Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2012-04-07
Words:
2,781
Chapters:
6/6
Kudos:
21
Hits:
2,476

The Price Of A Prank

Summary:

In this missing scene from "The Indirect Method", Chet is punished for his prank on Karen Overstreet.

Chapter 1: Complete

Notes:

Summary: In this missing scene from "The Indirect Method", Chet is punished for his prank on Karen Overstreet.
Archive: Yes
Content Warning: Some harsh language.
Copyright: December 2000 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

The Price Of A Prank
by Robin R Neher


The crew of station 51 looked at Chet Kelly as he lay on the kitchen floor as Karen glared at him, then stormed toward Cap's office, where she banged on the door.

"Come in!" Captain Hank Stanley called.

"Captain Stanley, what kind of station are you running here!?" Karen demanded. "Do you know what Fireman Kelly just did out there?! He collapsed on the floor and pretended to be unconscious!"

"Miss Overstreet, if you'll just calm down,-" Hank stammered.

"No! I will not calm down!" Karen yelled. "Is this the way you train your men?! Is this the way you lead them?!"

"I-I." Hank stammered.

"I think I'll just report you and your entire crew to the Chief!" Karen ranted. "I'd like to hear what the Chief has to say about this!"

"Karen, Chet will be dealt with." Hank assured her. "This station does not normally play these types of pranks."

"Captain, you'll just side with Kelly, I know it!" Karen yelled. "I know what a boy's club this is!"

"Now you hold on a minute, Lady!" Roy DeSoto yelled.

"Stay out of this, Fatso!" Karen yelled, then slammed the door in Roy's face.

"Karen, that was uncalled for!" Hank yelled. "I'm the Captain of this station and I'll deal with the guys as I see fit! If you don't like it, then there's the door! In this station, it's my way or the highway, got it?"

"Perfectly." Karen replied. "I'm the woman, so my complaint doesn't matter!"

Karen turned and stormed out of the office and past Roy and the rest.

"Karen, Chet didn't mean any harm!" Johnny argued as she stormed out back. "He was just having a little fun!"

"You boys are gonna find out that your fourth grade lockeroom humor is not acceptable in a fire station! You won't be laughing when Chief McConnikee learns of this!" Karen hissed. "You guys deserve each other!"

All the guys flinched as the back door slammed behind Karen.

"I'd better go apologize to her." Chet sighed.

"Chet, you've done enough damage for one shift!" Johnny growled. "Thanks to you, she thinks we're all just a bunch of practical jokers!"

"Chet, I think you'd better lay low for awhile." Roy agreed. "Make yourself as scarce as possible."

Chet sighed as he walked into the dorm.

"Roy, what are we gonna do?" Mike Stoker asked. "She's threatening to go to McConnikee!"

"We're going strictly by the book for the remainder of her time here!" Roy told the others. "Maybe if we act appropriately from here on out, Karen won't go to the Chief."
___________________________________________________

end part 1