Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
310
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,446

As Long As She Loved Him

Summary:

Rich struggles to tell Dana how he feels.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

As Long As She Loved Him
by Pirate Turner

 

        He looked into her eyes and saw his future, his hopes, and his dreams. He looked into her eyes and saw his whole world, everything that was important to him. He gazed into her face and felt his breath catch in his throat for her beauty was truly beyond words. He tried to form the right words, struggled to come up with just the right sentences to tell her how much he loved her and how she was everything good and golden in his life. Yet, as always, his mind and tongue fell short.

        "Rich?"

        "Yes?" he managed to ask.

        Dana smiled as she gazed up into his eyes. Her hands lovingly caressed his handsome face. "Just tell me you love me," she said, her smile turning into an amused grin.

        "I do," he answered immediately. "Oh, Dana, I wish I could tell you just how much -- "

        She placed a single finger on his lips. "I already know," she told him, "and you do tell me, every minute of every day that we're together. You tell me with how you look at me, the way you touch me, and the way you're always there for me. You tell me every day, Rich, in so many ways that I don't need to hear those words you keep trying to come up with. I love you too," she finished, leaning up from beneath him and kissing him deeply.

        As always, her kiss washed away his doubts, soothed his uncertainties, and silenced his fears. He may be unworthy, but as long as she loved him, he was happy. There was nothing more in the world that he could ever ask for for Dana's love was the greatest treasure he could ever imagine. As long as she loved him, nothing else really mattered.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.