Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
604
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,442

A Small Interlude

Summary:

Poor Ash. His work is never done.

Work Text:

Danny and Stacie slipped inside the flat. He opened the door and let her precede him. “I’ll be glad when this one’s over,” he said with a sigh. “It seems like that whatever can go wrong is.”

Stacie smiled ruefully and took off her coat. “Murphy’s Law is in full effect but don’t worry. Mickey has all the bases covered.”

Danny took it from her and hung it up with his. He rolled his eyes. “Him and his bleedin’ plan Bs. Just once, I’d like him to be wrong, just to know that he’s human like the rest of us.”

Stacie smirked and nudged him. “Don’t be jealous, Danny. Green’s definitely not your color.”

Danny stuck his tongue out at her. “I’m not jealous. I’m just concerned about the con and I hate this waiting.”

“Relax. We have to let Mickey and Albert work their magic.”

Danny held his hands up and motioned for air quotes. “I hate floatin’.”

Stacie arched an eyebrow. “And what would you do in Mickey’s place right now?”

“Well, uh…” Danny shrugged and bit his bottom lip. “I haven’t quite got that worked out yet.”

Stacie lightly hit the back of his head. “Don’t strain yourself.”

Danny wore an exaggerated put upon frown. “Hey, you’re not talking to some amateur. I’m just as good.”

“So you keep saying.”

The bantering back and forth stopped when they found Ash asleep at the kitchen table. He had his head down over his outstretched arm. His laptop was open but in low power mode next to him.

Stacie took the small notebook from under Ash’s hand. “Mickey’s been adding to the list every day.” She shut down the laptop, closed it, and set the notebook to the side. “He’s been running Ash ragged.”

Danny smiled wryly and rested a hand on Ash’s shoulder. “We shouldn’t be complaining about floatin’. Disappear for a while, Stace, I’ll take care of him.”

Stacie grinned. “All right, Danny.” She turned on her heel. “Make sure to let him get some sleep.”

“You act like I can’t control me urges,” Danny called after her.

Stacie stopped for a moment. She glanced over her shoulder at him and saw him straighten up and look anywhere except at Ash. She arched her eyebrows and opened her mouth. Then she shook her head and continued on her way. “It’s too easy.”

Danny waited until he heard the door close. He leaned over Ash. He ran his hands along Ash’s back and whispered in his ear, “Wakey, wakey, Ash.”

Ash didn’t respond.

Danny untucked Ash’s shirt and ran his hands underneath along Ash’s bare back. He reveled in the feel of the warm skin. He nuzzled the spot just below Ash’s ear.

Ash groaned softly in his sleep.

“Ash,” Danny whispered again.

“I’ve got it. I’ll take care of it, Mick” Ash mumbled and still sounded annoyed.

Danny saw Ash’s hand twitch on the table. He nipped Ash’s earlobe and smirked at Ash’s sharp intake of breath. “Morning, Sunshine.”

“Danny,” Ash rumbled, barely awake.

Danny helped Ash sit up. “You’ve been sleeping at the kitchen table. Come on. Let’s get you to bed.”

Ash blinked and rubbed his eyes. “I finished the list.”

Danny took Ash’s arm across his shoulders and pulled Ash to his feet. He wrapped an arm around his waist and they started towards the bedroom. “Good man. Just for that, I’ll make sure Mickey doesn’t bother you again the rest of the day.”

Ash managed a tired smile. “I love you, Danny.”

Danny grinned. “What’s not to love?” He got Ash back to their room and pushed him down on the bed. He removed Ash’s shoes and looked to see that Ash was out like a light. He kissed Ash’s forehead. “Love you, too.”