Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
276
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,053

Contagious

Summary:

One way that Hank and Bobby's first meeting could have gone.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Contagious
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        Hank found his word for Bobby the first day he met him. He had just gotten home from a science conference when the young man shouted his name and came bounding down the stairs to greet him. "You've got to be Hank, the Beast! I've heard all about you!"

        Hank looked at the stranger with eyebrows raised in question. "And you would be . . . ?" he questioned slowly while wondering how this escapee from an asylum had managed to break into the mansion.

        "Bobby Drake!" the youngest replied with a huge grin. He stuck out his hand, and Hank took it for a moment.

        "So we're going to be roomies!" Bobby eagerly exclaimed, pumping Hank's hand with strength that far dimmed Hank's own.

        Hank gazed into his new team mate's eager face. He was handsome, he realized now that the surprise was lessening. His brown eyes sparkled, and his huge grin really accentuated the rest of his features by lighting up his whole face.

        "So what do ya wanna do, roomie, now that you're back home? Play some games, watch some boob tube, go out and meet babes?"

        That charming smile only kept growing bigger, and ever so slowly, Hank found the corners of his own lips turning up until he, too, was grinning. Hank found Bobby's smile and enthusiasm to be contagious that fateful day when they first met, and to this day, he still can not face his love's grinning enthusiasm without getting at least a little smile himself. Therefore, it is, when asked to describe his loved one, the first word that often comes to Hank's mind is "contagious".

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.