Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-09-05
Words:
4,752
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
10
Hits:
2,149

Conversations in getaway driving

Summary:

Summery: Heist gone wrong, Blair is alone in a car with the getaway driver, they talk.
Warning: script formt. The teeny tiniest bit of swearing.
Notes: Written late at night. Insomnia is a bitch
Archive: If you want
Disclaimer: Blair is not mine, I wish he was, but he belongs to petfly, darn it. Suzie is mine though.

Chapter 1: complete

Chapter Text

Conversations In Getaway Driving
by Selena

 

BLAIR: You're not going to get away with this, you have to know that.

DRIVER: What am I not going to get away with? What have I done exactly?

BLAIR: UM I don't know, let's see. Armed robbery, kidnapping. That's bad, you are in a lot of trouble.

DRIVER: Hey! I'm just the getaway driver, and you're not kidnapped, you can leave anytime you feel like it. Although I really wouldn't recommend jumping out at this speed, you'll just hurt yourself.

BLAIR: And you care of course.

DRIVER: Yeah, I do. I'm not a bad person, I just drive getaway. I didn't sign up to this gig to get involved in murder. Which is what would have happened if I had let Hudson get in the car after you.

BLAIR: Did he trust you?

DRIVER: He wouldn't have given me his gun to use on you if he didn't.

BLAIR: Where is it then?

DRIVER: Where's what?

BLAIR: The gun.

DRIVER: Oh, I threw it out the window. I wasn't going to use it, so there was no point holding on to it. I don't like guns.

BLAIR: Huh, me neither. I won't carry one, drives my partner mad.

DRIVER: You're a cop, shit

BLAIR: No, no. I'm just an observer, Jim is my partner. Basically I follow him around. Sometimes I help, other times I get kidnapped.

DRIVER: You're not kidnapped!

BLAIR: So you said. So what are you going to do?

DRIVER: I don't know. I have to get as far away from Cascade as possible. I have a feeling that Hudson and his pal's aren't going to be best pleased with me. Plus your cop friends are going to be looking for me. And then there is you.

BLAIR: Me?

DRIVER: Yeah. You're not a prisoner, you know that. I'm not going to hurt you; I hope you know that too. But you have seen my face, and that's a problem.

BLAIR: Oh

DRIVER: So I have to think.

BLAIR: Ok

DRIVER: So what's your name?

BLAIR: What?

DRIVER: We are going to be here awhile. Unless you have decided to jump. So we may as well try and have a conversation, so I am starting it by asking you your name.

BLAIR: Right. Blair.

DRIVER: That's nice. Suzie.

BALIR: Really, that's pretty.

DRIVER/SUZIE: Obviously it's not my real one, if I told you that it would be one more thing that you could tell your friends to help them catch me. But it will do for now.

BLAIR: So, Suzie. What happened back there?

SUZIE: Does it really matter? It's over now I got away, I didn't let you get killed, the bad guys got caught. So tell me, what does it matter?

BLAIR: It will help me. When I get back to my friends, I can make them understand. Right now I'm willing to bet that they think that you kidnapped me.

SUZIE: But I...

BLAIR: Yeah I know you didn't. But they don't. But if they knew that you were helping me, then maybe you will get a lighter sentence when they catch you.

SUZIE: They won't catch me Blair.

BLAIR: Yes they will, maybe not today. But they will catch you. So go on, Suzie. Tell me a story.

SUZIE: I just drive the car. I don't get involved in the heists. I leave that to the professionals. I get paid well for what I do, coz I'm the best. And I'm not just boasting.

BLAIR: Do you always drive for, um, Hudson is it?

SUZIE: That's his name. And no, I nave never driven for him before. I wasn't going to do it. I didn't like him when I first met him, and I didn't like him when I woke up today. But they offered me double my fee. And I needed the money.

BLAIR: How could you need money so badly that you would do this for a living?

SUZIE: I don't have to tell you that. And there are much worse things to do.

BLAIR: I hear that.

SUZIE: I never thought what I did was really bad before. No one ever got hurt, insurance companies covered the costs of the lost money. And all I ever did was drive the car.

BLAIR: Someone got hurt this time.

SUZIE: Yeah, I'm sorry that Hudson decided to use you as a shield, that must have sucked, did he hurt you?

BLAIR: No not me. Hudson shot one of the security guards. He was killed.

SUZIE: No!

BLAIR: Yeah, he did

SUZIE: Oh god, why?

BLAIR: Who knows, I think the guard just got in the way.

SUZIE: They said no one would get hurt, the guns were never supposed to be loaded.

BLAIR: Then why did he give his to you, if he knew it would do anything?

SUZIE: Maybe he really didn't think I would use it.

BLAIR: You said he trusted you. Come on, Suzie. You are a career criminal, how can you be that naïve?

SUZIE: That's not fair. I didn't know. Fuck, what am I going to do?

BLAIR: Give yourself up. Maybe they will go easy on you

SUZIE: No, I can't do that. I have worked to hard everything is planned. I'm getting out; I have goals that are so close to being reached. I can't go to jail now.

BLAIR: Suzie, a man is dead, you really don't have a choice.

SUZIE: I didn't kill him. I didn't know. Blair, you have to believe me, I had nothing to do with it.

BLAIR: Hey, it's all right, calm down. You're gonna run us of the road. I thought you drove professionally. Where did you learn to drive, watching to Dukes of Hazzard or something?

SUZIE: Something like that. Look Blair, its been fun and all. But I gotta drop you off soon. Or it will be like I really did kidnap you. We should be far enough away now for me to getaway before you call your friends to come and get you.

BLAIR: If that's what you want, Suzie. But I really think that you would be better of going to that police. A life on the run is really no life at all.

SUZIE: You sound like you know from experience. But I won't be running. I'm going home.

BLAIR: Be careful, Suzie. You seem like a good person. I don't want you to get hurt.

SUZIE: thanks for your concern. But I'll be fine. Take care of yourself, Blair.

BLAIR: Bye, Suzie

 

THE END?