Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of It Takes a Thief Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
462
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,159

Deleted Scene: Catspaw

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Catspaw"

Work Text:

A drunk Al knocked on Noah’s hotel room door. He leaned against the door frame and shut his eyes. “Noah,” he called.

Noah, dressed in robe and pajamas, opened it. He looked Al up and down. Al’s clothes were disheveled and his hair was in disarray. “What are you doing here? It’s two AM?”

Al tried to step forward but forgot about his wounded ankle. He stumbled into Noah, who put an arm around his waist. He wrapped his arm around Noah’s neck. “I came to deliver the good news,” he slurred.

Noah walked Al to the bed and pushed him to down to sit on the edge. He went back to shut the door. “What good news?”

“Pepe,” Al announced proudly. “Pepe agreed to give up the crown jewels.”

Noah stood in front of Al. “Really?” he asked skeptically.

Al nodded and almost fell over. “Yup. I won the coin toss.”

“Coin toss?”

“Yeah.” Al pointed to himself. “I won fair and square with my lucky coin.”

“And will Pepe remember this in the morning?” Noah asked, keeping most of his sarcasm at bay.

Al waved that off and grabbed the bedspread so he wouldn’t slip off. “Of course. He’s my pal. He wouldn’t cheat me.”

“Of course he would. You taught him.”

Al shook his head. He took Noah’s arm and pulled him down to sit beside him. “No. We shook on it. La Monica gets its crown jewels back and stays demo…demo…”

“Democratic,” Noah supplied.

“Yeah, that’s good stuff,” Al muttered. He leaned against Noah and rested his head on Noah’s shoulder.

Noah could smell the alcohol on Al’s breath. “I hope you’re right or I’ll have to arrest Pepe.”

Al pressed closer and squeezed Noah’s knee. “I know,” he sighed.

Noah ran a hand through Al’s hair and kissed Al’s temple. “It’s late. Let’s not worry about it right now.”

Al closed his eyes and reveled in the heat from Noah’s body. “You know I didn’t mean it,” he said solemnly.

“Mean what?”

Al sniffed. “That I was done with the SIA. I was upset when I thought Pepe was dead.”

Noah laughed quietly. “I knew that you didn’t really want to go back to jail.”

“No, more than that,” Al mumbled and hugged Noah tightly.

Noah returned the embrace. He eased Al to lay back. “I feel the same way,” he whispered. He tried to sit up but Al’s arms locked behind his neck. “Al, let go.”

“No,” Al whined and planted a sloppy kiss on Noah’s cheek.”

“You’re drunk.”

Al puffed another breath of alcohol laden air in Noah’s face. “So?”

Noah pulled away and lifted Al’s legs onto the bed. He touched Al’s chest. “Go to sleep,” he said in a soft, soothing voice.

Al was already half asleep. He held Noah’s hand. “You gonna stay with me?”

Noah smiled and shook his head. “This is my room.”

“Huh?”

Noah kissed Al’s forehead. “Yes, I’ll stay.”

Series this work belongs to: