Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
282
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,294

Quirky

Summary:

Reid notices something unusual.

Work Text:

Quirky
by Lopaka Tanu

 

It was quiet in the BAU office for a change. That was not from lack of something for Spencer to do. There were several pending cases, but none of them had any significant information. Which is why he was currently trying to distract himself.

Twisting the pencil between his fingers, he stared intently at figure on his computer screen. There were three dimensions to the geometric shape, all sides becoming visible as it rotated. As he watched it began to change its form. This made him frown. "That isn't right."

Morgan glanced over from the file laid out in front of him. "What's that?" Anything to distract him from the lack of new information was welcome.

"This mass. It has a logical progression through four shapes and the morphing between each one." Not taking his eyes completely off the screen, Reid turned slightly to face the other man. "It just changed in to a rhombus, that's not one of them."

In the next moment, Morgan's eyes seemed to glaze over. He sighed. "It's a screen saver."

"Yes, but that is the point." The pencil suddenly became a pointing wand. Using the tip, Reid indicated the floating shape. "There are only four programmed shapes. Sphere, cube..."

"It's a screen saver." Morgan put extra emphasis on the last bit. Shaking his head with another sigh, he went back to studying the case file.

Spencer twisted his lips in to a tight frown and went back to studying the image. Almost as if to spite him, the shape suddenly changed in to a star. Narrowing his eyes, he put his tongue between his lips. There had to be an explanation for this one.


THE END...........................