Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
557
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
847

Sono Collegati 8: Ace

Summary:

Summary: A showing of what Ace sees and hears
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Type: Ace POV-ish.
Archive?: Sure! Just let me know where
Spoilers for: "Ace in The Hole"
Disclaimer: DC and WB owns 'em.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sono Collegati 8: Ace
By Prodigette

 

Ace played with the red rubber ball, chewing on it. Bruce patted the large black dog on the head and gave a small smile. The dog had been living in the manor for a few years. He had gotten to know the strange old man, and took a liking to him immediately. Ace would do anything to protect him.

Bruce was the one who took him in. Took care of him, fed him, and made sure that he was okay. Bruce told more about himself to Ace than to Terry.

"Good boy." The man said, looking down at the great dane. Ace wanted to chew on Bruce's shoes. They were nice and leather. The real kind. He must have smelled the inside of those shoes a million times. The man would leave one of his blazers laying on a bed, and Ace would sniff it for a while.

Bruce smelled like wine, sandalwood soap, and Terry. Bruce's scent was something spicy. It was something that Ace was getting more and more used to. It wasn't just him and Bruce anymore. The front door opened and closed.

"Hey mutt." A familiar voice said from a certain distance. Terry. Ace didn't like him at first. A year ago, he didn't trust him. He knew whenever Terry was up to something, even before Bruce did.

Having keen senses was definitely a good thing. But Terry saved him a few times and vice versa. They came to somewhat of an understanding.

You stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours.

Terry smelled like pizza, vanilla shampoo and Bruce. Ace had sniffed the boy a couple of times, even when Terry slept. He hated it when Bruce and Terry would fight. Not their usual disagreement about things, but their fights where voices would be raised and Terry would slam doors. Then it would get extremely quiet and neither man would speak for hours. Ace liked it better when they got along. Or at least got along better.

"So how did it go?" Bruce asked. Terry sat down on the leather couch across from the older man. "So far, so good. Got a B minus on my Recent History test."

"Hmm. You may actually be smarter than you look, McGinnis" Bruce said.

"Bruce.... was that a joke?" Terry asked, smile in his voice. Bruce smirked. "Perhaps."

Terry picked up a throw pillow and threw it at Bruce. Ace watched as the pillow sailed over his head and Bruce caught it in his hands.

"I'm tired of talking about school. C'mere." Terry said. When Bruce didn't come to see him, Terry shrugged. "Fine, then. I'll guess I'll have to come over there."

"It seems that way." Bruce said, his stony bass voice was tinged with sarcasm. Just then, The boy stood up and stepped over the dog on the carpet to crawl into Bruce's lap.

Ace fully stood up to see what they were up to.

He could see the boy curled around his master. What were they doing? Ace could hear laughter coming from Terry and then the two men's mouths were pressed together. Kissing. Ace titled his head in confusion. He'd seen them both do that often, but didn't really know what it meant.

Ace could only let his tail wag in happiness.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.