to the place Apollo was indicating, which happened to be directly in front of Apollo and the bed. "Lay down Starbuck."

Starbuck reluctantly complied.

"Uh uh. On your stomach."

"S-s-stomach. Apollo, shouldn't Boomer be here? It was his p-package and all..."

"I really don't think we need him right now. Do You? Now bend your knees, butt up in the air where I can get to it." Apollo purred.

'Not again! I'm still sore from the last time!' "P-Pol..." Starbuck stammered nervously with a whine to his tone he couldn't quite hide.

"Turn over. Come on, don't make me wait." Apollo ordered.

Starbuck reluctantly complied. "W-what are you going to do?" He all but squeaked, already pretty sure he knew the answer.

"You'll find out soon enough." Apollo assured him.

'Uh Oh. This isn't gonna be good. Not good at all!'

Starbuck felt Apollo spread his legs apart, then felt something cool and wet against his anus. 'Uh Oh!' Then he felt a solid object probing the aforementioned area. 'Double Uh Oh!' Before it was swiftly and (maybe a little too expertly) rammed home. "Owwwww...Ohhhh...mmmmm... Done this before, have you?" Starbuck cracked.

A sudden sharp smack to his bottom was his immediate answer. Then, "You know you've had this coming to you don't you?"

"Well...uh...no...yes...maybe..." Starbuck whined.

SMACK!!! SMACK!!!SMACK!!! SMACK!!!

"Okay, definitely...I'm gonna go with 'yeah'." Starbuck breathed, hoping to appease Apollo somewhat.

"I kinda thought you'd see it that way. But, Starbuck, you keep saying you're sorry, then you do the same things over and over again." Apollo shook his head, "I just wish the two of us could get on the same wavelength." He raised the leather strap again. SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!!

"Me too! Me too!" Starbuck nodded his head vigorously, "Same wavelength. Waves...Lengths...Long...Long lengths...waving...motion...gotcha... mmmm...hmmm..."

Apollo shook his wingmate, "Still with me, love?" SMACK!!! SMACK!!!SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!!

"Uuuuhhhhmmm! Ohhhhuuuu! AAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Starbuck felt Apollo reach between his legs and fasten the cock ring on him. 'Oh No!' "Apollo? Do you really think we need that?"

"Oh, I'm definitely sure it'll come in handy sooner or later." Apollo assured, then as an afterthought, he smirked, "No pun intended, of course."

"Of course." Starbuck mumbled lowly.

SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! "I heard that, Starbuck!" SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!! SMACK!!!

Apollo continued smacking Starbuck's abused backside for several more long centons until Starbuck was sobbing softly into the blanket. Hearing this he stopped and pulled his love close. "Shhh, shhh, it's okay now. I was trying to make a point. Do you think you can safely say you've gotten it?"

"Yeah, that's pretty safe to say," Starbuck sniffed into Apollo's shoulder.

"Good. Now we can move on to more pleasant things." Apollo grinned mischievously.

Starbuck looked down and realized that his cock was rock hard. He looked back up at Apollo, "Do you think maybe we could take this thing off?" he asked hopefully, gesturing toward the cock ring that was firmly in place.

"Oh, no, not for a while yet. I'm just getting started with that lovely work of art between your legs, and I don't want you going soft on me anytime soon, now do I?"

Starbuck let out a sound somewhere between a laugh and a moan.

Centars later they lay together after they were both spent. Starbuck's head resting on Apollo's shoulder, just as he always wanted to do.

"'Pol?"

"Yeah, Starbuck?" Apollo sleepily answered.

"Love ya."

"Love ya too, pal."

They both drifted of into a contented sleep, wrapped blissfully in each other's arms.

*****

The next morning:

They were awakened by the door chime. Apollo stumbled groggily out of bed, slipped on his robe, and went to see who was bothering him so early. He hoped it wasn't a Cylon raid. Naaah. They would have sounded a red alert throughout all of the warriors quarters, not chimed at his door.

He opened the door with bleary eyes, "Boomer! What brings you here so early?" Apollo asked, trying to keep from sounding guilty. 'Frack! Too bad it *wasn't* a cylon raid.'

"Well, I had been wondering what happened to Starbuck after Cassieopea practically kidnapped him from the Officer's Club, so I got up early this morning to check on him. Guess what?"

"What?"

"He wasn't at Cassie's. In fact, no one has seen or heard from him since he left her place last night."

"Really? That's odd."

"You don't seem especially worried. Do you know something I don't?" Boomer asked, beginning to get suspicious.

"Know something? No I don't know anything." 'Yeah, he believes me. When you're good you're good.' Apollo thought to himself confidently.

"I don't believe you. You're acting awfully funny."

'Frack! Oh well the best defense is a good offense.' "What do you mean acting *funny*. Don't you start with that too! I thought we did enough of that *acting strangely* thing with Starbuck!"

Boomer narrowed his eyes at Apollo, "Mind if I come in?"

"In?"

"Yeah, in. As in, *inside*." He just knew something was up.

"Well...uh...uh...I just woke up when the door chimed and uh, I was uh, gonna go back to sleep and..."

"I won't stay long." Boomer said, pushing his way through the doorway past Apollo.

"Well its really not a good time right now..." Apollo trailed off as Boomer strode directly over to his bedchamber door and looked inside to see a naked Starbuck curled up in the covers grinning sheepishly at him.

Boomer whirled around angrily to confront Apollo, "I thought we agreed that we were in this together! Now I see that the moment my back is turned you double-cross me! Some friend you are!"

"Boomer, I-I'm sorry. It just kinda happened, you know the heat of the moment and all..." Apollo trailed off again as Boomer stormed out of his quarters.

Dejectedly, feeling *extremely* guilty, Apollo joined Starbuck back in the bed and snuggled up close.

"Why was Boomer so upset?"

"Well, gee Starbuck, could it be because he has the *major* hots for you and I just pretty much stole you out from under his nose?" Apollo asked sarcastically but not ungently.

"Oh, well...yeah...could be...probably that's it."

"Probably?"

"Well...you see...umm...maybe not exactly it..."

"Maybe not exactly? What *exactly* do you mean by that?!"

'When am I ever gonna learn when to just SHUT UP!' "I mean I'm sure that's gotta be it."

"Starbuck, do I need to get out the strap again!?" Apollo said with definite menace in his tone.

"No! No! It's just that, well, when I was out with Boomer earlier today, you know after I stormed out of your quarters and he came after me...?"

"Go on."

"Well, I was really upset and," 'Oh Sagan, how do I get myself into these things!' "Anyway, upset...and...then...did I mention I was upset?"

"You did."

"You know sometimes things happen and then well... Oh Sagan! I forgot I have patrol in one centar! I gotta get going! Don't want to be put on report or anything!"

"You do *not* have patrol in one centar. You do not have patrol for another FIVE centars! Would you care to hazard a guess as to how I know that?"

'Feldercarb!' "Because you're my wingmate?" Starbuck answered weakly with a sickly attempt at a grin. 'Mental note: Think all of my excuses through at least *twice*!'

Apollo just looked at him for a long moment with his arms crossed, an unreadable expression on his face.

'Another mental note: Never forget that Apollo is a little lacking in the sense of humor department. More importantly, whatever you do, don't blurt out,' "Apollo, I can explain!! It isn't what you think! It was just a one time thing!"

'Oh Gods! That didn't really just come out of my mouth?!' Starbuck judged by the expression on Apollo's face that it did indeed just come out of his mouth.

Bracing himself for the ensuing explosion, Starbuck looked at Apollo with wide eyes a moment longer, then Apollo said calmly, "Okay then. Explain."

Starbuck's eyes grew impossibly wider still before he began to ramble on to his lover all about how Boomer had caught up with him after he had stormed out earlier. How lonely, miserable and dejected he was feeling. Not sure if he really had any friends left or not. His feelings of self doubt, his complete loss of self confidence (which he assured Apollo wasn't something he's ever dealt with very well). And just how completely worthless he'd felt.

"And well, then Boomer was there, I was there, one thing led to another...and I'm sooo sorry..." Starbuck finished in a choked voice.

When he was through talking, Apollo continued looking at him silently for long moments. Then he pulled his love into a tight hug and whispered softly in his ear, "Starbuck, *I'm* sorry, I never meant to make you feel so bad. You're not *worthless*! You're worth everything to me! We were *both* so stupid and blind!"

"Really?" Starbuck asked, nuzzling closer to his lover.

Apollo chuckled from deep in his throat, "Well, I've never gotten such a good reaction from someone after calling them stupid and blind, but, yeah. Really."

"So you're not mad at me?"

"No. Not anymore. This whole thing was my fault too."

"What about Boomer?"

"What about him?" Apollo pulled back slightly so that he could see his love's face better.

"He sounded pretty mad at you. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's pretty mad at both of us."

"I'd be mad too if I just lost the best thing that's ever happened to anyone on both sides of the twelve colonies."

Starbuck smacked him playfully, "Flatterer! Come to think of it you're pretty confident, aren't you? How do you know I won't throw you over for him and leave you high and dry?" He teased.

"Do I really have to take the strap to you again so soon?"

"I think you're getting a little crazy with that leather strap thing."

"Did you just say crazy?"

"Very funny!" Starbuck gave Apollo's right cheek a good smack before nuzzling back up to him. "Seriously, 'Pol, what are we going to do about Boom-Boom?"

"Seriously, Starbuck, I think it was more lust than love. He'll get over it."

"How soon we go from flattering me to insulting me. Maybe I should just leave right now and go back to my Boom-Baby."

Apollo pounced. What began as playful tickling, graduated to something much more pleasurable and intense, very quickly.

By the time they had to go on patrol, they were both walking funny. Neither seemed to mind in the least.

The End

*****