Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
609
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
960

Sono Collegati 7: Locked

Summary:

Summary: He's not leaving.
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Archive?: Sure!
Disclaimer: DC and WB owns 'em.
Note: This part is short, but longer parts will be out.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sono Collegati 7: Locked
by Prodigette

 

Bruce wasn't in the batcave. It rarely happened, but Bruce probably went to another room after guiding Terry. Terry walked up the cave steps and out of the entrance. He pulled down the pendulum of the grandfather clock, and the batcave entrance was hidden again.

Terry was still sore and bruised from his patrolling. He had gotten into a pretty bad fight with a few Jokerz, but made it out okay. Bruce seemed to be pretty proud of him. Terry's training had advanced more since the teen was getting better and better at fighting and figuring out things. He looked around. Bruce was sitting in his favorite chair with Ace sitting at his feet.

"Whatcha doin'?" Terry asked, walking into the den. He pulled off his cowl and sat on one of the chair's arms. The older man looked up at him and held up the book he was reading.

" 'Interview With The Vampire'? Wow.I didn't know you liked Anne Rice."

Bruce gave a small grin. "There's a lot you don't know."

Terry returned his lover's grin."Tell me about it." He leaned forward to kiss Bruce's forehead and proceeded to look around the den. The room was much smaller than the library, but had an extraordinary amount of books in it. Terry knew that Bruce had read them all. Maybe the older man even had most of them memorized.

"How long have you lived in this house?" Terry asked. It was something he had been meaning to ask Bruce ever since he first met him. The manor was very big and sometimes made Terry a little paranoid. But there were a few things that he wanted to know.

Bruce paused before speaking. "For as long as I've been alive. But the building is almost 200 years old. It's been rebuilt a few times, of course."

Terry smirked, seeing his as a perfect opportunity to say something smart-alek. "You sure that's not your *real* age?"

Bruce raised an eyebrow and closed the hardcover book. "Would you be sleeping with me if I were?"

Terry snorted. "Only if you were a vampire. Then you'd *never* sleep."

"Why is that?"

Terry leaned in and put his lips to Bruce's ear. "I wouldn't let you." Another small smile spread across Bruce's lips, and Terry couldn't help but to smile back. He gave Bruce a quick kiss and looked around again.

"Bruce, you disappeared from the spotlight for 20 years. What all did you do here?"

Bruce continued to stare at the flickering flames of the fireplace in front of him. "I lived my life."

Terry looked down at the black carpeting."Yeah, but... it must have been hard. Being alone, I mean. All those years. It must have been pretty lonely."

Bruce kept his face impassive as he continued to look ahead. "I managed."

Terry closed his eyes and sighed. He know that Bruce couldn't open up to him, but hoped that the older man wouldn't continue to keep his feelings bottled up.

"You're mine. You can be really mean and stubborn sometimes, but you're mine. Maybe you want to stay in this house alone. I don't know. I can't read your mind. But, I'm not going anywhere.You have me."

A loud bark made Terry look down at the black dog sitting at Bruce's feet. "Oh yeah. You have the mutt, too."

Terry scooted himself off of the chair's arm so that he was sitting in Bruce's lap. The younger man often thought that doing so would be too girly, but right now he didn't care. He wasn't about to leave Bruce alone.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.