Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,455
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,115

The Dance

Summary:

They dance

Work Text:

The Dance
by Ciejye

Fox smiled with a brilliance that warmed Walter's heart and heated his loins. Fox took Walter's hand, his long finger's caressing the powerful paw, his thumb gently stroking its back. The remains of their dinner lay between them on the tiny table. Mushroom caps stuffed with bits of lobster and cheese, sautéed shrimp scampi and bacon wrapped scallops, slices of cold melon and poached pears finished the meal. In the background the music played low and soft, filling the air with its beauty. The burning in Walter's rump from the spanking he had received for being late on this night had faded slightly to a warm ache.

As Fox lifted the hand in his grasp, he placed a tender kiss on its back. His lips lingering teasing over the powerful knuckles. His tongue tracing a path his lips created. Walter moaned slowly in appreciation for the banquet of tastes and sensations his love had created and was still creating. He wanted to move from the balcony to the bed. But did not want to ruin the mood. No he had done that once before, and while his lover was more than happy to accommodate him in all things, the consequence of rushing was not pleasant. Who would have thought those tapered fingers and slender hands could have packed such a sting. No a spanking from Fox Mulder was something to be avoided at all costs.

Fox smiled again at his lover, his eyes lighting up as he rose slowly, at a time only he understood. He raised Walter's hand as he guided him to his feet, stepping closer for one moment before stepping in the sliding door.

He palmed the light switch, extinguishing the overhead and table lights. As they stood for a moment in the darkness, Fox stepped closer to Walter and whispering softly in his hear. "Close your eyes my love."

Walter smiled, he loved it when his mate got in this kind of mood, it was more than wonderful every time. He obeyed, and shut his eyes tightly, no longer the AD, no longer the boss, no longer the one in charge, he was simply Walter, beloved of Fox. And that was enough, and enough they say is as good as a feast. Fox was definitely a feast to behold. Walter relished the last sight in his minds eye of his lovers luscious, full, pouty lips.

For the next few minutes he stood, his eyes closed, totally trusting. He heard the light step as it moved around the room the scent of sulfur as a match was lit. More footsteps, circling him but at a distance. Walter knew his love was lighting candles around the room. Then a click, changing the track of the CD player.

The music began to play, slow and haunting, reverberating around the room and though his very soul. Still Walter kept his eyes closed, trusting his lover, wanting this for them both. He recognized the song, 'Music Of The Night' it was from "Phantom of the Opera" one of his and Fox's favorite musicals. The story was almost an X-file in its self with the ghost and mystery and on a more personal note, the love story that almost wasn't touched them both deeply.

A shiver flowed though Walter's body as the words surrounded him. The voice of the Phantom began low and deep,

"Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently, the senses abandon their defenses."

 

Each word filling him, as he realized he was in the darkness, he swayed with the heady feeling the music left him with, the utterness of the darkness, but not a fear, simply an arousal for more, his skin becoming sensitive to the touch and feel of every puff of air, every change about him.

"Slowly, gently, night unfurls it's splendour
Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night."

Walter felt a hand touch him, sliding over his broad chest, down his right biceps then the arm, another caressed the side of his neck, and up to his face. Fox was behind him pressing close but not touching him yet, their bodies radiating heat from the proximity. The long slender fingers caressed over his lips, teasing and touching gently. Walter swayed with the motion of the music, his face turned from one side to the other as his lover teased him in time to the music. Fingers never leaving him as Fox took him on the journey.

"Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar
And you'll live as you've never lived before."

 

A breath puffed in his ear as the slender fingers of his lover passed over his eyes, his body pulled back as it met the lean power behind him. Walter began to fly in his body, helped by the caressing ministrations of his mate. The music lifted him, the fingers that never stilled, as the touched his body, his soul. The fingers teased down his arm with deliberate slowness, taking his blunt fingers holding them in a firm gentle grasp, right hand clasping the left. Fox's arm across his body, holding him in the peace of the music, swaying slowly.

"Softly, deftly, music shall surround you
Feel it, hear it closing it around you
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness which you know you cannot fight
The darkness of the music of the night"

 

The other hand kept its caress of his face, it traced his ear with exquisite delicatness, down the line of his jaw and across his lips. Each touch each movement precise with the music, with the haunting rhythm that surrounded them both. Walter felt his knees going weak as he released the control to his love. Not fighting not struggling for the power, just letting Fox take it all, and fill him with this incredible peace and warmth and love.

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world
leave all thoughts of the world you knew before
Let your soul take you where you long to be
Only then can you belong to me."

 

The body behind him was hard and yet so soft, he knew ever inch and flavor of it, but this was different this was the meeting of two souls that belonged together. The caressing of the body, mind and spirit all as one. The words continued to wash over him, to lift him from the confines of the world, to take him from the living room to the universe, and his Fox as the anchor, the guide to all of this. The arm that held him, the fingers that fluttered over each part of his face and body, the breath that warmed his neck and ear, the body behind him that filled him with such desire, such longing such peace all brought him on this journey. He felt the desires filling him as the music heightened, and a tiny sound left him. The last four words were almost imperceptibly breathed into his ear "you belong to me". Walter made the tiny sound again in his throat, and trembled, leaning back in to the warm arms that enfolded him, and held him close.

"Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write.
The power of the music of the night.
You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night."

 

The words of the song echoed by the soft tenor in his ear, more breathed than sung, fingers held him with a possession, sliding up and down his body as they pulled him closer. Walter sagged back totally trusting, even more so than before, his body quivered from the beat of the music that surrounded and filled him, them. He was not sure where he ended and his Fox began, the journey had been so caressing and wondrous he didn't want it to stop. Even as the last note faded into the air, Walter strived to keep a part of it, his mind realizing that he was a part of it, THEY were part of it every time they touched. They were filled with the music of each other.

A silence filled the air as the CD continued though the brief break between songs. Not one word was spoken, not one movement made save the beating of two hearts as one. 'Point OF No Return' began to play, the music pulsing though the two men as the Phantom playing Don Juan began to sing.

"You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge
In pursuit of that wish which till now has been silent...silent..."

 

The power of the words and notes throb though them both, Fox pressed against Walter's back, and bit his shoulder a claiming bite the throbbed as the music did.

"I have brought you that our passions may fuse and merge
In your mind you've already succumbed to me
Dropped all defenses completely succumbed to me
Now you are here with me
No second thoughts you've decided...decided"

Fox moved around his lover, his hands never leaving him as he caressed the powerful body that belonged to him. Walter remained still, as if in a spell, held his eyes closed still breathing shallowly, scarcely able to move at all. "open" was on only word he heard from his love. He opened his eyes, the sight of the candles behind Fox silhouetted his love in their light. Fox stood before him holding his hand still. He looked like a vision in the loose fitting cream color shirt, the neck now opened fully, tucked into the dove gray pants. Walter ached to be with his love. But stood his ground, simply drinking in the sight of him.

"Past the point of no return, no backward glances
our games of make believe are at an end"

 

Fox pulled Walter to him, turning Walter as he did, his arms wrapped about him as they stood face to face, hip to hip. A charge of electricity went though them like a bolt of lightning. For Walter time lost all meaning as he stared into the hazel eyes of his Fox.

"Past all thoughts of "if" or "when"
no use resisting abandon thought and let the
dream descend..."

 

They began to dance, their bodies tight together, their eyes locked, no one led, they simply were. Their movements blended in perfect harmony as the song questioned.

"What raging fire shall flood the soul?
What rich desire unlocks it's door?
What sweet seduction lies before us?"

 

The answers they knew, as they turned about the room, each held in the arms of the one he loved most, each step a blending of one and the other. Each step unique to the pair of them. The hazel eyes kept the brown ones locked in a cobra like stare. Their feet stopped for a moment as their upper bodies swayed, back Walter moved as his love half dipped him a circular dip then back to the dance.

"Past the point of no return, the final threshold
What warm, unspoken secrets will we learn?
Beyond the point of no return."

Words began to loose their meaning as the passions between the men grew. No secrets were kept, each one knew the desire of the other. Each one knew without a doubt the feelings of the other as they danced around the room. Sensual slowness, rhymtic steps, total sensuality filled them. It carried them past the meanings of time and space, so intent were they on each other the rest of the world began to lose meaning for them even as Christine playing Aminta in the song began her part.

"You have brought me to that moment
Where words run dry, to that moment
Where speech disappears into silence...silence...

Walter felt the tear running down his face even before he realized he shed it. This was what he wanted to share with his love, the words that consumed him the love that filled his soul. He wanted to speak and yet knew nothing he said would be enough to explain what was in his heart. A single finger came up to his lips, ensuring his silence as they moved about the floor, their bodies flowing more into each other with each passing beat.

"I have come here hardly knowing the reason why
In my mind I've already imagined out
Bodies entwining defenseless and silent
And now I am here with you, no second thoughts,
I've decided...decided."

Arms linked and legs between each others they danced, their bodies as close together as they could get without being inside the other one. A turn, a stop, the hands of a lover caressing slowly, up and down strong arms, Walter was lost in the sensations, his breathing quickened, his heart thundered in his chest as he gasp softly. The only things in his life, his love and the music that surrounded them.

"Past the point of no return, no going back, now
Our passion-play has now, at least begun
Past all thought of right or wrong
One final question: How long should we two wait before we're one?"

 

Instinctively, fingers caressed the rings, the symbols of the unity of the pair, the hands wearing the rings met in the middle and lifted as the kisses were placed on them. Then with a single motion the two stepped apart turning as they spun, only the hands with the rings remained locked together, the turning filled Walter's senses, his focus on his lovers face, the candles lost in a blur behind him as they turned, becoming a single streak as the turned in the dance. Each one was lost in the well of the other's eyes.

"When willt he blood begin to race, the sleeping
bud burst into bloom, When will the flames at last, consume us?"

 

Fox pulled Walter back to him, back to the circle of his arms, and held him close as they continued the movement around the room, steps sure and swift as the passions filled them both. Each one lost in the other. As the male and female voices on the CD began blended the baritone and tenor voices joined them.

"Past the point of no return, the final threshold, the
bridge is crossed so stand and watch it burn
We've passed the point of no return..."

 

The words rang true in the souls of the two men. The power of the song filled them, each one the focus of the others universe. The movement around the room slowed as the moved closer and closer. Then eye to eye they stopped, the last sweet notes faded in the air as their lips met.

They were one.

 

 

end