Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
582
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,262

Home

Summary:

“Twenty years with Logan has taught me to love.” Remy POV.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Life is amazing sometimes. I never expected to fall in love with Logan, never even expected him to be anything more than a rival and sometime friend, but somehow my life took a turn that I never expected and I’ve never been happier. I’ve been with him for half my life, something most people who know me would never have imagined possible, and that simple fact still amazes me every time I realize that another year’s gone by, every time I realize that he still loves me…that against all the odds I’ve found someone who won’t abandon me.

Twenty years spent by his side have given me a new appreciation for him and for the changes he’s wrought in my life. Simply put, I’ve grown up in the time I’ve been with him. True, I was an adult when we first met, at least in the chronological sense of the word, but there’s more to being an adult than age. I was scared and insecure and needed stability. I was impatient and arrogant and pretended I didn’t need anyone. I was foolish, not that I would have admitted it.

Logan changed all that. He saw through the bullshit and refused to let me hide behind my pretenses. He made me face the truth about myself – that I was nothing more than a scared twenty-year-old kid – and never flinched away from the darkness of my past. He stripped away all the lies and self-deception and didn’t stop until he had taken away everything I had to hide behind. He did what I was too scared to do for myself.

Home…it’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Logan. Home is wherever he is. He’s everything that home should mean: security, warmth, unconditional love, acceptance…he’s the safe place I can go when things get too rough, a safe place that’s all the more wonderful for the fact that he’s always close at hand, no matter how far I may travel.

Security…he’s the only constant I’ve ever really had. He makes me feel safe in a way that I need – in a way that I’ve always needed – so desperately. No matter what terrors might lie in my future, I have Logan to protect me when I can’t protect myself, when I need the safety of someone bigger and stronger than me.

Wonder…there’s not a lot that truly amazes me. Hard living makes you jaded – cynical – and I’m no exception to the rule. But, still, I’m amazed every time I look at our life together…whenever I realize that he’s stuck with me no matter how difficult living with me may have been or how much work it took to get me to even trust him. There haven’t been many people in my life who have accepted me without question – who stood unflinching in the face of my past and my bad behavior – but Logan is one of them.

Twenty years with Logan has filled in the holes in my life – the insecurities and fears and needs that I spent my life running from.

It’s taught me that someone can be everything you need in life: friend, lover, protector, hero…everything.

It’s taught me to laugh at myself and to realize that, if I do, I’ll never run out of reasons for laughter.

It’s taught me to be who I am, not who I pretend I am.

Twenty years with Logan has taught me to love.

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Xanax.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.