Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-09-17
Words:
5,699
Chapters:
5/5
Comments:
10
Kudos:
102
Bookmarks:
17
Hits:
12,534

Xander's Love and Adventure

Summary:

Summary: Xander's life has been shattered by betrayal and he leaves California and travels. In the process he ends up in The Leaky Cauldron and a whole lot of surprises.

Chapter 1: Magic and Betrayal

Notes:

Pairing: Xander/Harry
Category: AU/Crossover
Disclaimer: Not Mine.
Thanks to Edi for the beta.
AN: Here's your back story. Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback.

Chapter Text

 

Xander's Love and Adventure
By CaliaDragon

 

Chapter 1: Magic and Betrayal

Xander was in a wonderful mood. Everything had been going his way lately. He had an excellent job, a new apartment and a wonderful girl. The problems with Glory ended more quickly and easily than they had thought they would, thankfully. It all came down to Spike. The day she took him prisoner, Ben took control just long enough for Spike to lash out and kick Ben's head off his shoulders.

He had a seizure afterwards and spent the next three weeks in Xander's spare room, but Xander didn't mind. In fact, if Anya hadn't started throwing fits about him being there, he still would be. By saving them from Glory, Spike had proven he could be trusted and was accepted by the group. In the end, Giles had taken the vampire in.

All in all, Xander was happy with his life. He was even thinking of asking Anya to marry him. Everything seemed to be going his way for once. Until the day he walked into his apartment, and froze at the sight before him. Anya was having sex with someone else on their living room floor. "Anya!" he snarled.

She looked up at him and rolled off the man under her. He just laid where he was. When Xander saw who it was, tears filled his eyes and he sank into one of the chairs. "Giles?" Xander asked softly. The man just continued to stare upwards.

Xander stood and walked over to where Giles lay. He shuddered in disbelief at the vacant look in the Giles' eyes. He turned to look at Anya, who was shifting from foot to foot. "What did you do to Giles?" he asked coldly.

Anya shivered at the look in her boyfriend's eyes, but straightened up defiantly. "He refused to give me orgasms, so I found a spell to make him."

"Why? Why did you do this, Anya?" Xander asked, in a pained voice. He pulled Giles to his feet and straightened his clothes. He was shaking and near to breaking.

"He refused to accept me. I had to make him see me," Anya answered simply.

Xander couldn't help himself, he spun and raised his fist to her. He froze before he hit her, closing his eyes against the horror of what he nearly did.

"Get out," he rasped.

"Xander-"

"Get out or I will start screaming for someone to get vengeance against you," Xander said angrily.

Anya's eyes widened in shock and fear. What had she done? Men cheated all the time, why should Xander care?

A rumble caught their attention and Hallie appeared. The anger on her face made Xander sigh. "Get dressed, Anyanka. I'm taking you somewhere else. I can't believe you did this. You don't even see what you've done wrong," Hallie said angrily. Xander looked at her in surprise. The Justice demon turned sad eyes on Xander. "I'm sorry, hon. I knew that she wasn't good enough for you."

Xander nodded. "I'm going to take Giles to the Magic Box. Please make sure she and all of her things are gone when I get back."

"Sure, sweetie. If you ever need me, just call," Hallie told him gently. It amazed her that she had come to care for the human boy. For that matter, most of Anya's demon friends liked the boy. He treated them with politeness when they came to see Anyanka and was very good to the former demon.
_________

Willow was laughing at something that Tara had said when she saw Xander lead Giles into the room. Xander looked devastated. "Xander?" she called gently, as she stood and walked over to him.

Buffy walked out from behind the counter and over to Xander. "What's going on, Xander?" She asked when Giles just stood there, staring straight ahead.

"Anya put a spell on him," Xander answered tonelessly.

"What? Why?" Spike asked, stunned by the demon bint's gall.

"So he would do what she said, and have sex with her," Xander answered in that toneless voice.

"How did you find out?" Tara asked quietly. She walked over and took his hand in hers.

"I walked in on them and she told me," Xander told her as he turned hollow eyes to her. She felt tears well up in her eyes and led him over to a chair while Buffy brought Giles over and Willow followed.

Willow felt rage licking through her. She wanted to do something to the bitch, but that would have to wait until later. Right now, Giles needed to be released from the spell that Anya had cast on him.

Tara looked at her girlfriend and nodded. She could see the rage in Willow's eyes and felt the same way herself. Not only had Anya betrayed Xander, but she had used magic to rape Giles. She needed to be punished for that. Tara thought that maybe they should send out a call to Ethan and let him punish the bitch.

With a muttered curse, Willow stepped up to Giles and broke the spell. Giles looked around him in confusion, wondering how he had come to be in the shop. "What's going on? How did I end up here?"

Willow bit her lip and looked over at Buffy. She was shaking with rage and Willow could see pain in her eyes. Quietly, Buffy explained what she knew. When she was through, Giles was snarling in rage. "I'll kill her," he spat out. Buffy gulped, Ripper had come out to play. They could see it in his eyes.

"She's gone. Hallie took her away," Xander told them tonelessly. Giles turned to look at the boy and was worried about the look in his eyes.

"Xander, I am so sorry," Giles said.

"Why? It's my fault. If I hadn't fallen for her she never would have gotten anywhere near you. I'm the one who's sorry," Xander told him, as he looked up and turned pain filled eyes to the older man.
___________

In the weeks that followed, they could see that Xander was not really getting over what had happened with Anya. None of them realized just how deeply he had fallen for her. There were also several spells on him that Willow had found and broken.

None of them were surprised when Xander told them he was leaving town. He just couldn't stay there any more. Since the spells had been broken strange things had been happening, and it was getting more dangerous for Xander to stay in Sunnydale.
___________

Xander looked around him as he walked down the street. He was really enjoying London. So far he had gone to all of the places that Giles and Spike had recommended. Now, though, he was a little lost. Spotting a tavern he decided to go in and see if he could get directions back to his hotel or the underground.

When he walked throught the door he was surprised by the strange looks he received, and he wondered if he had wondered into some sort of private club. Everyone was wearing robes. Walking over to the bar, he smiled politely at the bartender. "Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm a little lost."

Tom looked at the muggle in front of him and wondered how he managed to end up in the tavern. Several of the witches and wizards around him were starting to fidget nervously. Arthur and his family were looking on in curiosity.

Tom closed his eyes as the floo suddenly opened up and Harry Potter stepped through. Xander jerked and looked over at the man stepping out of the fireplace. "Holy shit! That's the coolest thing I've ever seen. Well...the second coolest. The first coolest was watching my highschool blow up along with the worm demon that used to be the Mayor," Xander babbled as he tried to figure out if the people around him were human.

"Demon you say?" a big booming voice asked. Xander turned and looked up, and up. His eyes were huge as he took in the sight of Hagrid for the first time.

Looking into the big man's eyes he was struck by the kindness there. "Uh, yeah, I lived in Sunnydale," Xander said faintly. This caused a stir among the people in the tavern. They had never met anyone who had survived a hellmouth infected town.

"How did you come to be on the hellmouth?" Snape asked from his table.

Xander turned to look at the man who had spoken and could see several glamours on him. Xander wondered why they were there. "I was born there," he answered.

Severus gaped at the boy in front of him. Just one vial of the boy's blood would be enough to power at least a hundred different spells that Severus knew of. If Voldermort got his hands on this boy it could be disastrous.

He was not the only one thinking that. Severus could see the look of worry on Arthur and Herimone Weasley's faces. Potter was staring at the boy with a peculiar look on his face. "You wouldn't happen to know a vampire by the name of Drusilla, would you?"

Xander turned back to look at the boy who had fallen out of the fireplace. "Yeah, how do you know her?"

"She's at Hogwarts. She's been talking about her Dark Kitten coming to her. Something about a naughty ex-demon breaking his heart," Harry told him.

"She said I would come to her?" Xander asked worriedly. From having Spike as a roommate, he had come to know about the female vamp that was fascinated with him. Of course, neither his friends nor Spike knew that he was friends with the insane vampiress.

"Yes, she said you would come to help her and the pretty shining light," Harry answered.

"Can you take me there? If Dru said I would come to her then I need to," Xander said.

"You're going to come just like that, on the word of a vampire?" Severus asked as he came to stand beside Harry.

"Look, I survived the hellmouth, and all of the Scourge of Europe at one point or another. Besides, I like Dru," Xander said off handedly.

"With that kind of trust it's a miracle you survived the hellmouth," Severus said acidly.

Xander laughed and then stared at the man with cold, dangerous eyes. "I know Dru. If you hurt me she would hunt you down and play jump rope with your intestines. Besides, you're all witches or wizards of some kind, right?"

"Yes," Severus answered, unnerved by this boy.

"Well, magic doesn't work on me. In fact it usually goes wrong if it's used on me. It either rebounds on the caster or does the exact opposite of what it is suppose to do. I've been fighting things that are much stronger than me since I was fifteen. I can take a human, no sweat," Xander said coolly. He wasn't the least bit intimidated by the Potions Master.

Xander had no way of knowing it, but he had just made several friends by standing up to Severus. One of them being the man himself. It was very rare that someone stood up to him.

 

 

end part 1