Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
580
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
917

Unlikely Art - Amazed

Summary:

Summary: A series of events based on different word paintings and snippets
Rating: NC-17 (Eventually)
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Pairing: Terry/Bruce
Type: Angst, Romance, First Time, etc.
Archive?: Sure! Just let me know where
Disclaimer: Bruce is way too expensive!
Thanks: Soul, Lurker, Syd, DragonLady

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Unlikely Art - Amazed
By Prodigette

 

Talia's private jet worked perfectly.

Bruce knew how to fly jets, but after the Lazarus Pit, he still felt weak. Bruce refused to take any chances. Instead, he used the radio to contact local pilots to get another jet and fly them home. It took a few hours, but one finally came.

Leaving New Cuba, both Terry and Bruce looked down at the burning castle.

Two hours later, they were still on their way back to Gotham City. From the corner of his eye, Bruce could see that Terry was staring at him again. The staring had started the moment that Bruce stumbled out of the rejuvenation pod.

He could remember what had happened soon after that. Bruce could remember looking up into stunned blue eyes and reaching for Terry. From there, everything went black.

Right now, Bruce just wanted to go home. He wanted to go to the Batcave and stay there. Gotham was his home regardless all that happened to him and others there. The city had the fourth highest death population until Sunnydale mysteriously disappeared 46 years ago.

Thankfully, the death toll has gone down in the past six months. But still, Bruce stayed. He never questioned why he chose to, even when others questioned him.

He just wanted to be home.

Terry was still staring at him, but Bruce was too tired to try and figure him out. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Too much had happened in the past two days. When Bruce turned his head in the other man's direction, Terry looked away.

Bruce raised a dark eyebrow, then continued to look down at his hands. A warm hand touching his back broke him from his thoughts. Bruce once again looked at his protege, seeing the worry in his eyes.

"Wayne, you gotta stop brooding." Terry said, his hand never leaving his mentor. Bruce furrowed his eyebrows at the boy's comment. He does *not* brood.

"I'm not brooding."

Terry rolled his eyes and cocked his head to the side to look at him.

"Oh yeah? Then what are you doing?"

"Thinking."

Terry snorted and shook his head with slight amusement. Without the deep voice, Bruce's comments would have sounded childish. But it only sounded petulant. Moving to kneel in front of Bruce, Terry looked up at him. Bruce wanted to move away, but he felt stuck.

Terry put a hand on Bruce's face and touched the other man's left cheek. The hand traced around his face until finally stopping at his lips. Terry's reached out a second hand to touch his knee.

For a moment, Bruce's heart stopped. He more than knew what was going to happen. Yet, it felt as if he couldn't stop this.

"I just wanna see something." Terry said.

Bruce still looked like a different man. Bruce had shown Terry pictures of him before. Of course, that was followed with whistles and some lewd comments. Terry was staring at him as if he had never seen him before, but he knew that it was him.

"You're so warm." Terry whispered. At that moment, Bruce was ready to get up and stay far away from Terry. The slow grin was growing. He could see Terry climbing into his lap, but couldn't stop it.

He didn't want to.

With both hands on his mentor's face, Terry leaned in and pressed his lips to Bruce's. That was their first kiss. As the kiss went deeper, Bruce's reluctance faded.

 

tbc...?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.