Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
922
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,327

Our Place Our Time

Summary:

The guys learn about volunteerism.

Work Text:



Our Place Our Time
by Lynneste

 
It was a lazy evening at Chez 51. Johnny Gage, Roy DeSoto, Chet Kelly, Marco Lopez, Mike Stoker and Hank Stanley were watching, "Wonder Woman," starring Cathy Lee Crosby. The guys were gathered together as they watched in stride. They laughed at the humorous parts. When they saw Wonder Woman in her patriotic costume, they beamed with pride.
 
When the movie was over, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank felt quite a bit stuffy. So they decided to go for a plunge in their back yard pond. They went to their bedroom, stripped until they were au naturel and went outside to their back yard. There they quietly entered the pond.
 
Johnny said, "Man, that feels good."
 
Chet said, "You said it. That movie had plenty of its moments."
 
Mike said, "But everything turned out fine."
 
Marco said, "I couldn't agree better."
 
Roy said, "Wonder Woman's patriotic costume didn't quite match the concept's originality."
 
Hank said, "You got that right. The original Wonder Woman had dark hair and her costume looked more like a swimsuit."
 
Chet said, "She and all of those women on their home island must have some type of custom."
 
Marco said, "Wonder Woman's mother is the island queen."
 
Johnny said, "All of that must be some type of tribe."
 
Roy said, "I wouldn't exactly call it a tribe. It's more like a type of secret society in a way."
 
Hank said, "I guess it sounds like both, a secret society and a tribe. Let's just enjoy our own little paradise here."
 
In unison, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco and Mike said, "Very well."
 
So the men just enjoyed their time in the back yard pond.
 
Later, when they got out, they wanted to dry off naturally. So they helped one another wipe excess water off with their hands. Suddenly, they began to shiver. So Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank went back inside Chez 51 to get warmed up. Hank suggested they all take a shower together. The rest of the men agreed to the suggestion.
 
A few minutes later, the men were in the shower. They were scrubbing one another's bodies with their hands. They were also washing one another's hair. Then, the men got out, dried off and climbed into their beds. Johnny and Roy slept in a full-size bed. Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank slept in a king-size bed.
 
The following morning....
 
Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were volunteering their time to restore an historical fireboat. The men did tons of hauling, lifting, carrying, painting and stuff like that there.
 
After hours of hard work, they were pretty worn out.
 
Later, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were home at Chez 51. They brought Nurse Dixie McCall with them.
 
Dixie asked, "What is it that you want me to do?"
 
Roy replied, "Prepare our surprise for me and the rest of the guys."
 
Johnny said, "We'll be out in our back yard."
 
Dixie asked, "Do you think the surprise preparation would take very long?"
 
Hank replied, "Not really," and then said, "Take what ever time is necessary."
 
Dixie said, "Okay. Alright."
 
A few minutes later, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were out in the back yard, doing chores. They did more of what they've done restoring the historical fireboat. In addition, the cleaned algae out of their pond, and scrubbed down their outdoor furniture. The men put in more hard work.
 
Later, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were back inside Chez 51.
 
Mike said, "I don't know about you, but I'm beat."
 
Chet said, "I hope Dixie is done with her project here."
 
Marco said, "She left us a note."
 
Johnny whined, "Don't tell us she hasn't finished her project here."
 
Roy went, "Johnny...."
 
Hank said, "Listen to what Marco is about to read."
 
Marco read the note. It read: "Guys, I had a feeling you did tons of hard work volunteering your time to restore that historical fireboat. While you were out in your back yard, I had to be back to work at Rampart. But your surprise is all prepared. Go to a certain chamber and you'll find it there. Me."
 
Hank said, "Let's go find our surprise."
 
In unison, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco and Mike said, "Great idea."
 
A moment later, the men went to the certain chamber where lights were on. What they found surprised them. It was a bath with a thick layer of bubbles and rose petals on top. So the men took off their clothes and carefully climbed into their rose petaled bubble bath. They moaned and sighed as the water lapped against their tired muscles.
 
Johnny said, "That feels good."
 
Roy said, "It most certainly does."
 
Mike said, "Our muscles really needed this."
 
Chet said, "Dixie must've known what we really needed."
 
Marco said, "Yeah. While we were restoring that fireboat, we could hear that sirena de niebla loud and clear. We knew all the other boats and ships out there were safe."
 
Hank said, "That's true. But we'll send Dixie a thank you note for this special surprise. Let's just relax and enjoy."
 
In unison, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco and Mike said, "Sure."
 
So the men went along with the program.
 
A couple hours later, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were in one another's arms, in their beds.
 
Hank said, "Guys, our thank you card has already been sent out to Dixie. So let's all just get some shut-eye."
 
The men said their goodnights and I love yous to one another and settled into a comfortable night's rest starting immediately.
 
 
DONE
 
Footnote: "sirena de niebla" is Spanish for "foghorn".