Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,003
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,106

Somet'ing More

Summary:

Summary: One night, that was meant to be just a bit of fun, turned out to be more important to either of them than they realised.

Work Text:

 

Somet'ing More
by charlies_dragon
http://charlies-dragon.livejournal.com

 

Sure they'd done this a few times before; escaped the mansion and everyone in it, packed bags with not very much in them, driven off on their respective vehicles and always starting off in opposite direction, but ending up at the same place at almost the same time. Tonight, however, seemed different. Remy couldn't quite place it, but something wasn't the same about tonight.

"Homme, dere somet'ing you wan' be telling me?" Remy asked, walking through the front door of the small cabin, dropping his mostly-empty bag on the floor by the door. When there wasn't an immediate reply, he walked over to the sofa where Logan was sitting and rolling an unopened bottle of Molson's between his hands. There was still no answer as Remy sat on the other end of the sofa facing Logan, just a slowing of the beer bottle in the older man's hands.

"I can't do this anymore. I won't." Came the quiet reply, just as Remy had come to the conclusion that no answer would be coming.

"Can't do what, cher?" Remy asked, feeling slightly confused

"This," Logan says as he stands up and takes a few steps away from the Cajun on the sofa. "I can't pretend anymore," and with that Logan started walking out of the cabin and over to his jeep. Before he could get more than one of his feet out of the front door Remy called out and Logan stopped immediately, but didn't turn around as he listened.

"Pretendin' what homme? Dat Remy really be Jeannie? Dat it? Thought y' could use Remy as a subs'tute but got bored after a coupl'a fucks when he weren't the real t'ing?" Remy drawled bitterly, face twisting in a derisive sneer as he lost his cool.

After Remy's explosion, which had shocked him as well as Logan with its intensity, there was just silence. Nothing could be heard except the rustling of leaves and the distant birdsong. Except Remy's harsh breathing, but even that calmed down and was barely audible before anyone spoke again.

"Is dat what y' can' pretend anymore?" Remy asked quietly, barely louder than breathing, but he knew Logan would hear him. Still the Logan just stood there, unmoving and almost statue-like.

"Weren't never a substitute and I ain't got bored of ya, so get that idea outta ya head," came the quiet but stern reply minutes later. Logan still hadn't moved, but Remy felt most of the tension in his body drain out with that reply.

"Then why y'leavin' cher?" Remy asked, taking a few tentative steps closer to Logan.

"I told ya, I'm done with pretendin'." And with that Logan began walking again and was at the door of his jeep, left hand on the handle, before Remy caught up with him. He spun Logan around so that they could have it out face to face.

"So Remy ain't a subs'tute and y'not bored with him. Don't see anyt'ing y'need to be leavin' over. Remy like ya plenty, so he's not understandin' what y'be pretendin' 'bout," Remy said, frowning as he tries to work out what Logan's been 'pretending' about whenever they've met up before, unconsciously slipping more into talking about himself in the third person the more upset he got.

"Y'been pretendin' to like de hommes as well as de femmes? Dat be all Remy can think that y'been pretendin' 'bout before now," Remy asked, hoping that he hadn't been, yet again, someone's experiment.

"Nope, not that. Ya gonna make me say it ain't ya, Gumbo?" Logan said with a sigh. Remy could see him bracing himself as if getting ready to have Juggernaut thrown at him. Obviously what he was about to say was difficult for him and he was fully expecting to be mocked endlessly for what he was about to reveal.

"I'm through pretendin' that this doesn't mean anything, that this is just about getting off and nothing else." With that, Logan closed his eyes and turned around so his back was to Remy again, and reached out to open the door to the jeep.

"Y'care 'bout Remy? He's more than a fuck t'ya?" Remy asked quietly, leaning in to Logan as if trying to trap him with his body and stop him from running again.

"More than I should," came the equally quiet reply from a very still and tightly shut-eyed Logan.

"Open y'eyes cher." Remy half whispered. When Logan opened his eyes and saw Remy staring at him intently, he calmed down and relaxed, safe in the knowledge that the thief wasn't going to mock him. Intrigued to know what Remy was going to say, he leaned into the taller man, almost unconsciously.

"Thought y'knew how Remy felt, that he wanted more than just th' odd night here and there. Thought y'knew that Remy feels more than he should for y'," Remy continued in that half whisper.

Hearing that, Logan pulled Remy in tightly against him, one hand on his lower back and the other on the back of his head, tugging his head down for a kiss. Unlike all the previous times, this wasn't strong, forceful or full of wild passion; this kiss was gentle, loving and felt like a gift.

Leaning back from Logan slightly, Remy whispered against his lips teasingly.

"T'ink we should take this inside cher, wouldn't wan' ta give anyone driving passed a shock now would we."

Without replying, Logan twisted the two of them around, his hands still on Remy, and dragged them both back over to the cabin, out of prying eyes and away from everyone who could, and would, try to convince each of them that the other was no good for them.

 

end