Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
528
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,325

Blanketed By Love

Summary:

4 short looks into the progressing relationship of our boys
Disclaimer: So not mine, never have been, never will be. They belong to Kripke/McG/et al, and a bunch of other corporate-type ppl, in other words, not me.

Work Text:

~~~~~~~~~

Stars and moonlight coloured the night sky. Their pale light reflecting off the feathery form of altostratus clouds blanketing the sky, giving the impression that the world was covered by a plush cornflower comforter.

Looking out into the night sky, Dean smiled at the soft rustling he'd come to identify with the arrival of his angel.

The angel said nothing, studying the hunter and the sky that seemed to fascinate him. "It's quite magnificent."

"It's the same blue as..." Dean trailed off as he turned his head, his hazel eyes locking with Cas' fathomless blue ones.

Castiel simply tilted his head questioningly. After a moment he asked, "As what?"

Dean closed his eyes, letting out a weighted breath, "Doesn't matter. So, what are you doing here, Cas?"

Now it was the angel who looked sheepish, "It's been several days since we spoke."

The young man chuckled, "Aw, Cas, you missed me?"

The angel straightened his head and directed his gaze back out over the landscape, "Dean..."

"Don't worry, Cas," Dean squeezed the angel's shoulder. "Come on, let's get out of here."

~~~~~~

Castiel sat on a park bench watching the sunlight play off the dew coated grass. A soft smile played over dry lips as his thoughts turned to an impossible and irreverent mortal whose eyes glistened with the same luscious greens of the grass. Images of his hunter popped into his head, unbidden. In his mind, Dean was laughing, smiling his slightly crooked smile, carefree and happy with Castiel's name on his lips as he lay on the soft blanket of grass. Cas smiled to himself, that was a sight he longed to see in the flesh- perhaps one day he would.

~~~~~~

Dean lay on the cold rock floor of the cave, a mere alcove in truth, his head nestled softly against a partially folded angel wing. The chill of the stone and the air around him was barely noticed as his angel stroked his short hair. Covering the mortal protectively with his other, fully outstretched wing.
It had taken no small amount of convincing to get Dean to accompany Castiel to this place, to leave the world and the upcoming battles behind for even a few moments. The angel hadn't dared to think it would lead to his hunter laying in his arms, blanketed by his welcoming wings keeping the rest of the world at bay.

~~~~~~

Lightning flashed outside the small building, light from the charged plasma filtering through the gossamer curtains, bringing momentary daylight to the room.
The burst of light illuminating two bodies, the slightly larger one blanketing his companion.
Slim hands played over the bare skin of the human blanket, petting and caressing, clenching and clawing at the near perfect skin.

Short nails dug sharply into the larger man's back, causing him to gasp and moan his lover's name, "Caaassss!"
Dean's back curved with his outcry and he thrust harder into his angel's body.

Their love making had been so long in coming, the passion and intensity of it seemed to match the storm outside. But as surely as they knew the storm would pass, both angel and hunter knew their love would not.