Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
199
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,010

Miracle

Summary:

Dean and Cas find there are still miracles.
Disclaimer: So not mine, never have been, never will be. They belong to Kripke/McG/et al, and a bunch of other corporate-type ppl, in other words, not me.

Work Text:

~~~~~~~~~

Castiel stood, still as a statue, head cocked in childlike fascination as he watched white tuffs sail and float around him. The grace and beauty of their elegant dance took his breath away.

Leaning languidly against the cool metal of the Impala, Dean smiled as he watched his angel lost in the magnificence of the world around him. He'd always known Cas was different from other angels. Dean could see it in the way the angel looked at the world, and sense it in the wealth of emotions he could feel- everything was a miracle, something to be cherished and revered.
The hunter had never been one to believe in miracles, even after Castiel plucked him from the Pit, but seeing his angel's wonder and innocence at even the simplest phenomenon, things people too often took for granted, like a flurry of dandelion seeds creating a snow storm in mid-June could cause even the most cynical man to believe.
Watching Castiel, Warrior of God, smiling in the white downpour, Dean couldn't help but be proud. He knew how lucky he was to have Cas, to have an angel who still saw miracles. For Dean, Castiel was his own miracle.