Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-10-09
Words:
37,354
Chapters:
16/16
Kudos:
42
Hits:
12,516

No Worries

Summary:

The phone ringing woke them both up

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I don't Own the X-Files peoples. but Jenny is all mine, to do with as I see fit. the others are just used for free.
Note: no spankings yet, but give me time
Thanks Joey for Betaing
I am a feedback junkie, please support My habit *grins*

 

No Worries
by Ciejye

 

The phone ringing woke them both up. "Hello?" Walter had answered it. "Yes, this is he.. yes.. oh my God!"

That got Fox's attention, he sat up in the bed "What's wrong?" he asked.

Walter held up one hand still speaking into the phone "Yes, I will be right there. Yes, thank you, " he hung up the phone, the color had gone out of his face.

"Walter? What's wrong?" Fox was concerned, he had never seen his boss and lover, his life partner like this before.

Walter was up out of the bed, and dressing as he answered "That was the hospital, there's been an accident, Sharon .. " his voice cracked.

Fox was up and getting dressed "I'll drive you" he said, Walter just nodded. Fox pulled his partner into his arms for a tight hug, before they finished dressing. All the way to the hospital, Walter kept pushing back the worst of his thoughts, trying to stay calm.

Once there, Walter went right to the desk, "I am Walter Skinner, I was told Sharon Skinner was here?"

"Right this way Mr. Skinner" the nurse said, leading them to a small waiting room, "the doctor will be right with you"

Walter paced the small room until Fox caught his hand, squeezing it, no words spoken, just quiet support. A moment later, the doctor walked in, the men dropped hands and faced him. "How is Sharon? " Walter asked immediately.

"I'm Doctor Cho," the doctor shook their hands, "Please sit down, Mr. Skinner," Cho said. After they all sat Cho began "There is no easy way to say this Mr. Skinner, Sharon Skinner was brought in with severe trauma as the direct result of an automobile accident; however, she had also been shot, through the window of the vehicle. She was brought here and worked on but was DOA, I am sorry Mr. Skinner."

Tears formed in Walter's eyes, Fox wrapped his love in a hug.

The doctor continued "Your daughter, was also brought in."

"Jenny?? Walter gasped, his eyes huge in the fear. "She is fine Mr. Skinner, a few bruises and contusions, but she can be released anytime.

Walter was a mix of emotions, grief for losing Sharon, and relief that Jenny was still alive. "I want to see my daughter" Walter stated firmly.

The doctor led them to a small examination room, before going in Walter turned to the doctor "Does she know about her mother?" he asked.

"Yes, she knows, she was holding her mother's head when the ambulance got there." Cho said

"Oh my God." Fox gasped

Walter winced, that was a lot for anyone to go through, let alone a child.

Doctor Cho opened the door to the examination room.

Walter walked in the room, Jenny was sitting up on the examination bed, her back to the door, but turned when she heard it open. "I want my clothing n .." she stopped, seeing her father. "Papa?" she whispered, her eyes wide. A moment later she seemed panicked, as if she were terrified, Jenny slipped off the examination bed as Walter walked towards her, backing away, the tears filling her eyes, "ohh papa, I didn't mean it, I tried to take care of mother like you said, I .. "

Walter gathered his child into his arms, rocking her, comforting her with soft words. "I know baby, shhh it's ok now, Papa's here, there was nothing you could do baby."

Fox remained back, letting them have this moment, this time together.

Jenny was 14, with long dark hair and her fathers eyes. She was a thin child, and even thinner right now, her head was bandaged, and there was a large dark bruise on her face.

"They shot her Papa, they shot mother without a thought. If she hadn't wrecked the car, they would have shot me, too," Jenny was saying, her voice shaky but not breaking yet.

"Shhh its going to be okay."

She saw Fox. "Who is that?" she asked.

Walter paused a moment, they had never told Jenny of their relationship, there had been no need really. Sharon rarely let Walter visit with his daughter. But Walter knew now was the time for honesty. "This is Agent Fox Mulder, Jenny, he works with me, and lives with me."

Jenny looked at Fox a moment, then her father, "Roommates or lovers?" she asked frankly.

Fox thought Walter was going to choke at that one. "Life partners" Fox said.

Jenny nodded, "So that makes you like my step mom then, right?"

This time it was Fox's turn to choke, "Yeah, something like that"

"The doctor said you were OK to go with us, Jenny." Walter said, "Let's get you some clothing, and we will take you home." Jenny nodded woodenly, still not totally aware of what was going on. Walter found a nurse. Jenny's clothes were unwearable, so she gave her some scrubs, and let them check out. While Fox took Jenny the scrubs, Walter spoke to the doctor and nurses, making the first arrangements for Sharon.

In the car, Jenny sat curled up in the back seat, her eyes distant watching the lights go by as they drove. Fox tried to keep up a bit of chatter, but finally became silent. Once at the Crystal City apartment, Walter let them all in, "Are you hungry, Jenny?" he asked.

Jenny shook her head "No, not hungry, don't worry about me. I just want to go to sleep."

Walter showed Jenny to the guest room, "her room now" he thought. Jenny laid down on top of the blankets and curled up in a little ball. Walter took a blanket from the chest, and covered her, hugging her tightly. "I am so glad your OK baby." He said. Jenny didn't answer just closed her eyes.

Walter walked back into the master bedroom he and Fox shared. "She is so closed" Walter said to his lover, Fox drew Walter into a tight hug. "We will be there for her." Walter nodded.

The next morning, Fox woke to a tickle in his nose, as if someone's hair was caressing him, "Walter, you naughty " he began his hand caressing, then he leaped out of bed as if scalded, that was a BREAST he touched. Blinking in shock, he looked down at the two sleeping forms, Walter was on his side of the bed, no problem there, but in the middle, between them was Jenny. She looked so young and sweet, her dark lashes like soot on her alabaster cheeks. Fox made a mental note to check who was in bed before caressing next time.

"Don't worry " Jenny said not opening her eyes, "I know you didn't meant to feel me up" she opened her eyes as Fox blushed 12 shades of red.

"What?" Walter said sitting up in the bed "Jenny what are you doing here?"

"Don't you remember, I live here now" Jenny said.

"I mean in this bed" Walter cut his child off.

"Oh that," Jenny shrugged "I couldn't sleep, so ... was that OK papa?

Walter looked at Jenny, then Fox, then back to Jenny again "Its fine baby"

Jenny stretched looking like a cat, her body so thin. Walter decided the first order of business was breakfast. It had been a month since they had brought Jenny back form the hospital, a hard month with the funeral, and deciding what to do with Jenny. Not that it had really been that much of a problem. Jenny was a bright capable young lady, very lost now that her mother was gone and not too close with her father. Walter and Fox debated on if they would send her to boarding school. It was Fox who nixed that idea.

"She has been though enough Walter, she needs a home and her father."

Walter agreed with him, he hadn't wanted to send Jenny away, but was still a bit concerned, what did he know about raising a daughter, he was just getting used to raising Fox.

Jenny and Fox got along very well actually, Jenny looking at her father's life partner as a mother, letting Fox fuss over her, tempting her with the bits of junk food and other things, seeing she got enough rest. And Jenny was very at ease with Fox, looking to the younger man very much like a surrogate mother.

Walter watched the two, never once thinking this happy little family was going to stay that way .. both Fox and Jenny ere too headstrong and willful and set each in their own ways to be complacent for long.

The day after they brought Jenny home from the hospital, Walter made the arrangements for Sharon's funeral, contacting family, the funeral home, the florist. Jenny was fairly catatonic most of the day, not sleeping but not awake, and Fox, bless his soul, went to the store, getting toiletries and clothing for the unmoving child. It was Fox who coaxed Jenny into eating, and soothed her nightmares those first few days, keeping her company in the early morning hours, when neither could sleep. Walter often found them, curled up on the couch together, not touching, Fox at one end, Jenny at the other, each in their own exhaustion endued sleep.

 

 

end part 1