Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Muse of Fanfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,274
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
2,159

Copier Out of Order

Summary:

SUMMARY: Zeus goes to visit the Goddess of Memory with a plan to 'make' a Muse.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

 

-*-
Copier Out of Order
Muse of Fanfic III
by Scorpio
-*-

Zeus was wearing his most flattering outfit. It was an old fashioned robe embroidered in silver and gold over top of the traditional draped toga. He wore the traditional open toed sandals and a circlet of olive branches upon his brow. He ignored the fact that his classic and traditional outfit clashed with his modern scent of 'Hugo Boss'. He usually wore the silk business suits that were so fashionable these days, but every now and then, he pulled out his "King of the Gods" outfit and went on the prowl.

Sidling around a corner, Zeus made his way into the Records Department on the 20th floor. Actually, the 20th, 19th and 18th floor were active records, but Mnemosyne also had the archives of older and outdated records on the 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd floors as well. This floor, the 20th, held Mnemosyne's personal office.

As he walked passed row upon row of floor to ceiling shelving units with their endless lines of folders and binders holding reams upon reams of papers, graphs and pictures he encountered a lot of beautiful and perky blue haired Naiads or lovely and shy green haired Oceanids. They all seemed a little off balance at his august presence.

Then, he turned the corner and the records changed from the average paper kind to the more godly kind. These shelves had row upon row of neatly labeled and filed cylinder shaped crystals that were used to record everything that happened in the Halls of Time...which was one floor up from where they were now. No one but Mnemosyne herself was allowed to file those records. Her assistants were all lovely girls, but they were hardly divine and the Hall of Time could only be entered by Gods or Goddesses. And even then, they needed permission from either himself, Hera or Mnemosyne.

Speaking of the Goddess of Memory, Zeus turned one last corner and stood in the doorway of her personal office and waved the pale winged Air Elemental which was her secretary quiet. Mnemosyne was dressed in a long flowing silk skirt, a light peach knit top and her blonde hair was pulled up in a sleek twist at the back of her head. She was frantically searching among the
scattered papers on the small work table over to the side.

ZEUS: 'Nemy.

He delicately cleared his throat.

Mnemosyne continued her search and muttered under her breath.

ZEUS: 'Nemy.

With one last glare at the table, Mnemosyne turned her attention to a large cabinet. She pulled open the doors and began to rifle through it's contents, obviously looking for something.

MNEMOSYNE: Where did I leave you?

Zeus wondered if it was a bad sign that the Goddess of Memory had forgotten something, but then he shrugged it off. Everyone has a bad day.

ZEUS: 'Nemy. ... Mnemosyne!

With a start and a quiet 'eep', Mnemosyne whirled around to face Zeus. Seeing that it was him and not, apparently, a giant monster, she sagged against the cabinet and sighed in relief.

MNEMOSYNE: Whoo! It's you. You gave me a bit of a scare.

He chuckled and reached out to take her elbow and help her to stand up right. He then gently began to guide her out of the outer office of her secretary and back into her own inner office. With a thought, he shut the door behind him and tried not to wince at the peach and cream color scheme.

ZEUS: I'm sorry, my dear. I didn't mean to frighten you.

He gallantly held out her chair for her, but when she sat down at her desk she immediately began to search through the stacks of papers and her drawers. Zeus frowned at her distraction. He was *trying* to be seductive here and she wasn't paying him any attention.

ZEUS: 'Nemy...it's been far too long since we've had any...quality time together.

MNEMOSYNE: Yes, yes. Well, I'm quite busy these days. I've a billion forms that come into the office everyday and they all need to be filed. Special cases in the mortal world that need my personal touch and a quarter of my staff is out ill from an oil spill caused by a ship wreaked oil tanker.

She continued to search her desk, a frown of concern growing on her face. Zeus figured that if she didn't have time for a seduction anymore, than he should play up to her sense of duty.

ZEUS: Yes, well. I suggest that you talk with Personnel. See if they have any temperary workers that you could loan until your injured Oceanids are back to top form. I think that there is a bunch of young Elementals that just graduated from the University all looking for jobs.

Mnemosyne hummed in agreement and stood up from her desk. She walked over to the low sideboard and began to rifle through it as well. Zeus cleared his throat.

ZEUS: I'm also afraid that I'm going to have to add to your duties, my dear.

The Goddess of Memory looked up and scowled at him, but soon went back to her frantic search while muttering under her breath.

ZEUS: You see, it has come to the attention of the Board Members that we need another God or Goddess. Specifically, a Muse.

That brought Mnemosyne up short. Standing up tall, she slowly turned around and leveled a glare at Zeus even as she was shaking her head.

MNEMOSYNE: No! I refuse! I gave you *nine* daughters old man and I'm *not* giving you any more! That's *final*. Find someone else to be your brood sow, I'm not doing it.

She sniffed and pierced him with a haughty look

MNEMOSYNE: I'm a career woman now.

Then, she turned her back on him and went back to her search. Zeus just goggled at her for a long moment. He was a bit upset that she had refused him, but that had happened to him in the past, so it wasn't a completely new thing. The problem was, this wasn't just some idle lust for him, he *needed* a new Muse.

He could, of course, always overpower her and rape her. He'd raped in the past, but he didn't want it to come to that. First of all, there were now laws forbidding that sort of thing and if he broke the law he didn't think that Ares would hesitate to sweep in with a whole platoon of his Security
Force and arrest him personally. Most likely smirking the entire time. Plus, doing that would make half of the females in the city angry at him and make the remaining half frightened to be near him. Getting laid after that would be a miracle.

Finally, he pulled himself out of his thoughts and noticed that Mnemosyne was still frantically searching her office and getting more upset as she went.

ZEUS: 'Nemy, my dear. *What* in Tartarus are you looking for?

Turning, she nearly wailed in frustration.

MNEMOSYNE: My glasses! I can't remember where I put the dammed things!

With a chuckle, Zeus stood up and walked over to the frustrated Goddess. Then, gently as he could, he lifted the delicate wire framed glasses from off of her head and handed them to her.

ZEUS: Here you go, my dear.

With a cry of delight, Mnemosyne grabbed her glasses and perched them on her nose. Then, she turned a shrewd look at Zeus.

MNEMOSYNE: I'm *still* not going to sleep with you old man.

Zeus sighed.

 

 

SCORPIO
[scorpiofic@aol.com]
http://members.tripod.com/sentinel-cat/Scorpio

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scorpio.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: