Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,178
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,680

The Green-eyed Monster

Summary:

"Eliot definitely had an anger management problem."

Work Text:

Disclaimer: Sadly, I don't own the lovely guys of Leverage. If I did, I would so NOT be here typing this. Instead, I'd be holed up somewhere making Alec and Eliot play out some of my wilder fantasies with Nate tied up in a chair to watch. Parker and Maggie would be off petting and smelling each other (lol). And Sophie would be locked in a trunk somewhere.

 

*************

Eliot definitely had an anger management problem. He knew it. Accepted it. Embraced it even.

In his line of work it didn’t matter much if he got a little pissed now and then. Sometimes it made him better at his job. And of course, if his anger got the best of him, there was always a head available for the random pounding. And even more, they usually deserved it.

But now? Standing in the produce section of the local grocery store, he could feel his anger rising. Unfortunately, this wasn’t a random dirt bag that he’d relish pounding into the pavement. No, instead it was a buxom blonde that kept pushing her tits into Hardison’s face, flirting with him nonstop. And even worse, Alec was oblivious.

Eliot had never raised his hand to a woman, and he knew he never would. But Little Miss Tits was really trying his patience.
 
Grabbing a couple tomatoes and a few bell peppers, Eliot placed them in the shopping cart before turning towards Hardison.

“You ready? I’m done here.”

Smiling at the silicone queen, Hardison turned towards Eliot, quirking a brow at the undisguised annoyance in his lover’s eyes.

“Sure. We can hit the cereal aisle on the way to the front. Parker told me to get Cap ‘N Crunch.”

Eliot nodded, before pushing the cart between Alec and the bimbo that had been dogging them since they’d gotten to the produce section. Narrowly missing her foot, Eliot suppressed a grin at her yelp of alarm.

Wheeling the cart towards the breakfast aisle, Eliot searched for the type of cereal Parker requested, grabbing the box and putting it in the cart. Scanning the shelves, Eliot spotted the sugary Pop Tarts that Alec loved. Making sure they were strawberry, he grabbed two boxes and placed them in the cart before continuing down the aisle.

Glancing around, Eliot noticed that Alec was just now walking away from the blonde. Growling to himself, he pushed the cart to the front, mostly ignoring Alec as he joined him in line.
 
“El, you okay?”

“Peachy,” Eliot snapped, as he began placing the items on the counter so they could be checked out.

Alec, for once, wisely remained quiet.

---

“So…….do I get the silent treatment for the rest of the night. Or do you wanna tell me what’s crawled up your ass?” Alec asked. They’d retired to the living room after cleaning up the mess from dinner.

“Don’t know what you’re talkin’ about,” Eliot replied, taking a swig of his beer and flipping the channel.

“I’m talking about you nearly mauling a woman with a shopping cart. Or snapping my head off at the store for asking a simple question. Not to mention the fact that you barely spoke to me through dinner. So, as I said before, are you gonna tell me what the hell is wrong with you?”

“Ain’t nothin’ wrong with me. And I missed her by a mile.”

Alec rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to the TV. He really didn’t understand what was going on. Eliot never acted like this. Sure, he sometimes got quite and a little sullen, but that was usually after a job had gone wrong. Or, in most cases, when he’d managed to injure himself and didn’t want to admit he was in pain. This, however, was different.

Sighing, Hardison grabbed Eliot’s discarded beer bottle and disappeared into the kitchen.

----
Eliot jumped when he heard Hardison’s slight yell. Jumping up from the couch, Eliot rushed to the kitchen, only to find Alec holding his hand under the faucet. His bleeding hand.

“What the hell? What did you do?” Eliot asked, moving to the sink to inspect Hardison’s hand.

“Be careful, there’s glass on the floor.” Alec answered as he turned the faucet off. “I banged the damn beer bottle on the edge of the counter. It shattered and cut my hand.”

“Weren’t you paying attention? Dammit Hardison.” Reaching over to grab a few paper towels, Eliot grabbed Alec’s hand, “Here, let me look at it.”

Sighing, Alec let Eliot inspect his hand. Wincing, he watched as Eliot poked and prodded at the sluggishly bleeding hand. “Well?”

“It’s not too bad. Come on, I’ve got tweezers and bandages in the bathroom. Let me get the glass out and patch you up.”

Alec followed his lover down the hall, trying his best not to bleed on the carpet. Taking a seat on the toilet, Alec waited for Eliot to gather his supplies.

Grabbing the first aid kit from the cabinet, Eliot kneeled in front of Alec, taking his hand.

Alec was quiet as he watched Eliot remove the tiny pieces of glass, wincing occasionally when Eliot had to dig a bit for the tinier pieces.

“Shit!” Alec yelled as Eliot poured alcohol over the wound.

“Stop being such a baby, Hardison. You’ll live.”

“Baby my ass. That shit stings! Don’t you have, like, peroxide or somethin’?”

“Yes, I do. This works just as good. Be still.”

“If you’d used the peroxide I wouldn’t have moved!”

“Whatever.” Eliot finished cleaning the wound before applying the bandages. “There you go.”

“Thanks,” Alec mumbled, unable to feel too grateful as his hand throbbed.

Eliot nodded, standing to his feet and discarding the bloody paper towels and cotton balls. “It wasn’t too deep, but you’ll need to keep it as dry as possible so it doesn’t get infected.”

“Okay, doc. I’m gonna go clean up that glass.”

“I’ll do it. Just let me finish up in here.”

Alec looked at Eliot for a moment before nodding to himself and leaving the bathroom.

---
“Here.”

Alec was caught off guard as the foil package landed on his chest. “What’s this?”

“What does it look like?” Eliot replied as he settled next to Hardison on the couch, taking a swig of his beer.

“Pop Tarts? At 11pm?”

“You don’t want ‘em?” Eliot asked, leaning over to grab the remote off the coffee table.

“I didn’t say that,” Hardison replied, attempting to open the foil package.

“Give it here.” Taking the package from Alec, Eliot opened it easily, before handing it back.

“Thanks.”

“Yeah.”

The two men sat in a long, comfortable silence, the only sound coming from the television, Eliot’s intermittent swallows as he drank his beer, and the crinkling and crunching as Alec munched on his Pop Tarts.

“You know I wasn’t into her, right?”

Eliot glanced over at Hardison, quirking a brow.

“The blonde. At the grocery store. I wasn’t into her. Hell, I didn’t realize she was into me until she tried to give me her phone number. And once I realized it, I told her I wasn’t interested.”

Eliot didn’t respond. Not verbally anyway. Alec hadn’t really expected him to. His only acknowledgement was the slight smirk he couldn’t suppress and changing the channel to the latest rerun of Torchwood.

That was good enough for Alec.

END